Check your account email address ×

Man allegedly shoots, kills neighbor’s son for trimming trees over property line

spin_dry

• Platinum Contributing Member

This reminds me of an incident in Pennsylvania where neighbors got pissed at each because of where they were putting snow. 2 shot and dead and the shooter killed himself.

The devisive politics in this country is causing this kind of shit. When you have politicians making hate statements(towards the other side) and dividing people you get this. 

Probably shot his neighbor because he had a political sign in his yard that was different then his?  Seems like a good enough reason.. The trees and snow were the final trigger.. :suicide:

Not saying its not murder or manslaughter but why would keep approaching a old man with a gun pointed at you?  FFS walk away and handle it in a different way. 

Like Jocko Willnick said on Rogan.... in todays world retreat unless you absolutely don't have a choice.     

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

We have a almost epidemic of people shooting at each other on the freeways.  I don’t engage anyone anymore. It just isn’t that big of deal.  Nothing I want to die for or kill anyone over.  

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

We have an almost epidemic of people shooting at each other on the freeways.  I don’t engage anyone anymore. It just isn’t that big of deal.  Nothing I want to die for or kill anyone over.  

I continue to use the lessons learned years ago while riding motorcycle long distance through strange areas. Be seen but don’t be noticed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Not saying its not murder or manslaughter but why would keep approaching a old man with a gun pointed at you?  FFS walk away and handle it in a different way. 

Like Jocko Willnick said on Rogan.... in today’s world retreat unless you absolutely don't have a choice.     

I remember taking a concealed carry class years ago and thought it was dumb. That was until the instructor pointed out some of those important facts like what jocko discusses. Avoid conflict whenever possible. There is no shame in doing that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Like Jocko Willnick said on Rogan.... in todays world retreat unless you absolutely don't have a choice.     

Ego

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

We have a almost epidemic of people shooting at each other on the freeways.  I don’t engage anyone anymore. It just isn’t that big of deal.  Nothing I want to die for or kill anyone over.  

nope, just let it fucking go. Aint worth it.

22 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I remember taking a concealed carry class years ago and thought it was dumb. That was until the instructor pointed out some of those important facts like what jocko discusses. Avoid conflict whenever possible. There is no shame in doing that. 

definatly not

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

nope, just let it fucking go. Aint worth it.

Yup!  My wife likes to flip people off and lay on the horn.  I tell her, you don’t what kind of lunatic you’re dealing with.  Is it worth getting shot over ?  

28 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Yah,  our instructor kept stressing….I don’t care what the circumstances if you shoot someone you’re probably going to be arrested.  Unless Me or my family is in unavoidable danger I’m not shooting anyone.  I don’t need to be a hero. Not worth the risk. 

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yup!  My wife likes to flip people off and lay on the horn.  I tell her, you don’t what kind of lunatic you’re dealing with.  Is it worth getting shot over ?  

Yah,  our instructor kept stressing….I don’t care what the circumstances if you shoot someone you’re probably going to be arrested.  Unless Me or my family is in unavoidable danger I’m not shooting anyone.  I don’t need to be a hero. Not worth the risk. 

He left out the part where you will get sued.

• Thanks 1

I have a buddy who was on his way to work.   Has a big lifted truck.  A woman in front of him in a Ford Focus thought he had his brights on her. So she starts brake checking him. He flips brights to show her he is not. Well that just enrages her. He just blows by her and pulls into his business and she follows because she works right next door. Takes her little focus and starts plowing into the rear of his truck. Completely destroyed her car.  Gets out and starts swinging on him. :lol: 

He is like 6’5 she under 5 foot.  He calls police while she is chasing him around parking lot trying to punch him in the face. Went to jail and totaled car over nothing. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Like Jocko said even if you do something good the risk of being prosecuted or sued simply isn't worth it. 

14 hours ago, Cold War said:

I have a buddy who was on his way to work.   Has a big lifted truck.  A woman in front of him in a Ford Focus thought he had his brights on her. So she starts brake checking him. He flips brights to show her he is not. Well that just enrages her. He just blows by her and pulls into his business and she follows because she works right next door. Takes her little focus and starts plowing into the rear of his truck. Completely destroyed her car.  Gets out and starts swinging on him. :lol: 

He is like 6’5 she under 5 foot.  He calls police while she is chasing him around parking lot trying to punch him in the face. Went to jail and totaled car over nothing. 

Its dumbfounding the amount of rage people have these days.  Maybe it has always been the case and now with social media we just see it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its dumbfounding the amount of rage people have these days.  Maybe it has always been the case and now with social media we just see it.

Nah, I think it is way worse. I have been making the same little 3 miles commute to work for 25 years.  I have to turn right into a industrial drive.  There is a business right when you turn in . You’re basically turning into their parking lot. I need to slow down to a reasonable speed turning in.  Holy shit!!!   People come unglued.  Flipping me off, laying on the horn, gunning their motor. No common courtesy anymore.  Everyone is in a hurry. No one knows how to drive anymore. Fucking around on their phones. 🙄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Nah, I think it is way worse. I have been making the same little 3 miles commute to work for 25 years.  I have to turn right into a industrial drive.  There is a business right when you turn in . You’re basically turning into their parking lot. I need to slow down to a reasonable speed turning in.  Holy shit!!!   People come unglued.  Flipping me off, laying on the horn, gunning their motor. No common courtesy anymore.  Everyone is in a hurry. No one knows how to drive anymore. Fucking around on their phones. 🙄

I think it got way worse during and after the plandemic.   That fucked people up way more than anyone will admit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I think it got way worse during and after the plandemic.   That fucked people up way more than anyone will admit. 

Absolutely.
Anyone who has been in business before and after will  tell you  It changed everything.  Especially in the service industries.  Poor, shit service is now the normal.  Look at the way they have demonized women who complain about shitty service.  You take your shitty treatment and like it!!! 

22 hours ago, Highmark said:

Something doesn't add up.

Could be a fuck around and find out scenario.

Clues are given only by "the open gate". It's not definitive where the victim was when he ate lead.

If he was on the old guys property and cut the trees...Is it just me who would knock on the neighbors door and discuss what I would like to do, before firing up the gas axe?

4 hours ago, Cold War said:

Absolutely.
Anyone who has been in business before and after will  tell you  It changed everything.  Especially in the service industries.  Poor, shit service is now the normal.  Look at the way they have demonized women who complain about shitty service.  You take your shitty treatment and like it!!! 

It,s gross.  "Sorry man ,we have no interest in making sure everything works, we are just here to take your money "

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

It,s gross.  "Sorry man ,we have no interest in making sure everything works, we are just here to take your money "

I remember during Covid places were advertising and trying to up one another on having the least amount of customer contact.  I think people got used to it and are annoyed with any kind of interaction with customers. 

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

I think it got way worse during and after the pandemic.   That fucked people up way more than anyone will admit. 

if there's one thing it showed, was how mean spirited, greedy and self centered Americans truly are. 

we ran out of toilet paper FFS 

there were some great memes produced from it though 

toilet-paper-fight.gif

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

The zipper merge is a good divider of who can act like a normal human being and who flies off the handle far too quick.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Something doesn't add up.

Could be a fuck around and find out scenario.

Clues are given only by "the open gate". It's not definitive where the victim was when he ate lead.

If he was on the old guys property and cut the trees...Is it just me who would knock on the neighbors door and discuss what I would like to do, before firing up the gas axe?

There’s some wiggle room here for sure. Even in Wisconsin, which is not a stand your ground state, the old guy could be found justified in the shooting. He’d have to prove that his physical condition made him vulnerable to life changing injuries and/or made it impossible to retreat from the conflict. If the jury were to find that he initially garnished the weapon to protect property, then he’d be fucked.