Check your account email address ×

***Official 2023 NFL Thread***

ckf

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

As expected, Rodgers out for the season. Jets fans have to be wondering what they have to do to catch a break.

Dang!!  I was really hoping it wasn't going to be anything too serious, and he wouldn't be out more than a few weeks for his recovery.  I really wanted to see what he could do in NY this season.  Oh well, I guess this is one way for him to avoid the beatings he'd likely have undergone with the NY media if things didn't end up going well.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

Strong front 4 where you can drop 7 into coverage and make QB's move or make quick decisions.   Key to winning in the NFL and college.   

4 hours ago, ckf said:

As expected, Rodgers out for the season. Jets fans have to be wondering what they have to do to catch a break.

Torn Achilles.  Such a serious injury for a freak incident that didn't look all that bad.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Torn Achilles.  Such a serious injury for a freak incident that didn't look all that bad.

Agreed, it didn't look bad in real time. I watched a sports doctor that slowed the film down and pointed out where something popped. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

artificial turf claims perhaps it's most important NFL victim to date.  Football should be played on grass.  Outdoors.

I was just reading about the different surfaces throughout the league. Pretty cool what Arizona does in order to have real grass on the field.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

I was just reading about the different surfaces throughout the league. Pretty cool what Arizona does in order to have real grass on the field.

Is that where it's on a large table and transfer it outside during the week.

For Rodgers he was to much of a drama queen and held the Packers as hostage (and the team let him) thus holding the team back.  Don't miss him or the drama

• Like 1

Just now, Doug said:

For Rodgers he was to much of a drama queen and held the Packers as hostage (and the team let him) thus holding the team back.  Don't miss him or the drama

Yes.

Colin Kaepernick's Agent Has Reached Out To The Jets

Kaepernick informed NFL insider Jordan Schultz that his agent reached out to the Jets about his desire to return to the league. He's currently working out on the West Coast.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Doug said:

I disagree, most of that drama was drummed up by the media. The Packer management actually failed Rodgers by not putting the proper cast around him, mainly a good defense. The QB is an important position but if you don't have a good team it doesn't matter. 

8 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I disagree, most of that drama was drummed up by the media. The Packer management actually failed Rodgers by not putting the proper cast around him, mainly a good defense. The QB is an important position but if you don't have a good team it doesn't matter. 

But yet he lobbied for most of the players that were around him in Green Bay to go to the Jets.  Don't make sense just drama.

I tend to agree with Doug on the drama surrounding Rodgers.  Yes, management didn't help matters ... like when they drafted Love when they did.  But at this point, it's looking like it was a brilliant move.  My problem with Rodgers was that he transitioned to a complete diva.  Any bad plays on the field and he would hang his head or call other people out instead of pointing at himself.  You didn't see that type of (lack of) leadership coming from Tom Brady.  Going back 7 or 8 years when the Packers would look like Super Bowl contenders, the defense was atrocious and 99% of the blame.  But these past several years, Rodgers has had the opportunities to get the W in the postseason and failed.  And what's worse, he looked like he didn't even want to be on the field during the cold weather games in January (much like Favre towards the end of his career in GB).  

I really did want him to stay healthy and see what he could bring to the table for the Jets this year, so it sucks to see him out.  But at the same time, I'm glad this happened while he's wearing #8 and not wearing #12.  The commitment to transitioning to Love is a good thing ... at least for now (and hopefully he will play well all year).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

Moss was increasablely talented.

Dude was a straight up freak ... and as a Packers fan, it was frustrating to watch him torch the Packers and every other team the Vikings faced during his time there.  I'm glad we lived at a time where we could see just how good #84 was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Dude was a straight up freak ... and as a Packers fan, it was frustrating to watch him torch the Packers and every other team the Vikings faced during his time there.  I'm glad we lived at a time where we could see just how good #84 was.

I was a fan when he played for the Vikings and even more of a fan when he came to New England :ashamed:

• Like 2