Check your account email address ×

So what happened here

Doug

5 minutes ago, toslow said:

Suspension was terrible at the end of the day 

Understood.

But first thing out in the morning during the week brings some smoooooth riding . Nothing like going 110 down the railbed at 9 am to go pick up the trail system lol.

Coming back was different story.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, toslow said:

Suspension was terrible at the end of the day 

I had a 98 with the Ohlins package and never could get it to ride good.  2 years later I bought an 00 with the improved motor, lights, handwarmers etc., with the stock suspension and I actually liked that better.  But nothing like a modern sled.  They look so low to the ground in comparison.  A buddy of mine who used to ride bought and SXr and just let it sit for 10 years in his shed.  Finally he asked me if I just wanted it for free.  I had to go through it, replace reeds, intake boots etc., but got it running mint again.  Still with no electric start or reverse, I got spoiled, and ended up selling it.  It was a great sled  for knocking around the farm fields at home, while my main sled stayed north.  Had one of these 80 gold tunnels too back in the day (not mine in the pic), but just like that.

327326621_474383428236622_777567201589768224_n.jpg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Understood.

But first thing out in the morning during the week brings some smoooooth riding . Nothing like going 110 down the railbed at 9 am to go pick up the trail system lol.

Coming back was different story.

Found this pic of a trip to Tug Hill back in 01 or 02.  A couple characters from Trail Conditions, Witchwey in the dark Carhart overalls, Catatonic in the middle blue jacket looking behind him, and myself in the blue Reima jacket.  Forget some of the other guys handles from back then.  Thinksnow came out from Chicago to ride with us.  Witchwey woke me up 4 in the morning to go grooming "wake and bake freaky!"  :lol: 

1910627_1065440046234_990_n.jpg.df51df18e0d24cfe0ec174f64067d748.jpg

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I had a 98 with the Ohlins package and never could get it to ride good.  2 years later I bought an 00 with the improved motor, lights, handwarmers etc., with the stock suspension and I actually liked that better.  But nothing like a modern sled.  They look so low to the ground in comparison.  A buddy of mine who used to ride bought and SXr and just let it sit for 10 years in his shed.  Finally he asked me if I just wanted it for free.  I had to go through it, replace reeds, intake boots etc., but got it running mint again.  Still with no electric start or reverse, I got spoiled, and ended up selling it.  It was a great sled  for knocking around the farm fields at home, while my main sled stayed north.  Had one of these 80 gold tunnels too back in the day (not mine in the pic), but just like that.

327326621_474383428236622_777567201589768224_n.jpg

I had one too!  Loved that sled.  Bent it half out on the ice.  Hit a ice swell at full out.  My buddy still talks about it. :lol:you must of been 20 feet in the air!!! 

Screwed myself up good. Still feeling the effects of that crash. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Those triples were horrible on anything but smooth groomed trails. Took a three day saddle bag trip on one that started out in Wawa and went north. One of the most memorable trips for me. 

• Like 1

used to be ya don't discuss religion or politics... replace COVID with religion and here we are with this mb since around the timeframe the awful HCS folks migrated over.  

imo, the big political division as someone else mentioned started around the Iraq war, got worse after Obama was elected along with phones, social media and message boards.  I can assure you any mb that has an ot forum as such is very similar.   Edit... the division has gotten far worse during Trump and Biden, along with the stolen election horse shit 

allow me to ask this... if this site didn't have the Current Events (aka Bitching and Complaining) Forum... how many of you would still come here?  

what I see as interesting is that the HCS GDF here is very similar to the way it was on HCS as none of the topics you'd see here ever appear there.  I also see HCS'ers posting on all the other sub forums but rarely if ever do you see snowmobile related content from the CE clowns outside of here.  

so, if @ckf closed up the CE how many of you would stay for snowmobile discussion and utilize the rest of the site? :news:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 2

• Gold Member

What I see putting all bs aside and just talking snowmobiles is it like cars.  You can't mod the new shit like you could the old shit.  You can't hardly even work on this new shit let alone try to tune it.  What is there to talk about ?  So that leaves the bs.  I just wish (like my tv thread) assholes wouldn't bring politics into everything.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, poopooforme said:

What I see putting all bs aside and just talking snowmobiles is it like cars.  You can't mod the new shit like you could the old shit.  You can't hardly even work on this new shit let alone try to tune it.  What is there to talk about ?  So that leaves the bs.  I just wish (like my tv thread) assholes wouldn't bring politics into everything.  

Politics gets into everything now-a-days. See it all over social media. “Don’t be a Democrat” blah blah. Just this morning I noticed that line was used for trail maintenance. A lot of these people can’t talk without throwing that in somehow. 

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

used to be ya don't discuss religion or politics... replace COVID with religion and here we are with this mb since around the timeframe the awful HCS folks migrated over.  

imo, the big political division as someone else mentioned started around the Iraq war, got worse after Obama was elected along with phones, social media and message boards.  I can assure you any mb that has an ot forum as such is very similar. 

allow me to ask this... if this site didn't have the Current Events (aka Bitching and Complaining) Forum... how many of you would still come here?  

what I see as interesting is that the HCS GDF here is very similar to the way it was on HCS as none of the topics you'd see here ever appear there.  I also see HCS'ers posting on all the other sub forums but rarely if ever do you see snowmobile related content from the CE clowns outside of here.  

so, if @ckf closed up the CE how many of you would stay for snowmobile discussion and utilize the rest of the site? :news:

Well this isn’t HCS but CE got shut down there only to be opened back up. Nobody wanted to babysit it for those breaking the rules. Here we don’t have those rules and self govern….sort of. :lol:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Those triples were horrible on anything but smooth groomed trails. Took a three day saddle bag trip on one that started out in Wawa and went north. One of the most memorable trips for me. 

I had a 96 Vmax XT 600 with the Proaction suspension. That thing would leave everything in the dust on less than stellar trails.

Lotsa smoke breaks by myself with that sled.

Had a 600 SX with the Ohlins package the next year. Basically one was a weekday sled and one was a weekend sled.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I had one too!  Loved that sled.  Bent it half out on the ice.  Hit a ice swell at full out.  My buddy still talks about it. :lol:you must of been 20 feet in the air!!! 

Screwed myself up good. Still feeling the effects of that crash. 

26 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Absolutely.  When we first started doing multi day saddlebag rides it was on those SRXs.  Up in Canada just holding it clamped for what seemed like miles.  There were times when I actually didn't think it was fast enough and was thinking about a Thundercat.  Riding for miles at 110 mph and its not fast enough lol.

25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

imo, the big political division as someone else mentioned started around the Iraq war, got worse after Obama was elected along with phones, social media and message boards.  I can assure you any mb that has an ot forum as such is very similar.   Edit... the division has gotten far worse during Trump and Biden, along with the stolen election horse shit 

At the end of the day, I'm still a hardcore snowmobile enthusiast, and enjoy the sled talk.  But politics has been very divisive and getting worse. I have complete disgust for Washington, the media and elitists in general.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

We are not a democracy, we are a constitutional republic.

Eh, not so much. We are all just kids playing in CKFs yard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HSR said:

Nice pity party. Winners don't start threads like this, just losers.

We should vote but the election would be rigged :lol:

It's 2020 all over again !!!!!

Great thread OP :roflcrying:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Please put all sled talk in the GSF as per the request by the OP.

Don't you guys listen? 

Things were so much friendlier on FS 1 :lol::lol::lol:

Whoosh!

"Its my forum now!"

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Eh, not so much. We are all just kids playing in CKFs yard. 

Perhaps he needs to clean up all the dog shit everyone keeps stepping in.. Multiple dogs make a mess quick 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Absolutely.  When we first started doing multi day saddlebag rides it was on those SRXs.  Up in Canada just holding it clamped for what seemed like miles.  There were times when I actually didn't think it was fast enough and was thinking about a Thundercat.  Riding for miles at 110 mph and its not fast enough lol.

At the end of the day, I'm still a hardcore snowmobile enthusiast, and enjoy the sled talk.  But politics has been very divisive and getting worse. I have complete disgust for Washington, the media and elitists in general.

Same here! :bc: Cruising at 90 one handed just watching the pristine scenery fly by.  Every once in a while pinch it up a few MPH. Cresting a small hill and going weightless for what seemed like a couple seconds. Only thing I worried about was tagging a moose or something but I guess at those speeds it wouldn’t matter 

• Like 1

Hey Op since your a FS history buff. What current active member was,,,

waist deep in the implosion of FS1

argued with the former owner with zero respect

Involved in the Great Fat Dave war

chased Jimmy around 2 sites for 10 years

bragged about running Jimmy from TBP

is the current rule breaking leader

has been given 2 recent vacations for not following guidelines or listening to warnings from the site owner.

Now don't worry if you don't know the answer.

The member is all these cases will be here to tell us why he was correct in all instances and was in FACT the victim every time.

And in 3,2,1

36 minutes ago, HSR said:

Nice pity party. Winners don't start threads like this, just losers.

We should vote but the election would be rigged :lol:

It's 2020 all over again !!!!!

Great thread OP :roflcrying:

Your first post in this thread and you came in like a cunt and kept the throttle buried. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2