Check your account email address ×

Active Shooter in Maine

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes and in 1791 we had no phones, smart phones, computers and what not yet those founding father hacks amazingly wrote the 4th to protect them from illegal searches.  

Do you think this is what they anticipated happening when they wrote that or do you think it's been taken advantage of.

Do you think America should be selling arms to other countries to fund further weapon development? Are you not flooding the world with the means to fight, even if it may be against you?

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

:lol:

Youre trying way to hard and looking foolish. Do you even know what an illegal search is?

I'm spot on with that.   You're just trying to look like a jackass.....and its working.  Congrats. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Do you think this is what they anticipated happening when they wrote that or do you think it's been taken advantage of.

Do you think America should be selling arms to other countries to fund further weapon development? Are you not flooding the world with the means to fight, even if it may be against you?

Well I think they just fought a war against an oppressive former govt so I think your question is quite foolish.  I would think they would think the citizens always be able to defend themselves against tyranny.  Don't you?

I think we have allies and I think they should have the right to purchase arms to defend themselves.   While I lean towards isolationism when it comes to conflict its not without common sense. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Guess Coast Guard says his Bayliner boat is missing ....his car was found near launch ramp last night 

Edit breaking news update 

Note was found at suspected shooter home. 

sounds as though they've got a real life Rambo on their hands... :(

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm spot on with that.   You're just trying to look like a jackass.....and its working.  Congrats. 

Whatever you say Mr. id rather see 3 plus mass shootings a year than do something about it.

:bc:

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Whatever you say Mr. id rather see 3 plus mass shootings a year than do something about it.

:bc:

I'm gladly willing to listen to ideas to prevent them as long as they don't infringe on peoples constitutional rights.   :bc:

Alcohol related vehicle deaths are a issue in this country....should every vehicle including snowmobiles have intoxalock ignition device?  

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

In 1791 when the second amendment was written this was what “arms” were.

Muskets Were Common

In 1791, common guns included muskets and flintlock pistols.

According to the Washington Post, a "typical Revolutionary-era musket" had a one-round magazine capacity, and could fire around three effective rounds per minute - in the hands of the most skilled wielder. Its maximum accuracy range had to be within 50 meters. That’s 50 yards.

IMG_1796.jpeg

The musket was that time periods ar 15

• Haha 1

Just now, Highmark said:

I'm gladly willing to listen to ideas to prevent them as long as they don't infringe on peoples constitutional rights.   :bc:

No you're not. If you were you'd agree some of the constitution is outdated.

7 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

No you're not. If you were you'd agree some of the constitution is outdated.

Oh I see I must agree with you.  :lol:  

I don't think the 2nd is outdated and if anything we have lost rights it involves that we should still have.

BTW...I support some things that have been found to be constitutional when it comes to the 2nd.   Like background checks...like felons losing their right to own guns.  Hell I would accept all private sales should go thru a ffl.   I don't think the govt should know who has firearms and what they are.  I think citizens should be able to own anything fed or local LE can.   

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Oh I see I must agree with you.  :lol:  

I don't think the 2nd is outdated and if anything we have lost rights it involves that we should still have.

More than half the country disagrees with you. It will be changed eventually.

Like I said times are changing, its not the wild west anymore and hasnt been for a long time.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Alcohol related vehicle deaths are a issue in this country....should every vehicle including snowmobiles have intoxalock ignition device?  

Do kids have a constitutional right to attend school without being slaughtered?  Where does the constitution grant someone the right to carry an automatic weapon with a high capacity magazine?  Define ‘well-regulated’?  

Common sense should prevail as comprehensive back ground checks, close loopholes, waiting period, mental health considerations, limited magazine capacity, bans/limits on certain assault rifles, etc.  Your rights end when little Johny and Sally are slaughtered on the school floor.  

Gun zealots need to realize they will lose more in the future if they don’t get on board with common sense reforms.  Along the lines of sledders losing trails because they can’t follow rules.

The NRA is bleeding money and membership.  As they are weakened - young people speak up - common sense gun laws will be implemented.   

• Like 1

Just now, Steve753 said:

Like I said times are changing, its not the wild west anymore and hasnt been for a long time.

You and I will be long gone before it changes dude. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve753 said:

Not in our lifetime 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

You and I will be long gone before it changes dude. 

Just now, Bontz said:

Not in our lifetime 

I never thought trannies and queers would be seen as normal in my lifetime. Yet here we are.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

No its the Wild Wild West on steroids in certain parts of the country Steve.

Times are changing. I sure hope that stun Gun protects you if someone gets in your house with a real Gun. 

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Do kids have a constitutional right to attend school without being slaughtered?  Where does the constitution grant someone the right to carry an automatic weapon with a high capacity magazine?  Define ‘well-regulated’?  

Common sense should prevail as comprehensive back ground checks, close loopholes, waiting period, mental health considerations, limited magazine capacity, bans/limits on certain assault rifles, etc.  Your rights end when little Johny and Sally are slaughtered on the school floor.  

Gun zealots need to realize they will lose more in the future if they don’t get on board with common sense reforms.  Along the lines of sledders losing trails because they can’t follow rules.

The NRA is bleeding money and membership.  As they are weakened - young people speak up - common sense gun laws will be implemented.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4zE0K22zH8&t=10s

Just now, EvilBird said:

No its the Wild Wild West on steroids in certain parts of the country Steve.

Times are changing. I sure hope that stun Gun protects you if someone gets in your house with a real Gun. 

:lol:

Dumb. But not surprised!

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You lost me at Automatic weapons.

Clearly you know nothing about the Laws or Guns  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

No...it won't. Ot would require an ammendment to the constitution.  Won't happen. 

• Like 1