Check your account email address ×

Lynx in North America

See lots of them on the trails around here now.  It's the best motor, best shock package, and best rear suspension in the biz.  I wouldn't say it rails the corners on smooth trails like my 129 Procross but it doesn't steer like a freight train either.  I'd like to ride it back to back with a Renegade XRS some time.

image.thumb.png.bd154e99fb60d2201fe0b7b1b1c4b830.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

in before anyone says the outsold ac last year

That is exactly what I was going to post! 

The only place I’ve seen any Lynx sleds in the wild is at events where the dealer puts one on display. I don’t know anyone who actually bought one.

21 minutes ago, AK440 said:

The only place I’ve seen any Lynx sleds in the wild is at events where the dealer puts one on display. I don’t know anyone who actually bought one.

I don't know personally anyone that bought one. I did see a few on the trail last winter though.

The reason I said rhetorically if anyone had seen the actual numbers is because seeing one or knowing someone that bought one would be highly subjective and would not indicate whether or not Lynx was a "success" in North America.  I suspect they sold quite a few more units than anyone realizes. 

Just like, when you buy a vehicle brand and model that you've never owned before, you suddenly begin to see them everywhere - when, prior to ownership, you hadn't seen any.  They were there all along (unless we really are living in a simulation).  Without knowing how many units, whether Lynx was profitable, and if they made their sales goals, we have no idea whether their venture was successful.  Add to that how subjective our observations would be, we're not only guessing but almost certainly guaranteed to guess wrong.

As for the comparison of auto brands, I would propose that Cat is more like Chrysler rather than an exotic.  Chrysler isn't even Chrysler any more, now that they're owned by Fiat, and their sales numbers aren't even in the same league as Ford and GM.  Lynx would be more like Volvo, I would think.

23 hours ago, AK440 said:

Broke ass Alaskans need not apply. Keep running your tundras and jags.

On 10/12/2023 at 4:04 PM, Sled_Hed said:

I don't know personally anyone that bought one. I did see a few on the trail last winter though.

I have more friends that ride Lynx than Cat.  Amusingly a lot of them used to be part of the Cat crew 

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

3 friends with Lynx, 2 engines replaced under warranty.  

Friend sent me pics of an 850 on the rope in old forge, same deal.  Dealer up there is one of the largest in the world for doo (400 sleds a year till the rona shortage)  they keep plenty of engines in stock, cranks, pistons, and cylinders in stock

8 hours ago, AK440 said:

I wasn’t going to quote my own post dipfuck. 

When you pull up to the dealer in your high school chick level Corolla does the staff ask you if your are lost? 

They know me. If I'm looking at something they know I've got the cash to buy it.

I've got a Ram in the garage. I use it when I need a truck.

Oh.... you're one of those assholes that think what you drive defines you, a status symbol?

I don't give 2 craps about that stuff.

• Like 1