Check your account email address ×

Cat F-series oil pump adjustment?

AK440

37 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Why do you think Cat came out with the H.O. a couple seasons later and ultimately went away from the 1000, too?  That was a bad "performance" sled in the 07-08 models, that was way overhyped coming off the Firecat success.  Oh, and have fun getting it unstuck if you're off trail :lol2:

Sounds like your saying I was a retard for buying an ‘07? I researched this oil pump adjustment using the “old Google machine” and it’s supposed to be solid. The user had something like 19,277 posts. 

12 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Sounds like your saying I was a retard for buying an ‘07? I researched this oil pump adjustment using the “old Google machine” and it’s supposed to be solid. The user had something like 19,277 posts. 

Another site you were banned from, I assume? :lol2:

The '07 is fine ... great trail sled for someone who wants to cruise in comfort, just don't expect it to be a 800-class performance sled.  Which is why I question it for you with your so called rough terrain and the lack of ... what do you call it? ...  "pussy trails" like us midwest guys have?  You get that thing stuck you'll be leaving it until Spring, but you're probably used to that being a Yamaha guy.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bontz said:

The '07 is fine ... great trail sled for someone who wants to cruise in comfort, just don't expect it to be a 800-class performance sled.  Which is why I question it for you with your so called rough terrain and the lack of ... what do you call it? ...  "pussy trails" like us midwest guys have?  You get that thing stuck you'll be leaving it until Spring, but you're probably used to that being a Yamaha guy.

Your pussy, bare dirt trails right now. :lol2:

This F-series was a top of the Cat line sled. If it wasn’t, why the fuck would anyone have bought one back then? You make it sound like a sled for geriatric old fucks with no skill. 

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Must suck to have such great snow and have to fix that to ride

I collect sleds, it’s not my main ride. 

• Gold Member

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

I collect sleds, it’s not my main ride. 

Yet you have never once posted your "main ride" 

Is it because its a junk Nytro

Was it a guy in New Hampshire that told you to remove the belly pan?  Name rhymes with Rick?

Leaning out the oil will not wake the sled up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

I'm pretty sure the twin spar won the hardest/longest/gayest race.  So, respect.

It was a good sled, very stable, easy handling and comfortable and handled well at least in later years, I never rode an 07/08 those were very high in the rear.  In 09 they reworked the chassis a little for better handling and then a little more in 10.

But anyway, iron dog.

7 hours ago, krom said:

No one who has ever worked on a twin spar sled would say to remove the bottom pan... 

And yes the lever will drop down when you unhook the rod. 

But again why are you adjusting it in the first place. 

I guess you could take the bottom off and get the same view of it you get from the top 

7 hours ago, krom said:

No one who has ever worked on a twin spar sled would say to remove the bottom pan... 

I guess you could take the bottom off and get the same view of it you get from the top 

7 hours ago, krom said:

5 hours ago, AK440 said:

When it’s a deal too good to pass up why not? You sound jealous. :news:

Jealous you have to ride a piece of shit I wouldn't have wanted to ride in 07?  Rofl.

4 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

I'd quit snowmobiling if that's the sled I had to ride.

No shit.  Fucking awful machine.

3 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Yet you have never once posted your "main ride" 

Is it because its a junk Nytro

This is his main ride.  Exactly why he is such a bitter sob.  Has lots of snow and a shit machine.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mnstang said:

Was it a guy in New Hampshire that told you to remove the belly pan?  Name rhymes with Rick?

Are you sure about hat

Leaning out the oil will not wake the sled up.

Are you sure about that? I have it on good authority that it will. 

17 hours ago, mnstang said:

I'm pretty sure the twin spar won the hardest/longest/gayest race.  So, respect.

It was a good sled, very stable, easy handling and comfortable and handled well at least in later years, I never rode an 07/08 those were very high in the rear.  In 09 they reworked the chassis a little for better handling and then a little more in 10.

But anyway, iron dog.

The race the Cataylist didn’t enter? That race? The race Cat knew would end in a DNF because their belt drive system wouldn’t hold up. Your talking about the Iron Dog right? The race where not a single Cat has been entered? But yeah, you bought a “race proven” sled there bud. :lol2::owned:

16 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Did 

You pass out last night

On your enter key? 

15 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Jealous you have to ride a piece of shit I wouldn't have wanted to ride in 07?  Rofl.

No shit.  Fucking awful machine.

This is his main ride.  Exactly why he is such a bitter sob.  Has lots of snow and a shit machine.

Going out riding today on your snowmobile? What’s that? You mumbled something about not have any snow. :lol2:

4 hours ago, SlugsOnSleds said:

This one too...

turd.jpg

Dipfuck, did I say I bought a Z1? 

21 hours ago, Bontz said:

It sounds like you know a lot about this sled. Have you been out riding on your pussy trails on your geriatric VR1? Wait, what? You trailed off there…. what’s that about you have no fucking snow? :lol2:

2 minutes ago, AK440 said:

It sounds like you know a lot about this sled. Have you been out riding on your pussy trails on your geriatric VR1? Wait, what? You trailed off there…. what’s that about you have no fucking snow? :lol2:

Comparing a VR1, or any current sled from Polaris or SkiDoo, as a geriatric sled compared to your new Barney Cat just shows us how much meth you really go through.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Comparing a VR1, or any current sled from Polaris or SkiDoo, as a geriatric sled compared to your new Barney Cat just shows us how much meth you really go through.

Derrrr, what kind of total fucking idiot thinks to pull their belly pan off to adjust the oil pump? How can anyone be that stupid AND then ask people about their moronic idea on a public forum. The forum you’re banned from now? Remember? 

You bought one of these “Barney Cats” brand fucking new! That was 16 years ago and you bought an old man’s sled. :lol2::fishing::owned::idiot:

1EA0EDE8-2F35-4AFF-9C8D-7FBFA6885FF1.png

C087CF22-0FCF-4E85-91E7-44045197EDD9.png

5F6BD037-095F-4E90-895C-9C7C63DE2C58.png

1 minute ago, AK440 said:

You bought one of these “Barney Cats” brand fucking new! That was 16 years ago and you bought an old man’s sled.

All that ownage, and you can't even use common math.  That sled was snowchecked in the spring of '06 and it was delivered the last week of December '06.  I'm not sure about Alaskan math, but December 2023 minus December 2006 equals 17 years ago.  I still give you credit for the ownage, but you're kinda losing all your momentum LOL

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

All that ownage, and you can't even use common math.  That sled was snowchecked in the spring of '06 and it was delivered the last week of December '06.  I'm not sure about Alaskan math, but December 2023 minus December 2006 equals 17 years ago.  I still give you credit for the ownage, but you're kinda losing all your momentum LOL

Derrrr, do I pull off the belly pan to add injector oil? :lol2:

Keep digging and reaching dipshit. You’ve lost ALL credibility. Even your buddies were saying only an idiot would think to do as you suggested. I happy to help you start off your first day of the year looking like a complete dipshit. :lol::lmao::idiot:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

Derrrr, what kind of total fucking idiot thinks to pull their belly pan off to adjust the oil pump? How can anyone be that stupid AND then ask people about their moronic idea on a public forum. The forum you’re banned from now? Remember? 

You bought one of these “Barney Cats” brand fucking new! That was 16 years ago and you bought an old man’s sled. :lol2::fishing::owned::idiot:

1EA0EDE8-2F35-4AFF-9C8D-7FBFA6885FF1.png

C087CF22-0FCF-4E85-91E7-44045197EDD9.png

5F6BD037-095F-4E90-895C-9C7C63DE2C58.png

Congrats for being at Bontz' level in 2007.

• Haha 2