Check your account email address ×

Axys vs. Matryx

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 11/15/2023 at 12:35 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thinking hard….IMG_4038.thumb.png.e502e0daa22f5cec26656670d6cc5d62.pngIMG_4039.thumb.png.4577ff00473cd149332626354ee9dd67.png

I have this sled . Cept mine is black on black Best sled I have ever owned and that is a good price for it. I would do this one over the other one you posted. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I have this sled . Cept mine is black on black Best sled I have ever owned and that is a good price for it. I would do this one over the other one you posted. 

I also found a fairly low mile 2021 VR1 with the 7S and  a year of warranty for 11,000…🤔

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I also found a fairly low mile 2021 VR1 with the 7S and  a year of warranty for 11,000…🤔

I take it it's this one.  One thing to check is if the clutch side jacksaft bearing mount was updated.

In 2021 they were as cast and in 2022 and newer Polaris went with a machined surface for the bearing mount.

Screenshot_20231207_074802_Facebook.jpg

43 minutes ago, Doug said:

I take it it's this one.  One thing to check is if the clutch side jacksaft bearing mount was updated.

In 2021 they were as cast and in 2022 and newer Polaris went with a machined surface for the bearing mount.

That’s the one and good call on the bearing…will ask him.👊🏻

The XCR is pretty damn nice.🤔

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 8:52 AM, Doug said:

One of my major beefs with Polaris, the last 2 I owned needed a complete skid rebuild after 2000 miles.  That shouldn't happen for what these things cost these days.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

One of my major beefs with Polaris, the last 2 I owned needed a complete skid rebuild after 2000 miles.  That shouldn't happen for what these things cost these days.

Hear what your saying for what sleds cost now. My 2021 VR1 had 6500 miles on with the late delivery of the 2022 sleds.

On the 2021 replaced wheel bearings and by choice rebuilt the shocks but other than that all good.  Still had the original slides on.  What did you have to replace on yours?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Doug said:

Hear what your saying for what sleds cost now. My 2021 VR1 had 6500 miles on with the late delivery of the 2022 sleds.

On the 2021 replaced wheel bearings and by choice rebuilt the shocks but other than that all good.  Still had the original slides on.  What did you have to replace on yours?

I started going through the skid, and realized more than half of them were sketchy.  At that point, I didn't trust any of the remaining good ones so I replaced all of them, axle bearing and all.  I sold it before the jackshaft bearing had a chance to go.  I loved how they worked though, my 17 Assault was a weapon.  Fast and would go most anywhere I needed to go on it.

• Like 1

It sucks they use cheap bearings, but if that is all it is a rather trivial fix.  I've always inspected and replaced them on any sled I've owned yearly.  My 22 is seemingly fine.  My 17 had them all done by around 4k.  Reminds me I am down to one spare bearing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

It sucks they use cheap bearings, but if that is all it is a rather trivial fix.  I've always inspected and replaced them on any sled I've owned yearly.  My 22 is seemingly fine.  My 17 had them all done by around 4k.  Reminds me I am down to one spare bearing.

Give your front IFS a good look.  I didn't even realize it until I was selling my '22 and had it on the lift.  Grab the spindle and ski and give it a good firm push/pull to see if there's any slop.  It wasn't terrible on mine, but it was noticeable enough that things could have been freshened up before another full season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

2021 and older sleds the bearings were rather lite on grease some hardly any.  2022 had more grease including the jackshaft and drive axle.  Still check them clean/regrease or replace as needed.

15 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Give your front IFS a good look.  I didn't even realize it until I was selling my '22 and had it on the lift.  Grab the spindle and ski and give it a good firm push/pull to see if there's any slop.  It wasn't terrible on mine, but it was noticeable enough that things could have been freshened up before another full season.

You can loosen the bolts (item 1) on the pivot shafts and slide the pivot shaft over to help tighten up the slop.

20220816_093044.jpg

Screenshot_20231209_073849_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Thanks.  Mine were tight.  Ran through it last spring after buying it.  Also put on my slp's :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Thanks.  Mine were tight.  Ran through it last spring after buying it.  Also put on my slp's :)

Are you sticking with that heavy sway bar??  I have a small one if you’re interested.

10 hours ago, Doug said:

2021 and older sleds the bearings were rather lite on grease some hardly any.  2022 had more grease including the jackshaft and drive axle.  Still check them clean/regrease or replace as needed.

You can loosen the bolts (item 1) on the pivot shafts and slide the pivot shaft over to help tighten up the slop.

20220816_093044.jpg

Screenshot_20231209_073849_Chrome.jpg

For what these things cost these days, you'd think they'd throw a couple more grease fittings on those pivot points.

my 21 xcr has 2900 miles on it. tomorrow i'm changing jackshaft and drive shaft bearings. if i don't they will have 4500 miles by march. that's asking for trouble. i have a new plastic deflector just in case but i doubt i'll need it. i do the shocks every year , i'll check the idlers and slides. i have a new belt, new primary spring every year, new carbides and i'm ready. all legal too.  hope i don't have to wait till january 28th this time

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

my 21 xcr has 2900 miles on it. tomorrow i'm changing jackshaft and drive shaft bearings. if i don't they will have 4500 miles by march. that's asking for trouble. i have a new plastic deflector just in case but i doubt i'll need it. i do the shocks every year , i'll check the idlers and slides. i have a new belt, new primary spring every year, new carbides and i'm ready. all legal too.  hope i don't have to wait till january 28th this time

@Mag6240put a plastic deflector on the inboard side of the drive shaft bearing that did a nice job on keeping water out of the bearing.

43 minutes ago, Doug said:

@Mag6240put a plastic deflector on the inboard side of the drive shaft bearing that did a nice job on keeping water out of the bearing.

And put on 6000+ miles last season after it already had 5000 miles on it.  Keep those bearings greased and water/rust free and there is no reason you can’t go well beyond what @sleepybrew is concerned about.  4500 miles is nothing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Deephaven said:

If so, yes I would be interested in yours.  Lol.  I know this is deja vu but thought it was a Convo we had before I bought a sled.

Yes we did!  Hope the move goes well…

14 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

If you have a plastic deflector on hand,  center drill it out to 1 1/4” and push it over the shoulder before you press the bearing on.  Pop that seal, fill it with grease and you’ll never look at it again.

8E5AFAF2-986E-46A4-8B76-9E7B2BAD904A.jpeg

50D9A8DB-BC50-4B7E-9655-F5CEDF91A71C.jpeg

• Like 2