Check your account email address ×

Joe’s Economy…

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Tradesmen is the work truck...

Yes mine is a 19

Lots are full of half tons and heavy duties. If they didn't have a Cummins in the heavy duty trucks, Ram would've ceased to exist long ago. 

Edited by Steve753

41 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Lots are full of half tons and heavy duties. If they didn't have a Cummins in the heavy duty trucks, Ram would've ceased to exist long ago. 

The new gen5 ram is an excellent truck..selling 1/2 million units yearly. No trans issues like the 10 speed ford chevy joint venture.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

The new gen5 ram is an excellent truck..selling 1/2 million units yearly. No trans issues like the 10 speed ford chevy joint venture.  

Still way behind GM and Ford in total sales. 

49 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

it's a higher rated truck...most luxurious and best riding 1/2 ton on the market hands down. 

Well it has SUV coils in the rear so of course its an excellent mall crawler. Anytime I see a Ram towing a trailer they are squatting very badly, even with a weight distribution hitch.

By 2024 standards they are far behind the other 2 where luxury is concerned and interior is outdated.

:lol:

57 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

it's a higher rated truck...most luxurious and best riding 1/2 ton on the market hands down. 

He’s got a Ford, so everything else is junk according to him. Wasn’t Ram the leading seller for a couple years when they first introduced the new generation in 19?  If I was buying a new half ton, I would probably get a Toyota right now. If it was all about towing, Ford would probably be last on my list.  The heavy duty Fords I owned used to chew through front end parts and brakes like it was their job, when you use them for what they’re designed for.  

Just now, DriftBusta said:

He’s got a Ford, so everything else is junk according to him. Wasn’t Ram the leading seller for a couple years when they first introduced the new generation in 19?  If I was buying a new half ton, I would probably get a Toyota right now. If it was all about towing, Ford would probably be last on my list.  The heavy duty Fords I owned used to chew through front end parts and brakes like it was their job, when you use them for what they’re designed for.  

Actually I like GM better, but I drive whatever I get the best deal on.  

Rams are know for shitty front ends and poor transmissions, but a truck you had in 1996 is the standard all trucks should be based on!

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, MILFMAN said:

Luxury doesn't even come to mind when I think of a 1/2 ton truck.

I have had terrible luck with Dodge and GMC. I hope my Tundra treats me better. Only time will tell. The Tundra has been superb towing.

My coworkers tundra got the dreaded cam tower leak last year or at least he noticed it last year. They all got their issues. 

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

When I sent my 2006 f-350 down the road at 247k miles it still had stock

exhaust

alternator

water pump

tranny

I did the front end once. Aside from that it was brakes , tires, and batteries.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

When I sent my 2006 f-350 down the road at 247k miles it still had stock

exhaust

alternator

water pump

tranny

I did the front end once. Aside from that it was brakes , tires, and batteries.

Wow. Those 6.0 were very troublesome, so were the 6.4s. Good to hear you had a good one.

Just now, Steve753 said:

Wow. Those 6.0 were very troublesome, so were the 6.4s. Good to hear you had a good one.

06 was the yr they finaly got it right. Forgot thou, I also did injector seals and FICM

Funny thing is I didnt realize it untill I sold it. Diesel performance guys love that motor because it responds to mods like no other. 

The problems with them all where because they ran too hot. Part of bulletproofing them was getting them to run cooler. 

High flow water pumps, oversize hoses ect.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

06 was the yr they finaly got it right. Forgot thou, I also did injector seals and FICM

Funny thing is I didnt realize it untill I sold it. Diesel performance guys love that motor because it responds to mods like no other. 

The problems with them all where because they ran too hot. Part of bulletproofing them was getting them to run cooler. 

High flow water pumps, oversize hoses ect.

I've had 4 6.7s since 2011 and have yet to have any issues so far other than DEF related bullshit. I won't keep a diesel out of warranty anymore no matter the brand.

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Rams are know for shitty front ends and poor transmissions, but a truck you had in 1996 is the standard all trucks should be based on!

I owned 88-99 Fords in every flavor up to a 550, and that was my experience.  What makes you such an expert?. My Ram  is the first Mopar product I have ever owned, and it’s been a great truck, just cracked 50,000 miles on it.  Still on original brakes.  Rides relatively good and is still tight as a drum.  The 8 speed they put in that truck is awesome.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve753 said:

This may have been the case before they started putting in the zf 8spd transmissions in 2013.

15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

The 8 speed they put in that truck is awesome.

I've had two now with the 8spd and both have been great. 

• Like 2

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I owned 88-99 Fords in every flavor up to a 550, and that was my experience.  What makes you such an expert?. My Ram  is the first Mopar product I have ever owned, and it’s been a great truck, just cracked 50,000 miles on it.  Still on original brakes.  Rides relatively good and is still tight as a drum.  The 8 speed they put in that truck is awesome.  

99s qualify as antiques now in NH 😂. front coil springs didn’t even come out on super duties until what 05. Alumaduty is a completely different truck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

I've had 4 6.7s since 2011 and have yet to have any issues so far other than DEF related bullshit. I won't keep a diesel out of warranty anymore no matter the brand.

Thing is , for $65,000 you should be able to run to 250k. Hell Ive had 4.6 f-150 that went that much. For what we do for work they are so dirty I have to keep em. No one else would want them.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, akvanden said:

This may have been the case before they started putting in the zf 8spd transmissions in 2013.

I've had two now with the 8spd and both have been great. 

They dont have an 8 speed with a deisel that I know of yet. I only buy deisels.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I didn't say I was an expert, but you having not owned a heavy duty Ford newer than a 1999, makes me more of one than you.

Your Ram should ride good. It has coils like a half ton Ram. People towing any kind of weight go up to a 3500 which has leafs and likely have a deisel and a 6 speed trans.

Edited by Steve753

33 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Thing is , for $65,000 you should be able to run to 250k. Hell Ive had 4.6 f-150 that went that much. For what we do for work they are so dirty I have to keep em. No one else would want them.

Oh they should get alot more than 250k. Pollution control is killing them. Still alot more power than earlier deisels though that didn't have any.

56 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

99s qualify as antiques now in NH 😂. front coil springs didn’t even come out on super duties until what 05. Alumaduty is a completely different truck.

They sure have come a long way. I was running a tuner on my Dodges and Chevs years ago to have the power my Ford has stock now. Only difference is the transmissions can handle the power now. Allison's were good but had a hard time learning tunes. You had to run a standard or a billet aftermarket auto trans to not have issues with a Dodge.

• Like 1