Check your account email address ×

Active Shooter in Maine

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

TBH I think you'll find out. Everytime one of these "incidents" happen public opinion on gun control gains strength. The friends and family of all the victims in these are calling for change, the longer they continue, the bigger the voice will become until pro gun owners will be the minority. The abuses of second amendment rights will be it's own undoing.

You can't continue to kill your own innocent people and not expect repercussions eventually.

I'm glad it's not an issue up here and the need to carry a sidearm isn't needed to feel safe.:bc:

never in my life have I felt the need to carry a firearm or have one readily accessible to feel safe... and I've been in nearly every corner of the country.  

do I have firearms?  sure. 

there's others that don't, and I know a few of em quite well. 

last night's tragedy could happen daily here in the US and nothing would change.  younger generations who've grown up doing active shooter drills their entire lives... they're the ones most likely to push for a change in the laws

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

My father in law probably has over a hundred. He collects older Savage and Winchester lever action rifles. They aren't there to make him feel safe. He has shotguns and pistols for that, lol.  For me I have mostly.22 caliber long guns because I used to enjoy long distance target shooting. I have a double barrel shotgun for protection. I have never been into pistols but I still have my mother's 38 special that she always had in her nightstand somewhere around here.

Youre missing the point. Do you keep your long guns on your kitchen counter just in case?

3 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

This is where anti gun people don't understand most gun owners. I have a number of guns and have people that I know have A LOT of firearms. I along with many have one or two for self defense period. The others for hunting and recreational shooting. Many gun owners have firearms that have historical value or dollar value that are never taken out of a case or safe. No different than coins or stamps etc. Some guns are pieces of art that you wouldn't shoot. I know of no one who would use their firearm against a human in anything other than a self defense situation

Someone probably said the same thing about Robert Card.

Just now, Steve753 said:

Youre missing the point. Do you keep your long guns on your kitchen counter just in case?

No,  I have a 12 gauge beside the bed. I personally don't carry, but I have no issue with law abiding citizens that chooses to do so. Obviously criminals aren't going to follow the laws anyway.

Like I said earlier, I don't know what the answer is. I just don't see many Americans giving up their guns without a fight.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Someone probably said the same thing about Robert Card.

Yes, but there are laws in place that could have helped stop Card. They weren't acted upon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

So what if someone does? Is that any of your business

Nope!

• Like 1

Just now, ckf said:

No,  I have a 12 gauge beside the bed. I personally don't carry, but I have no issue with law abiding citizens that chooses to do so. Obviously criminals aren't going to follow the laws anyway.

Like I said earlier, I don't know what the answer is. I just don't see many Americans giving up their guns without a fight.

Id say maybe slightly more than a quarter of the country would have that attitude. Times are changing fast.

Just now, ckf said:

Yes, but there are laws in place that could have helped stop Card. They weren't acted upon.

See that's the problem, we don't enforce the laws we already have then want to make more. The only 1 this affects is the law abiding citizen. The crazies and criminals don't care about the law. It's already illegal to murder someone and that has 0 impact on these types of people

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Get rid of the gun and theres no need for any of that. Again it works in other countries. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Get rid of the gun and theres no need for any of that. Again it works in other countries. 

How the fuck are you going to get rid of the guns Sthevie the expert? 

image.gif.839f6b5d55679bdc0e3fbf5fa0c3b8fa.gif

20 minutes ago, HSR said:

You've stated before that you feel safer going for a jug of milk with a gun in the glove box :dunno:

I've also never heard of you saying you spent a day "playing at the range with the boys" ??? Not even in the dinner thread :ashamed:

Go back and find that post please - thank you.

18 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Thats a weak argument.  Do enthusiasts carry a side arm just to show off their gun?

Nice goal post move, internet hero.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

How the fuck are you going to get rid of the guns Sthevie the expert? 

image.gif.839f6b5d55679bdc0e3fbf5fa0c3b8fa.gif

Do you think that ANY action is warranted at all or just continue with the status quo?

No big deal???

• Gold Member
Just now, HSR said:

Do you think that ANY action is warranted at all or just continue with the status quo?

No big deal???

Id like the laws on the books used and mental health taken more seriously for starters . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Id say maybe slightly more than a quarter of the country would have that attitude. Times are changing fast.

C’mon man - young people shouldn’t expect  the price of freedom to be active shooter drills in school….  

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Guns have been plentiful in the USA for a long time. Something in the last 25 - 30 years has changed in regards to mass shootings. You have to be mentally ill and evil to kill another human being regardless of the means. You refuse to see the real problem.

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

C’mon man - young people shouldn’t expect  the price of freedom to be active shooter drills in school….  

Pretty fucking sad when a kid has to worry about that kind of bullshit. But here we are. 

Just now, snoughnut said:

Guns have been plentiful in the USA for a long time. Something in the last 25 - 30 years has changed in regards to mass shootings. You have to be mentally ill and evil to kill another human being regardless of the means. You refuse to see the real problem.

No you refuse to see the real problem and all you have for debating it is silly excuses.

On 7/10/2023 at 2:26 PM, Bontz said:

, it's living in fear by anyone who has a permit to carry their gun (but only keeps it in their vehicle).  Good thing some people stay in Canada, I guess.

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Go back and find that post please - thank you.

Here ya go bud :bc: If there is anything else I can assist you with, don't be scared to ask, it's why I'm here:thumbsup:

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

No you refuse to see the real problem and all you have for debating it is silly excuses.

Steve how are you going to remove all the guns from the Country. Seriously explain to me. Do you realize we have more Guns than People? 

Edited by EvilBird

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I think the real issue is nobody can agree on what the actual problem is. That would be step number one. Until that step is made there will be no solutions. It will continue to be the same old finger pointing for another 25-30 years. It's always some else's fault.