Check your account email address ×

Hurricane Lee

Kivalo

25 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Hey New Englanders, anybody you guys getting some shifty weather yet? I heard the rain pretty heavy.

@DriftBusta how's the boat dairing? 

Minor flood watch advisory for Mystic tonight through tomorrow, but the storm looks to be largely missing us. We're gonna head down in the morning first thing to check on things.  We should be good.  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 4

Calais Maine is going to be right in the thick of it, up to 70mph winds.

The funeral home is not postponing a funeral my father was going to go to there. Wish you could have been there to hear THAT conversation....

Iffy here, all I did was take in the pool area shit, make sure the generator is ready, and cover The General.

Haven't had an issue here since the Ice Storm of 98....

Edited by Snake

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Calais Maine is going to be right in the thick of it, up to 70mph winds.

The funeral home is not postponing a funeral my father was going to go to there. Wish you could have been there to hear THAT conversation....

Iffy here, all I did was take in the pool area shit, make sure the generator is ready, and cover The General.

Haven't had an issue here since the Ice Storm of 98....

I spent some time up in the Calais area when I was a kid. My dad was working a shutdown at the mill in Woodland or Woodsville. It was something like that. We stayed in Perry at a campground on the coast. It's a beautiful area. Hopefully the storm arcs out to sea a little bit more.

The ice storm of 98 was the last time that we lost power for more than a few hours. Even then we were only out for 2 days. My former business partner was out of power for almost 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I spent some time up in the Calais area when I was a kid. My dad was working a shutdown at the mill in Woodland or Woodsville. It was something like that. We stayed in Perry at a campground on the coast. It's a beautiful area. Hopefully the storm arcs out to sea a little bit more.

The ice storm of 98 was the last time that we lost power for more than a few hours. Even then we were only out for 2 days. My former business partner was out of power for almost 2 weeks.

Dad worked at the Woodland mill long enough to realize he would rather build houses.

We lost power in 98 for 17 days. Why it took us so long I have no idea. I was working in Rockland at the time and they got nothing. The roads were clear when you left town, then slowly got covered with hard, packed ice. By the time you got here it was like 2 inches thick. They just piled sand on it like that would help.

That storm taught me the importance of being prepared.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Dad worked at the Woodland mill long enough to realize he would rather build houses.

We lost power in 98 for 17 days. Why it took us so long I have no idea. I was working in Rockland at the time and they got nothing. The roads were clear when you left town, then slowly got covered with hard, packed ice. By the time you got here it was like 2 inches thick. They just piled sand on it like that would help.

That storm taught me the importance of being prepared.

My dad was a boilermaker that worked up and down the east coast. My mother home schooled me for 4th and 5th grade and we traveled a lot over those two years and during summer vacations. 

35 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Just a slight breeze here, I'm too far inland. 

Supposed to be a beautiful day though. 

Yep. 
kids at school were yelling catastrophic storm.. I said settle down it’s nothing.. out to sea.

Gotta mow weeds today as it’s finally dry.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

It's breezy here with no rain so far. It did make for a beautiful sunset last night.

Red sky at night, sailors delight?

3 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

Brother's vacationing in Nova Scotia, train has been delayed for at least 24hrs to get home so he's going to have to weather it out

376228674_692322052935571_2048066981611643710_n.jpg

We're 35 min sw of Halifax and it's picking up here and apparently bad farther west and heading this way

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, smokin george said:

We're 35 min sw of Halifax and it's picking up here and apparently bad farther west and heading this way

Any report of what the sustained winds are?