Check your account email address ×

Axys vs. Matryx

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

Nice of you to "Share" your deflector idea.  I'm sure he gave you credit 😂

There’s a “kid” in our club who works at Polaris - (he’s 30ish but we call him the Kid) and I told him if he wanted to get an idea into the engineers heads and be right for once, this one could be his idea.  Obviously hasn’t made its way to the development table yet…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

There’s a “kid” in our club who works at Polaris - (he’s 30ish but we call him the Kid) and I told him if he wanted to get an idea into the engineers heads and be right for once, this one could be his idea.  Obviously hasn’t made its way to the development table yet…

It's a great idea and seeing the grease of the bearing after a season shows it works.  Makes no sense to put a deflector on the jackshaft bearing but none on the drive shaft bearing where it's in a harsher environment.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Doug said:

It's a great idea and seeing the grease of the bearing after a season shows it works.  Makes no sense to put a deflector on the jackshaft bearing but none on the drive shaft bearing where it's in a harsher environment.

On the bold:  Funny you say that - someone with excellent knowledge over there on HCS said the exact opposite when I proposed the idea.  He never responded after I showed the results.

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

On the bold:  Funny you say that - someone with excellent knowledge over there on HCS said the exact opposite when I proposed the idea.  He never responded after I showed the results.

Would said person, be considered a "Patriotic Innovator"?  Or is it someone else? LOL

3 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

ExcursionPSD

Good guy but strictly by the book. 

When Polaris use to have their performance seminars he was in one of the sessions I was in.  He was driving the presenter nuts quoting the manual and the presenter was talking more real world.   

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Good guy but strictly by the book. 

When Polaris use to have their performance seminars he was in one of the sessions I was in.  He was driving the presenter nuts quoting the manual and the presenter was talking more real world.   

I remember him being pretty adamant about "This is referenced in post XYZ" with all of his service manual links.  Definitely a good guy, and one who always was trying to help ... but could give a feeling of rubbing people the wrong way.

The earlier post re: "someone with excellent knowledge" ... I couldn't help but think to myself, Phill.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I remember him being pretty adamant about "This is referenced in post XYZ" with all of his service manual links.  Definitely a good guy, and one who always was trying to help ... but could give a feeling of rubbing people the wrong way.

The earlier post re: "someone with excellent knowledge" ... I couldn't help but think to myself, Phill.

LOL.  Phil posted on the Polaris Boost forum "Cat loses another customer" and that's going down hill fast.  Will probably be locked down shortly.

My dealer has this 2020 Pro-S sled and it is nice.  Oil pump went out and new motor was put in.  Track looks great and studded also has hi/lo adjust shocks all the way around, mirrors and heated seat.  Listed for $8599.

But the sled has 8600 miles.

2020 Pro-S.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

My dealer has this 2020 Pro-S sled and it is nice.  Oil pump went out and new motor was put in.  Track looks great and studded also has hi/lo adjust shocks all the way around, mirrors and heated seat.  Listed for $8599.

But the sled has 8600 miles.

2020 Pro-S.jpg

That's not bad with a complete new motor from Polaris.  Especially with the Hi/Low shocks...