Check your account email address ×

Where would you invest 50k ?

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I was referring to purchasing land or undeveloped property... but $50k doesn't get you anything these days.

There's a ton of different no brainer investment vehicles for folks to utilize... It depends upon risk/reward but moreso comfort level.  Any investment you feel the need to constantly watch isn't ideal for most, especially anyone creeping into retirement age.  Hence my safe harbor suggestions.  

Are you interested in purchasing three multifamily apartment buildings?  ;)

No it doesn't cover it but why would you want to do that in retirement.

Trans Canada's dividend is almost 8%, on 50K thats 4K/year tax efficient income with growth potential that you can sell in a heartbeat if needed.

Since he has a stable pension, I'm not sure why one needs to be so conservative and go to CD's.

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No it doesn't cover it but why would you want to do that in retirement.

Trans Canada's dividend is almost 8%, on 50K thats 4K/year tax efficient income with growth potential that you can sell in a heartbeat if needed.

Since he has a stable pension, I'm not sure why one needs to be so conservative and go to CD's.

we don't specifically know what the op wants.... maybe wait for him to chime back in? 

plus , he's going to owe @Steve753 $ when Trump loses.

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

we don't specifically know what the op wants.... maybe wait for him to chime back in? 

plus , he's going to owe @Steve753 $ when Trump loses.

He said it would be a slightly reduced monthly pension.  For example TC would give him $333/month without drawing into the equity. 

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yup.

The DJ over the last 30 years has averaged 7.9%. It’s not insured.

So your saying if I had money in there for 30 years I would of made 7.9% on my money.... sounds like I don't need any insurance then.  High cd rates are great but with the inflation is not making us any money.  But that's what the goverment wants.  Don't save money go to work and pay your taxes.

Edited by dsupercat

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

1% CD Trump

5% CD Biden

Carry on Mr. fascist 

Well, if we’re going to do math like that….

2.75% Mortgage Trump

7% Mortgage Biden

That extra interest crushes a lot of young people. You don’t always have to be such a hack.

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

Is the dinghy under $50k ? 

:roflcrying:

He actually picked that dinghy up for eight grand, with a 40 hp outboard which was a bargain.  It’s probably worth twice that. Wants 330k for the boat, no dinghy included. :lol: 

go for the go fund the WALL on the Mexico border?  O wait that was going to be paid for by Mexico.. Never mind.. Throw 10k on XRP crypto> check it in 5 years. 

Edited by jonlafon1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well, if we’re going to do math like that….

2.75% Mortgage Trump

7% Mortgage Biden

That extra interest crushes a lot of young people. You don’t always have to be such a hack.

He actually thinks others here are as dumb as he is. :lol:

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

He actually picked that dinghy up for eight grand, with a 40 hp outboard which was a bargain.  It’s probably worth twice that. Wants 330k for the boat, no dinghy included. :lol: 

no dingy?

shark-tank-no-deal.gif

I'd invest in land.  Plus you have land.  Or guns or other things you need that don't depreciate.

90's snowmobiles.

Older Ford trucks.

Might as well get some use out of your money.  Otherwise what's the point of money.  So you get a nursing home with 5 ply toilet paper instead of 4 ply, will you really care when you're shitting a diaper anyway?  The time is now

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'd invest in land.  Plus you have land.  Or guns or other things you need that don't depreciate.

90's snowmobiles.

Older Ford trucks.

Might as well get some use out of your money.  Otherwise what's the point of money.  So you get a nursing home with 5 ply toilet paper instead of 4 ply, will you really care when you're shitting a diaper anyway?  The time is now

he's from New Jersey... probably not a lot of $50k land around there that isn't contaminated or flammable.  

Cabbage Patch kids might make a comeback? 

Maybe bullets... we're about due to get into a skirmish with Iran or North Korea and if we're really fortunate Russia and China.