Check your account email address ×

Joe’s Economy…

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

They sure have come a long way. I was running a tuner on my Dodges and Chevs years ago to have the power my Ford has stock now. Only difference is the transmissions can handle the power now. Allison's were good but had a hard time learning tunes. You had to run a standard or a billet aftermarket auto trans to not have issues with a Dodge.

The 6.7 puts out some impressive hp & torque but to be fair the other brands diesel options are pretty impressive also. 2nd and 3rd gen rams had horrible transmissions I had a 99 that blew a trans lol. I’d be begging for a ford eating front end parts if I worked one of those toilets back then. They have gotten much better since those years though.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

The 6.7 puts out some impressive hp & torque but to be fair the other brands diesel options are pretty impressive also. 2nd and 3rd gen rams had horrible transmissions I had a 99 that blew a trans lol. I’d be begging for a ford eating front end parts if I worked one of those toilets back then. They have gotten much better since those years though.

Ram has fallen behind. 400hp 1000 torque

GM 475hp 975 torque

Ford 500hp 1200 torque

The 10sp trans in the Ford and GM is much better than the old 6 sp that Ram still runs.

Aisin trans in the Ram has helped.

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

99s qualify as antiques now in NH 😂. front coil springs didn’t even come out on super duties until what 05. Alumaduty is a completely different truck.

Hey I'm going by what my buddies who still own them are telling me.  Nothing has changed is my point.  For what they cost, they should be bulletproof.  Oh, and Steves t-r-i-g-g-e-r-e-d.  :lol: 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Hey I'm going by what my buddies who still own them are telling me.  Nothing has changed is my point.  For what they cost, they should be bulletproof.  Oh, and Steves t-r-i-g-g-e-r-e-d.  :lol: 

What problems are your buddies experiencing?

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

What problems are your buddies experiencing?

Front ends rattling apart most notably. What kind of DEF problems have you experienced, and how many times have your trucks needed to be flatbedded?

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Front ends rattling apart most notably. What kind of DEF problems have you experienced, and how many times have your trucks needed to be flatbedded?

Early Alumnaduties had death wobble. No where near as bad as it was for Dodges. As far as DEF issues it was always regarding faulty sensors in the tank. I got my 21 towed once when it went into 5 mph limp mode. Had it back next day. It was a simple TSB.

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I owned 88-99 Fords in every flavor up to a 550, and that was my experience.  What makes you such an expert?. My Ram  is the first Mopar product I have ever owned, and it’s been a great truck, just cracked 50,000 miles on it.  Still on original brakes.  Rides relatively good and is still tight as a drum.  The 8 speed they put in that truck is awesome.  

I just did brakes and rotors 109k .... fucking outstanding. 

6 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I just did brakes and rotors 109k .... fucking outstanding. 

Not bad. I haven’t had to do brakes on a pick up in a few years. Last time I did them was on my 2012 Ram at almost 200k. Having an exhaust brake really saves your brakes.

11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

my 15 f 250 I had to do 1 tie rod end last spring, at 119,000 . Rest of front end is still stock.

8 hours ago, krom said:

So correcting for your constant lies means 5'2 250... 

19 hours ago, SkisNH said:

it's a higher rated truck...most luxurious and best riding 1/2 ton on the market hands down. 

And biggest pos.  Lipstick on a pig.

23 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Well the class action suit against the chevy/ford 10 speed says otherwise.  

That only says something about the transmission.  The rest of the truck is where the problems lie.  Long term there is no way I'd own a Stellantis anything.

21 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Well the class action suit against the chevy/ford 10 speed says otherwise.  

:lol:

http://www.ramproblems.com/lawsuits/#:~:text=A Ram 1500 EGR cooler,the trucks up in flames.

11 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Early Alumnaduties had death wobble. No where near as bad as it was for Dodges. As far as DEF issues it was always regarding faulty sensors in the tank. I got my 21 towed once when it went into 5 mph limp mode. Had it back next day. It was a simple TSB.

So do you think 2023-24 6.7 ford diesel is better than say 2008 6.4L diesel ? For someone who’s afraid of giving it a try :bc: 

3 minutes ago, Intel5960X said:

So do you think 2023-24 6.7 ford diesel is better than say 2008 6.4L diesel ? For someone who’s afraid of giving it a try :bc: 

If you're not mechanically inclined i'd stay away from a 6.4 personally. At least with 23-24 you have warranty. So yes I'd say the 6.7 is better.

21 minutes ago, soeaster said:

Isn't that on the 8-speed and not the 10?

No its on the 10 Ford f150 is the 10R80 and GMs half ton is the 10L80.

Different 10sp trans in the heavy duty trucks.

Edited by Steve753

1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

It's the gen 4 with the eco diesel...different truck entirely. 

So is a Super Duty. Thats what the original comment was on. You brought half tons into the conversation.