Check your account email address ×

Like old Triples?

Nice!

I still regret selling my low miles 97 FIII, but I have too many machines now.

Lol, 21 ICE pieces,  totaling 63 cylinders. I just added them up to prove my green bona fides.

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Nice!

I still regret selling my low miles 97 FIII, but I have too many machines now.

Lol, 21 ICE pieces,  totaling 63 cylinders. I just added them up to prove my green bona fides.

I have an old sled addiction and there is no cure.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I have an old sled addiction and there is no cure.  

Once I fully retire there are a few that I will pay stupid money for. 

Don't tell my wife.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Once I fully retire there are a few that I will pay stupid money for. 

Don't tell my wife.

Really only one I have left that I want right now is an 01-03 XCR 800.  Really only willing to buy sleds in very good shape and willing to pay if they are good enough.  I need to stop doubling up on the models I already have and hold out for the Polaris. 

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Really only one I have left that I want right now is an 01-03 XCR 800.  Really only willing to buy sleds in very good shape and willing to pay if they are good enough.  I need to stop doubling up on the models I already have and hold out for the Polaris. 

1984 JD liquifier

Same vintage Yamaha Vmax

I really don't know what I'd pay for those in near mint shape...probably too much.

Never really understood the guys that pay ridiculous money for say a 69 Camaro or Mustang etc.

Buy some old turd that a soccer mom's suv would beat in any measure of performance.......

Then I got old and somewhat nostalgic.

13 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

1984 JD liquifier

Same vintage Yamaha Vmax

I really don't know what I'd pay for those in near mint shape...probably too much.

Never really understood the guys that pay ridiculous money for say a 69 Camaro or Mustang etc.

Buy some old turd that a soccer mom's suv would beat in any measure of performance.......

Then I got old and somewhat nostalgic.

There was a couple early 80's Vmax's I should have went after.   I have my 80's gem (82 Kawasaki Interceptor) so I didn't pull the trigger.

I want a 1989 Indy 650.  That was the sled of my dreams when I was 9 years old.  That's a minty thunnerchicken!  Would love a rip on a crusty laketop on that!

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

There was a couple early 80's Vmax's I should have went after.   I have my 80's gem (82 Kawasaki Interceptor) so I didn't pull the trigger.

I'd take an Interceptor as well. Buddy had one, cool as fuck for the time.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Picked this up last week.   Can't believe what he let it go for.  98's in this kind of shape are hard to come by.

20240106_192710_resized.jpg

20240106_192720_resized.jpg

20240106_192812_resized.jpg

Awesome!

but rebuild the water pump ASAP 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I had an 03-06 800 xcr . Till this day I wish I never sold it.

• Like 2

Just now, XCR1250 said:

"06" what?

when poo dropped the xcr 800 in o3 they hung on to a bunch. Released them to dealers in 06 as used sleds with 5-6 miles on them as they would not pass emitions to be sold as new.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

when poo dropped the xcr 800 in o3 they hung on to a bunch. Released them to dealers in 06 as used sleds with 5-6 miles on them as they would not pass emitions to be sold as new.

Dad not know that 

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I never heard of that, a very good friend owned a Polaris dealership, he never mentioned that. I got my 2001 that way though, over-stock left over in 2002.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I never heard of that, a very good friend owned a Polaris dealership, he never mentioned that. I got my 2001 that way though, over-stock left over in 2002.

Saw one in Nashua NH and just thought it was a used sled . Asked the guy how many miles. He said 5

Then 2 months later saw another in Milo Maine and asked about it. When he also said 5 miles we kept talking and he told me what happened with them .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, nascarmike said:

How many miles? Gotta be low.

• Like 2