Check your account email address ×

how are all you greedy boomers going to enjoy your 3.2% COLA ?

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Explain that to the old guys here who are still working to be able to afford a boat...although you probably should have years ago.

Who are those people?  You've looked at their balance sheets have you and think you know what they can afford?  No.  So shut the fuck up clown car.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Explain that to the old guys here who are still working to be able to afford a boat...although you probably should have years ago.

If you're able to retire at a young age I say congrats, you made good choices or were very fortunate. Yeah, I'm a boomer and could retire and be fairly comfortable owing nothing and having a decent portfolio but the bottom line is that I love what I do and I don't find it to be work. So to make C2C rest a little easier I'm still contributing in order to help him survive in his golden years.

47 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you're discernment abilities are about as pragmatic as your voting logic.  did you even graduate high school or has the GED carried you this far?

seems like I've touched a few nerves... :bigfinger:

bye :lol2:

Poor frightened Beta Boo :lmao:

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Who are those people?  You've looked at their balance sheets have you and think you know what they can afford?  No.  So shut the fuck up clown car.

You seem triggered.

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:roflcrying:

are you even drawing yet Thurston? 

:roflcrying:

sadly covid didn't kill enough of them... maybe we'll do better the next time.

did you miss the part where I'm not personally blaming you? 

guess not, oh well... spend it all!  

:lmao:

I knew you weren't, I was simply trying to explain to some that don't realise what happens when receiving SS.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

of course you did

have you taken more back than you contributed yet?  :dunno:

many have though... 

My dad and grandma did. 

Dad passed at 95 , grandma at 103

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's nothing personal directed towards you pal, but your generation did a damn fine job of making certain they got theirs and stopped caring about the future with them.  from business to politics... future generations will be riding the high hard one until death and beyond because of the boomers greed. 

as I see things ... 

How did they do that again?

Did they have the option to opt out?  If they did and invested themselves they would be much further ahead, just like with pensions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

You seem triggered.

You seem bitter.  Keep at it little fella, maybe someday you'll be able to afford a big boat and great lifestyle.

I've had a few and sold them.  No interest anymore. Projecting your bitterness on others is funny.

Stick to kayaks, its you.

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How did they do that again?

Did they have the option to opt out?  If they did and invested themselves they would be much further ahead, just like with pensions.

He never answers that, or how congress cracked the lockbox and dipped into it, how that congress includes multiple generations including his.  Or how it could be means tested.  He falls for the lamest bullshit in the D playbook.  Use it as a wedge issue, blame the gen before his.  No generation before his has ever done this.  Explain that to someone who's paid in for 50 years, or needs that money, how greedy they are, or that they stole it from some 30 or 40 something twat who probably paid into for less than half that time.

I've had a few and sold them.  No interest anymore. Projecting your bitterness on others is funny.

Good, who's cooler than you?  Now you can shut the fuck up.  You're dismissed.  

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

He never answers that, or how congress cracked the lockbox and dipped into it, how that congress includes multiple generations including his.  Or how it could be means tested.  He falls for the lamest bullshit in the D playbook.  Use it as a wedge issue, blame the gen before his.  No generation before his has ever done this.  Explain that to someone who's paid in for 50 years, or needs that money, how greedy they are, or that they stole it from some 30 or 40 something twat who probably paid into for less than half that time.

Alberta is now looking to take their share out of the Canada CPP and invest it themselves in an Alberta plan.  The problem is there share amounts to about 55% of the total CPP.  If this happens the CPP is fucked, in other words Alberta has been basically bankrolling the entire thing.

I say do it and let the chips fall where they may.  People need to see these are just ponzi scams.  Buts its the people taking out their pensions who are to blame.

21 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Good, who's cooler than you?  Now you can shut the fuck up.  You're dismissed.  

You should take your own advice.  Would keep you from looking like such a moron.

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

keep enjoying fucking every generation behind you, and by all means elect Trump or Biden... two other useless boomers. 

peace out you greedy fuckers... :)

so they should not get COLA?  

Boomers fucked SS for sure by not voting for people who would ensure the funding for it but thats continued since and was the case prior with my grandparents generation.  

Social security is a safety net that is not going to disappear

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Poor Deepfaggot.

Keep up with the Chef-Boy-R-D cooking.

that's an insult to Chef-Boy-R-D, his cooking pics look like something Farmers Dog is mixing up for dogs:guzzle:

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

of course you did

have you taken more back than you contributed yet?  :dunno:

many have though... 

I'd guess you're not an actuary.

9 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

that's an insult to Chef-Boy-R-D, his cooking pics look like something Farmers Dog is mixing up for dogs:guzzle:

I know.  Sorry.

My dogs eat better than him.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

so they should not get COLA?  

Boomers fucked SS for sure by not voting for people who would ensure the funding for it but thats continued since and was the case prior with my grandparents generation.  

Social security is a safety net that is not going to disappear

how old are you?  I'm supposed to 'retire' in 2035... 77% ?  

https://smartasset.com/retirement/social-security-cuts-by-2035-heres-how-to-prepare

great work boomers