Check your account email address ×

Joe’s Economy…

7 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

So is a Super Duty. Thats what the original comment was on. You brought half tons into the conversation.

Actually Snake started the truck talk on page 5 with f150 post...next post was mine.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Actually Snake started the truck talk on page 5 with f150 post...next post was mine.

Yes and then the convo changed to real trucks, heavy dutys, you kept interupting with half ton nonsense.

1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

Haha "real trucks" try being less gay BroDozer

If i was gay I'd own a Ram half ton with an SUV rear suspension. 

:bc:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
15 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Ram has fallen behind. 400hp 1000 torque

GM 475hp 975 torque

Ford 500hp 1200 torque

The 10sp trans in the Ford and GM is much better than the old 6 sp that Ram still runs.

Aisin trans in the Ram has helped.

Im no Ram Guy but I think the new Cummings HO has 420 and 1075. 

Still behind for sure but it is a 6 cyl. 

Also no Ford Guy but I think the 6.7 Powerstroke is probably the best engine out now diesel wise. 

Edited by EvilBird

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

If i was gay I'd own a Ram half ton with an SUV rear suspension. 

:bc:

You would BroDozer....but I only need a half ton and I bought the best one available. I don't vacation in a trailer park. The heaviest thing I tow is my 24' pontoon boat and it doesn't know it's there. 

1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

You would BroDozer....but I only need a half ton and I bought the best one available. I don't vacation in a trailer park. The heaviest thing I tow is my 24' pontoon boat and it doesn't know it's there. 

I dont vacation in a trailer park either. I use my RV mainly for off-grid. 

The best half ton available is a Tundra. Ram is a distant 4th in the half ton segment. 

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

The best half ton available is a Tundra. Ram is a distant 4th in the half ton segment. 

I bet its a major upgrade from the third world shitholes you go to.:lol:

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Im no Ram Guy but I think the new Cummings HO has 420 and 1075. 

Still behind for sure but it is a 6 cyl. 

Also no Ford Guy but I think the 6.7 Powerstroke is probably the best engine out now diesel wise. 

The perfect heavy duty imo would be a Ford with a Cummins and an Allison transmission. Depends what trans you get on the Ram its 370 850 with 68rfe. The HO has 420 now as you said. You need the Aisin trans for that motor. Trans have always been an issue for Rams as well as leaking axle and pinion seals. Ball joints go bad fast as well. Ive had all 3 brands. By far Ram had the most issues non motor related. Injectors were an issue on few of my earlier Duramax's. I wouldn't own a Ford before 2011. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Not in 19 when I bought it...

I keep my vehicles for years no way would I buy either the Ford or chevy time bombs that can't hold a converter.  My last truck was a Tundra. Unfortunately, the Tundra was very dated in 19 when I bought...it was the same truck as I had with BNG

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

The 8 speed in the Colorado is also a pile of shit and has its own class action.

That's the one I was thinking of. I've had 2 trucks with 3 of those POS transmissions. One was replaced with 2100 miles on it on my 2015.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

The hemi tick is the header leak...the earlier hemis did have a lifter issue. 

It’s the new ones too with the engine tick not the manifold 🤷‍♂️ anything with the 5.7 6.4

• 2014-2016 Chrysler 300
  • 2014-2016 Dodge Challenger
  • 2014-2016 Dodge Charger
  • 2014-2021 Dodge Durango
  • 2014-2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • 2014-2020 RAM 1500
  • 2014-2022 RAM 2500
  • 2014-2022 RAM 3500
Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

The 8 speed in the Colorado is also a pile of shit and has its own class action.

REEEEALLY  i didnt find that online before buying one last month..     so far ive only noticed a hard downshift rolling slowly from time to time.  and if i hammer for a few seconds then come off the gas quick, it doesnt continue up shifting fully, just holds that gear. 

Just now, old indy said:

REEEEALLY  i didnt find that online before buying one last month..     so far ive only noticed a hard downshift rolling slowly from time to time.  and if i hammer for a few seconds then come off the gas quick, it doesnt continue up shifting fully, just holds that gear. 

Did you get a v6 or the new 4turbo?

10 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Did you get a v6 or the new 4turbo?

Turbo 4      LT trim   with the advanced tow package.     im still tryna adjust to the way a 4banger turbo runs so its a little bit of a lerning curve i guess.

Edited by old indy

7 minutes ago, old indy said:

Turbo 4      LT trim   with the advanced tow package.     im still tryna adjust to the way a 4banger turbo runs so its a little bit of a lerning curve i guess.

It's a redesigned trans, hopefully it will be solid for you. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

It’s the new ones too with the engine tick not the manifold 🤷‍♂️ anything with the 5.7 6.4

• 2014-2016 Chrysler 300
  • 2014-2016 Dodge Challenger
  • 2014-2016 Dodge Charger
  • 2014-2021 Dodge Durango
  • 2014-2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • 2014-2020 RAM 1500
  • 2014-2022 RAM 2500
  • 2014-2022 RAM 3500

Man the 3500 megacab I used to use at work would knock like a Jehova's witness on cold starts. Low miles but guys drove the piss out of it.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Man the 3500 megacab I used to use at work would knock like a Jehova's witness on cold starts. Low miles but guys drove the piss out of it.

lol that saying cracks me up every time. It’s to bad cause they’re probably the best looking truck out imo but such poorly made junk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

The perfect heavy duty imo would be a Ford with a Cummins and an Allison transmission. Depends what trans you get on the Ram its 370 850 with 68rfe. The HO has 420 now as you said. You need the Aisin trans for that motor. Trans have always been an issue for Rams as well as leaking axle and pinion seals. Ball joints go bad fast as well. Ive had all 3 brands. By far Ram had the most issues non motor related. Injectors were an issue on few of my earlier Duramax's. I wouldn't own a Ford before 2011. 

no real allison trans anymore.  the ford and gm HD 10 speeds a joint trans with the allison brand tossed on it.   Cummins HO with the aisin could be the best combo at this point.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

no real allison trans anymore.  the ford and gm HD 10 speeds a joint trans with the allison brand tossed on it.   Cummins HO with the aisin could be the best combo at this point.  

True, but thats not what I said. I said i'd want an Allison transmission. Not the branded one. I should've clarified. An Allison trans is far superior than an Aisin imo. 

1 hour ago, HSR said:

I really liked my megacab. Wish they came in a long bed.

2 hours ago, old indy said:

I’ve got a 20 Silverado Custom with the 4 banger Turbski….I’m liking it so far.👊🏻

• Like 2