Check your account email address ×

Rental car companies are divesting from EV’s, and replacing them with properly powered vehicles

On 1/11/2024 at 8:34 PM, X2700 said:

I’d say most that rent cars don’t want to screw around with charging. just want to stop gas and go.

Yep, I was at our local CTC yesterday, and saw a couple of mustangs being charged up. The weird thing to me was that it was snowing and blowing out, and the occupants of both vehicles were standing outside by their vehicles, with their kids. Is there some kind of safety issue that you cann,t be in your vehicle while it is charging, while you are on a trip somewhere ? I would hate to be caught in a snowstorm out on a freeway and not have enough juice left to be able to stay warm.

• Sad 1

:lol:

The fellow said his trip to Saskatoon from Kelowna takes about 3 times longer for charging time (sitting time). His charges today were about $100 and two hours of sitting with heaters on and the battery was only 2/3 charged.

31 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

:lol:

The fellow said his trip to Saskatoon from Kelowna takes about 3 times longer for charging time (sitting time). His charges today were about $100 and two hours of sitting with heaters on and the battery was only 2/3 charged.

Was driving from home to Regina last night. It hit -35 and pushing a crazy nasty wind from the NW. Wind chills were in the -50’s 

while my typical range did drop a little, I just thought thank the lord Jesus I’m not in a stupid fucking electric car 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rod said:

Was driving from home to Regina last night. It hit -35 and pushing a crazy nasty wind from the NW. Wind chills were in the -50’s 

while my typical range did drop a little, I just thought thank the lord Jesus I’m not in a stupid fucking electric car 

Look at the tax write-off to try and push this junk.

The Canadian government has passed Bill C-30, which expands tax support for business investment in electric vehicles. Small business owners can write off 100% of the purchase price of the eligible ZEV up to a maximum of $55,000 

26 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Look at the tax write-off to try and push this junk.

The Canadian government has passed Bill C-30, which expands tax support for business investment in electric vehicles. Small business owners can write off 100% of the purchase price of the eligible ZEV up to a maximum of $55,000 

What do you get for $55,000

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Your brain already depreciated to nothing, now your ev is on a fast track to match.

It's no wonder you can't rub two cents together.  Have fun.

He’s a typical neolib. Demands that you love EV’s, but won’t buy one himself