Check your account email address ×

Rental car companies are divesting from EV’s, and replacing them with properly powered vehicles

https://www.businessinsider.com/ford-dealers-dont-want-to-sell-electric-cars-trucks-2023-12#:~:text=Just over half of Ford's,Mach-e%2C Ford says.

1920 Ford dealers are going with the EV program, which can cost up to $1.2mn.  1550 dealers told them to go pound sand, we wil sell gas, diesel and hybrids only.

16 minutes ago, nascarmike said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/ford-dealers-dont-want-to-sell-electric-cars-trucks-2023-12#:~:text=Just over half of Ford's,Mach-e%2C Ford says.

1920 Ford dealers are going with the EV program, which can cost up to $1.2mn.  1550 dealers told them to go pound sand, we wil sell gas, diesel and hybrids only.

EV’s are so superior they have to mandate them here 

28 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Derp.  Not on the rental fleet.  Base models are boring as fuck.  Sort of like your truck.

You probably think they save the environment too.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You probably think they save the environment too.

Lol, what I drive averages under 8mpg.  Why you'd think that would even come into play for a car for me is something so stupid only you could say it.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

How many hotels have charging stations?   That would be the only way I'd rent a EV on a business trip.  Yeah I know hotels don't have gas pumps but charging an EV isn't as convenient as filling up with gas. 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

How many hotels have charging stations?   That would be the only way I'd rent a EV on a business trip.  Yeah I know hotels don't have gas pumps but charging an EV isn't as convenient as filling up with gas. 

There’s 120 outlets you can plug into so it dies slower 

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What, you don't want the charging an EV experience.  Like charge, then go for lunch and come back later.  Hey its no interruption.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What, you don't want the charging an EV experience.  Like charge, then go for lunch and come back later.  Hey its no interruption.

Bet rental companies charge for how low the battery is when you return it.   How many times have you filled your rental car next to the airport or rental car return because they want to add a couple dollars per gallon to fill it for you.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Bet rental companies charge for how low the battery is when you return it.   How many times have you filled your rental car next to the airport or rental car return because they want to add a couple dollars per gallon to fill it for you.  

I have pre-paid on my profile so I bring it back empty.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I have pre-paid on my profile so I bring it back empty.

Wow, you are dumb.

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

No they don't.  I've rented EV's a bunch and there is zero charge to bring it back "empty".  Quotes are because it had to be above 10%.

Just now, Deephaven said:

Wow, you are dumb.

No they don't.  I've rented EV's a bunch and there is zero charge to bring it back "empty".  Quotes are because it had to be above 10%.

95% of my rentals are billed to customers.  I ain't wasting my time to save $10.  

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Wow, you are dumb.

Good to know.   How are the rates compared to ICE vehicles?  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Good to know.   How are the rates compared to ICE vehicles?  

Big car for a teeny car price.  Generally they aren't strippers like most rental cars as well.  If you don't have a long ways to drive I'd rather rent one.