Check your account email address ×

Lynx in North America

19 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Does it matter how many they sell?  They are right up there with arctic cat status of being like a Bugatti or McLaren so I don't think sale numbers really matter to them🤣🤣 

to BRP it probably does...

just don't hear much about them since the introduction here.  went on the Google this morning to see if they announced their 2024 race sleds yet but didn't see anything.  I thought their 600 Enduro (XC) sled was pretty cool in the past. 

lynx-my23-rave-enduro-600r-e-tec-viper-r

lynx-my23-rave-rs-studio-34frt-16x9-sdw-

https://www.brp-world.com/int/en/brands/lynx/models/sport/rave.html

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

3 hours ago, AK440 said:

They don’t race’em in the Iron Dog so they are shit to me.  

of course they are... but it'd be interesting to see how their PPS suspension would do racing on mud/dirt/grass/sea water compared to snow as they have run them in real world snowmobile conditions at Cain's Quest.

2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I almost got the xterrain re turbo but opted for the renegade XRS.

BRP guy I've come to know basically said 'the XRS owners already complain about how stiff they are, and would absolutely hate the Lynx, which is why no one ordered one last year'

he loves the Lynx demo he had, but he's not a puss.  

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

BRP guy I've come to know basically said 'the XRS owners already complain about how stiff they are, and would absolutely hate the Lynx, which is why no one ordered one last year'

he loves the Lynx demo he had, but he's not a puss.  

Exactly. I think I will like the XRS.

20 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

of course they are... but it'd be interesting to see how their PPS suspension would do racing on mud/dirt/grass/sea water compared to snow as they have run them in real world snowmobile conditions at Cain's Quest.

I’d like to see how the Lynx would do in a real race like the Iron Dog. But the PPS skid has too many linkage parts that make it unreliable for long distance XC racing. It’s best suited for the average COR race in a smooth ditch next to a cornfield. 

4 minutes ago, AK440 said:

I’d like to see how the Lynx would do in a real race like the Iron Dog. But the PPS skid has too many linkage parts that make it unreliable for long distance XC racing. It’s best suited for the average COR race in a smooth ditch next to a cornfield. 

they race the PPS in Europe, have for some time now.  they also don't have groomed trails over there... 

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

they race the PPS in Europe, have for some time now.  they also don't have groomed trails over there... 

Their fields are way smaller over there too. That makes the courses like 6km long. 

47 minutes ago, AK440 said:

If Lynx sleds were any good BRP would sponsor people to race them in the Iron Dog. They don’t therefore they suck. 

they don't sell the 600 Enduro model in the US, or any 600's for that matter.   plus, they also realize Alaskan's are too poor and uneducated to afford one... so SkiDoo it is. 

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

they don't sell the 600 Enduro model in the US, or any 600's for that matter.   plus, they also realize Alaskan's are too poor and uneducated to afford one... so SkiDoo it is. 

:thumbsup:

The know Alaskan iron doggers would break the weak ass skid and make the brand look bad. Lynx would match Cat in DNF’s.