Check your account email address ×

the states pushing for 14-year-olds to serve alcohol

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

If my kid was a server at a bar/restaurant and was asked to serve drinks ... we're talking about picking them up from the bartender and delivering them to patrons ... why the fuck wouldn't I be OK with that?  They're supervised, and the kid isn't pouring the beer or making the drink.  Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

So you would allow your 14 year old daughter deliver drinks to a bar full of grown half drunk men and listen to the shit being said? Even allowing them to be exposed to that environment is fucking sad.

8 minutes ago, HSR said:

So you would allow your 14 year old daughter deliver drinks to a bar full of grown half drunk men and listen to the shit being said? Even allowing them to be exposed to that environment is fucking sad.

Applebees is a bar/restaurant, Texas Roadhouse is a bar/restaurant Olive Garden is a bar/restaurant.  Kids 14 and younger are brought to these places all the time by their parents to eat, so why the issue with this?

As a parent if you don't want your 14 year old daughter working at these places, then it will be up to you to stop them.  Pretty simple really.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

Applebees, Olive garden :lol: come back when you have a point FFS. Have you EVER been in a real "bar" SMFH :lmao: Olive garden JFC!!!

They have to abide by the same rules.  If you don't want your 14 yo working at a some unsavory establishment, then as a parent I guess you need make sure of that.  You make it sound like they will be working in some fully nude strip bar, serving shots of tequila to pedophiles.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My kids waited tables at the local family restaurant when they were in high school. It wasn't the kind of place where you had a 'bar full of grown half drunk men' to be concerned about. If someone (typically a mom or dad eating with their family) wanted a beer or a glass of wine, my kids could take the order, and drop it at the bar. Then, another server had to pick it up from the bar and carry it to the table. Not a lot of value added at that point if you ask me. I would not have a problem with my kids delivering alcohol in that scenario. If they ever felt uncomfortable, they could always ask someone older to deliver the drinke. 

Even dumber - Some grocery stores here in Mass sell wine and beer. If I buy a six pack (no, not Bud Light...), along with all my other groceries, the high schooler at the register has to stop, call someone over 21 to pass the six pack across the bar code scanner, and put it in  my cart. That seems pretty silly to me. Again, if someone may be underage, or give the cashier a hard time, there are plenty of 'adults' around to step in as needed. 

I don't see any of this turning kids into alcoholics. 

Edited by Catalina
Spelling
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Catalina said:

My kids waited tables at the local family restaurant when they were in high school. It wasn't the kind of place where you had a 'bar full of grown half drunk men' to be concerned about. If someone (typically a mom or dad eating with their family) wanted a beer or a glass of wine, my kids could take the order, and drop it at the bar. Then, another server had to pick it up from the bar and carry it to the table. Not a lot of value added at that point if you ask me. I would not have a problem with my kids delivering alcohol in that scenario. If they ever felt uncomfortable, they could always ask someone older to deliver the drinke. 

Even dumber - Some grocery stores here in Mass sell wine and beer. If I buy a six pack (no, not Bud Light...), along with all my other groceries, the high schooler at the register has to stop, call someone over 21 to pass the six pack across the bar code scanner, and put it in  my cart. That seems pretty silly to me. Again, if someone may be underage, or give the cashier a hard time, there are plenty of 'adults' around to step in as needed. 

I don't see any of this turning kids into alcoholics. 

I have no issues with that style of setting:bc:. I don't think the issue is with kids becoming alcoholics.

I certainly wouldn't let my 14 daughter serve booze in any of the bars I grew up partying at that's for sure. Men are pigs and as was pointed out in another thread by @Highmark Sadly America has a predator problem and its not just in education. 

The risk wouldn't be worth the reward these days IMHO.

And there is a difference between a restaurant that serves booze and a bar that serves food.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, HSR said:

I have no issues with that style of setting:bc:. I don't think the issue is with kids becoming alcoholics.

I certainly wouldn't let my 14 daughter serve booze in any of the bars I grew up partying at that's for sure. Men are pigs and as was pointed out in another thread by @Highmark Sadly America has a predator problem and its not just in education. 

The risk wouldn't be worth the reward these days IMHO.

And there is a difference between a restaurant that serves booze and a bar that serves food.

:news:  Basically must have a kitchen and "prepare" food. 

Restaurant vs. Bar

A 16- or 17-year-old may only sell or serve alcoholic beverages in a restaurant.

A restaurant is an eating establishment which offers food to the public, guests, or employees, including the kitchen and catering facilities in which food is prepared on the premises for serving elsewhere, and including a bar area within a restaurant.

A restaurant is not an establishment where food service is limited to prepackaged snack foods, popcorn, peanuts, and the reheating of commercially prepared foods that do not require assembly.

A 16- or 17-year-old is not allowed to sell or serve alcoholic beverages in a bar. A bar is an establishment where one may purchase alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises and in which the serving of food is only incidental to the consumption of those beverages.

Some businesses may have a restaurant or bar operating at their location (for example, golf courses or sports arenas). These businesses need to determine whether there is food being cooked, assembled, and served where alcohol is also being sold and served. If so, that area would qualify as a restaurant and a 16- or 17-year-old employee could sell and serve alcohol in that area during the hours that food is served, provided all other requirements for the employee are met.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

:news:  Basically must have a kitchen and "prepare" food. 

Restaurant vs. Bar

A 16- or 17-year-old may only sell or serve alcoholic beverages in a restaurant.

A restaurant is an eating establishment which offers food to the public, guests, or employees, including the kitchen and catering facilities in which food is prepared on the premises for serving elsewhere, and including a bar area within a restaurant.

A restaurant is not an establishment where food service is limited to prepackaged snack foods, popcorn, peanuts, and the reheating of commercially prepared foods that do not require assembly.

A 16- or 17-year-old is not allowed to sell or serve alcoholic beverages in a bar. A bar is an establishment where one may purchase alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises and in which the serving of food is only incidental to the consumption of those beverages.

Some businesses may have a restaurant or bar operating at their location (for example, golf courses or sports arenas). These businesses need to determine whether there is food being cooked, assembled, and served where alcohol is also being sold and served. If so, that area would qualify as a restaurant and a 16- or 17-year-old employee could sell and serve alcohol in that area during the hours that food is served, provided all other requirements for the employee are met.

We have a brewery that has a shared opening between it and a pizza place.   I'm sure the Brewery would not qualify as a restaurant even though you can order food from the brewery.  They are definitely 2 different companies. 

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

If my kid was a server at a bar/restaurant and was asked to serve drinks ... we're talking about picking them up from the bartender and delivering them to patrons ... why the fuck wouldn't I be OK with that?  They're supervised, and the kid isn't pouring the beer or making the drink.  Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

1 hour ago, HSR said:

I love how you create a  scenario based  on who the poster is…but hey it’s never you or your fault.😉🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I love how you create a  scenario based  on who the poster is…but hey it’s never you or your fault.😉🤔

Was someone speaking to you?

1 hour ago, HSR said:

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

Was someone speaking to you?

Was Bontz  speaking to you when you came up with this made up post and basically accused him of being a bad parent? 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Was Bontz  speaking to you when you came up with this made up post and basically accused him of being a bad parent?

Do you have anything to add to the topic or do you want to ruin another thread by white knighting for others?

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Do you have anything to add to the topic or do you want to ruin another thread by white knighting for others?

Ahhhh there it is once again….it’s always everyone else and only you can go off topic. Good god you really are a thin skinned little fella.😂

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Our liquor laws in general are antiquated nonsense.  21 is sheer stupidity.  Complete lack of freedom we have here and it's absurd.

It's 19 here but still, old enough to go to war for your country and vote but liquor cannot pass thy lips? Absurd to say the least

31 minutes ago, Highmark said:

We have a brewery that has a shared opening between it and a pizza place.   I'm sure the Brewery would not qualify as a restaurant even though you can order food from the brewery.  They are definitely 2 different companies. 

What a deadly combination :bc:

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Our liquor laws in general are antiquated nonsense.  21 is sheer stupidity.  Complete lack of freedom we have here and it's absurd.

Same. And our entire liquor system is held hostage by public employee unions 

theyre on strike now yet again because they want $30/hour to run a till or some stupid shit 

supposedly our current government plans to make liquor sales semi private like Saskatchewan and are using this strike to get the public kissed off at the union

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ahhhh there it is once again….it’s always everyone else and only you can go off topic. Good god you really are a thin skinned little fella.😂

You are not allowed to speak!!!!  

:lol:Jesus fucking keerist 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

theyre on strike now yet again because they want $30/hour to run a till or some stupid shit 

supposedly our current government plans to make liquor sales semi private like Saskatchewan and are using this strike to get the public kissed off at the union

Fail almost had a heart attack when they started bringing in beer and wine into grocery stores.  At first they even had to match lcbo hours to sell.

@HSR - could you be any bigger POS with your drama?  You're just pathetic the way you pick and choose who you're going to go against and preach whatever narrative suits you for the day.  I can just about guarantee had Deephaven or the other Steve posted what I did, you'd have kept your mouth shut.  It's getting more and more clear why ckf has to step in and fight your battles so regularly, ya worthless twat.

FWIW - I wouldn't have a teenage kids serving beers in some biker bar FFS, let alone a bar in and of itself.  But around here, there are places known as BAR & GRILLS where it's primarily family oriented where people who dine sit down and are served food AND DRINK.  I wouldn't have any issues with my daughter serving alcohol in that environment.  If you have a problem with that, go smoke another bowl and be a fucking Karen in some other thread.

And before you say it, let me beat you to your next response:  DERP!!  Sorry that you don't like this place & how it's run.  Maybe you should find another forum!! DERPITY DERP!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ACE said:

same here. Luckily 2 different unions so they strike at different times otherwise all hell would break loose!