Check your account email address ×

Axys vs. Matryx

7 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

$10,500 with 2100 miles for an XCR 128?  That's a pretty decent deal.

Friend was looking for a Pro-S with reasonable low mileage between 3-4 thousand miles and was having a hard time finding one.  My dealer had just taken a 2018 Pro-S 800 on trade with 3400 miles so they worked out a deal.    

• Like 2

@Doug @Bontz @Deephaven

Can any of you confirm if your XCR'S have 9T drivers? 

Was just looking at the gearing on the 600 CC racer which runs 22/41 gearing which is steep A/F for a 10T drive but it shares the same drive setup as the other XCR'S in the parts breakdown.  Polaris doesn't show the drivers sold separately?  XCR gearing varies by track lug height.

Here’s my 2cents worth.

I switch back and forth between my pros850 and matryx xcr and find axys definitely needs more body movement to keep sled flat in corners.you sit a bit farther forward on matryx and makes sled corner flatter.matryx is just an easier sled to ride and especially ride fast without realizing the speed you are carrying and can make for some heavy braking!!I still love to ride pros as it rides like a Cadillac me is just a blast to ride.sit back and carry those skies over risers!!matryx is definitely not a warmer sled to ride!!hand warmers are great and love 7s

I will be keeping pros till I retire!

currently fixing up the 850 crank again but hopefully updates I’m doing will fix that!!funny motor didn’t fly out!motor mounts all shot!!

72118231496__00FD389E-E87B-4EF9-A955-3F6169E5DE9B.jpeg

72118251871__D83C4765-9497-4A39-B2CF-8914746F63EF.jpeg

Edited by X2700
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@Doug @Bontz @Deephaven

Can any of you confirm if your XCR'S have 9T drivers? 

Was just looking at the gearing on the 600 CC racer which runs 22/41 gearing which is steep A/F for a 10T drive but it shares the same drive setup as the other XCR'S in the parts breakdown.  Polaris doesn't show the drivers sold separately?  XCR gearing varies by track lug height.

Yes they are 9T.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, X2700 said:

currently fixing up the 850 crank again but hopefully updates I’m doing will fix that!!funny motor didn’t fly out!motor mounts all shot!!

How many miles on your 850?  I know how you ride, did you hit anything that may have broken them or were they just worn?

I never even looked at my mounts… thing was smooth as butter a few weeks ago testing in the hay field.

Edited by Mag6240

4 hours ago, X2700 said:

Here’s my 2cents worth.

I switch back and forth between my pros850 and matryx xcr and find axys definitely needs more body movement to keep sled flat in corners.you sit a bit farther forward on matryx and makes sled corner flatter.matryx is just an easier sled to ride and especially ride fast without realizing the speed you are carrying and can make for some heavy braking!!I still love to ride pros as it rides like a Cadillac me is just a blast to ride.sit back and carry those skies over risers!!matryx is definitely not a warmer sled to ride!!hand warmers are great and love 7s

I will be keeping pros till I retire!

72118231496__00FD389E-E87B-4EF9-A955-3F6169E5DE9B.jpeg

72118251871__D83C4765-9497-4A39-B2CF-8914746F63EF.jpeg

Is this a 2019 850 with crank issues?  

The piston in your hand doesn't look to bad.  The piston sitting in the case looks a little ugly.

2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

How many miles on your 850?  I know how you ride, did you hit anything that may have broken them or were they just worn?

I never even looked at my mounts… thing was smooth as butter a few weeks ago testing in the hay field.

Always mark the clutches with a sharpy to see how high the belt rides and if it's shifting out.  On the 800's could see where they weren't shifting out and the mounts were fatiguing out and flattening.  On the 850's haven't seen any issues with shifting out.  Curious on what @X2700 has with the mounts.

20220115_143857.jpg

• Like 2

Yep this is a 19 850.it was rebuilt by Polaris at 6500 miles.It had bad rod bearing at that time.everything top to bottom was replaced minus cases.which I pushed for but Polaris wouldn’t cover.

it now has 11k on it and developed a knock last season.mag side rod bad and it damaged that piston.I have cases and crank at indy specialty getting fixed up.

they are checking and doing mods to crankcase.does not look lean but oil issue on mag side which I’m sure was issue last time but dealers just throw them back together without wondering why?

far as motor mounts go they are all torn and couple are bad!!I probably should of kept closer eye on them!!she does get run hard and there was that one try I had to avoid hard but I’m sure that didn’t do it!!clutch rebalanced by indy this summer and parts are on order!!

can’t wait to get her back together and first ride with her!!!this motor after last rebuild was actually much smoother running than original motor!!

indy says these cranks have pretty soft pins!!if I get another 6k I’ll be a happy camper as it is my backup now!!

IMG_7753.jpeg

• Like 4

I should also say anybody that had any work done at dealer for tank recall or anything that involved digging in under hood take close look at all wiring and hoses etc!!I found several wires pinched hard!!bare wire showing in one!!fuel lines routed incorrectly and not fastened correctly!!I will also be pulling tank to check things closer and hopefully make installing air box easier!!hardest part pulling engine is damn air box!!!!

these would definitely would of became issue shortly!!!!!

Edited by X2700

6 minutes ago, X2700 said:

I should also say anybody that had any work done at dealer for tank recall or anything that involved digging in under hood take close look at all wiring and hoses etc!!I found several wires pinched hard!!bare wire showing in one!!fuel lines routed incorrectly and not fastened correctly!!I will also be pulling tank to check things closer and hopefully make installing air box easier!!hardest part pulling engine is damn air box!!!!

these would definitely would of became issue shortly!!!!!

Good catch.  As long as your that far may want to change the fuel sock.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Yep this is a 19 850.it was rebuilt by Polaris at 6500 miles.It had bad rod bearing at that time.everything top to bottom was replaced minus cases.which I pushed for but Polaris wouldn’t cover.

it now has 11k on it and developed a knock last season.mag side rod bad and it damaged that piston.I have cases and crank at indy specialty getting fixed up.

they are checking and doing mods to crankcase.does not look lean but oil issue on mag side which I’m sure was issue last time but dealers just throw them back together without wondering why?

far as motor mounts go they are all torn and couple are bad!!I probably should of kept closer eye on them!!she does get run hard and there was that one try I had to avoid hard but I’m sure that didn’t do it!!clutch rebalanced by indy this summer and parts are on order!!

can’t wait to get her back together and first ride with her!!!this motor after last rebuild was actually much smoother running than original motor!!

indy says these cranks have pretty soft pins!!if I get another 6k I’ll be a happy camper as it is my backup now!!

IMG_7753.jpeg

Carlton Peak?  Makes me think some time with a flashlight may be in order with my 2021.

• Like 1

Just now, Mag6240 said:

Carlton Peak?  Makes me think some time with a flashlight may be in order with my 2021.

Yep!!!

Solo ride one evening before rest of the crew made it up!

Couple mounts looked good until I pried on them a little and they opened right up.i had heard people had them go bad but never checked because i dint have any real troubles  with clutching?Im going to purchase alignment bar and get things straightened up since i have it out.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Yep!!!

Solo ride one evening before rest of the crew made it up!

Couple mounts looked good until I pried on them a little and they opened right up.i had heard people had them go bad but never checked because i dint have any real troubles  with clutching?Im going to purchase alignment bar and get things straightened up since i have it out.

This alignment bar works great but the shipping price sure went up since I bought mine

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192011122265?hash=item2cb4c13659:g:lo0AAOSwal5YEmvM&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4E6pG2XDeasrzorJvbVta8PyVCRyx%2FBkwNhJ0bJ6hm%2BIuXF7F3P5oxqaYlsxKtBGt7hhlZ1Oc8FDu0H%2F9mXwKdD4Ky%2Fq1AIAEaTC%2BiFv89y5S2NQytKw2fX6KJuSPU0477Qc276YoNXuIze7oIeOs4xLBFCGyhs3SbITxBP4Vo0yCzFGGHJeLi48zHG%2BUs3%2F%2FbpzTq9gw6Xdj%2FCfUL1%2FBrggXXTUmE79Ohk590m2hotR0HUg8LkCxjon2ZqOb7FGkrJlPRN0HDzkP%2FviWBrRYugtSOUIBxdCd%2FDn2RluERqC|tkp%3ABk9SR4idi4f7Yg

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Jimmy my 22 XCR is sprung much to softly and the stock ski pushes in the freshly groomed. Other than that I love it. Can't compare it to any other Poo tho, it's my first one.

Oh yeah and the headlight SUCKS!!!

Edited by Kivalo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m still thinking about a Baler since I rarely venture offtrail anymore….Is the BMP Stage 1 Kit any good? I realize this is a first year 850 but she looks clean.

IMG_2182.thumb.png.38c5c8874155ef2983b7678a56129293.pngIMG_2183.thumb.png.23fc2bd906c94cac43c21e4af5ae0967.png

Unless I personally know the person who owned the sled and how it was ridden/maintained always stayed away from a sled with a kit put on.  Most seemed to be run rather hard.

As far as a 2019 unless the case and crank was updated (2020 and newer) to retain the PTO bearing I'd pass.  The original fix was green loctite on the bearing and clear the oiling ports.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Is there an aftermarket cure for the headlight?  I know the poo solution but since everyone thinks it sucks I assume there is also a more logical choice than the stock upgrade.

My nephew added the punch lights to his Assault Boost last year, and I will confirm - they work extremely well.  It's just bullshit that Polaris went backwards from the AXYS headlights setup to what they've done with the Matryx, and want to charge people $400 for the punch lights :wall:

49 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m still thinking about a Baler since I rarely venture offtrail anymore….Is the BMP Stage 1 Kit any good? I realize this is a first year 850 but she looks clean.

I know there are guys who swear by BMP products, but I can't say it loud enough ... stay away, STAY AWAY!!  Just not a fan based on personal experiences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, Doug said:

Unless I personally know the person who owned the sled and how it was ridden/maintained always stayed away from a sled with a kit put on.  Most seemed to be run rather hard.

As far as a 2019 unless the case and crank was updated (2020 and newer) to retain the PTO bearing I'd pass.  The original fix was green loctite on the bearing and clear the oiling ports.

14 minutes ago, Bontz said:

My nephew added the punch lights to his Assault Boost last year, and I will confirm - they work extremely well.  It's just bullshit that Polaris went backwards from the AXYS headlights setup to what they've done with the Matryx, and want to charge people $400 for the punch lights :wall:

I know there are guys who swear by BMP products, but I can't say it loud enough ... stay away, STAY AWAY!!  Just not a fan based on personal experiences.

I prefer to leave things stock for the most part and thanks for the input.👊🏻👌🏻

• Like 1

ran across this in my older pictures... still think an Axys with the lowered XC rough ice racing setup would make for an amusing smooth groomed trail weapon. 

Indy-ICE-e1542124888705.thumb.jpg.c8ecc53dc429761a592dbe3e6f6f9605.jpg 

scraping the belly... 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1