Check your account email address ×

Inside dogs vs outside dogs

Outside all the time here.  

Live near a campground with a bike path past our place and this is the least used we've seen it since we built.  

I will say though, I haven't sat on my bikes for a single second this year.  Need to change that Once July is done.  

Neighbors across the road are always outside doing something.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

:bc: Same 

we were the young couple when we first moved here  . First load I was moving in my neighbor was waving a beer at me. All the neighbors would meet in his driveway after work and have a couple beers, talk about what ever was going on.  2008 hit, lot of people lost their jobs and homes. It’s never been the same. I am the last man standing. I have neighbors picture of all of us and I’m the only one still alive. Another couple moved in our age a few years back  . We get together with them almost every weekend. We tried to invite some young couples to hang out…..Have fire , some drinks, eat, and they have no interest. 

similar, the neighbors one door down and us built at the same time, helped each other out and watched their (3 daughters) and our daughter grow, graduate from HS and college and have been to all their weddings and parties.  we all laugh as our about to be HS senior is the last of the 'sisters'.  some times good neighbors are often better and more reliable than family.  

this post has been sent from outside, before we eat... outside.  hope you are reading this, from outside.  

:)

IMG_20230711_181123148_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230711_180817098_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230711_180812457_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230711_180808263_HDR.jpg

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

similar, the neighbors one door down and us built at the same time, helped each other out and watched their (3 daughters) and our daughter grow, graduate from HS and college and have been to all their weddings and parties.  we all laugh as our about to be HS senior is the last of the 'sisters'.  some times good neighbors are often better and more reliable than family.  

this post has been sent from outside, before we eat... outside.  hope you are reading this, from outside.  

:)

IMG_20230711_181123148_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230711_180817098_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230711_180812457_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230711_180808263_HDR.jpg

Yup! Nothing better than a good neighbor.  Guy across the street is the best. He has code to my door and I have code to his. We constantly help each other out.  I need something or he needs something we just walk over and take it. 

AF8D0B81-9E91-41D4-8FDA-179F08DF5D37.jpeg

7E52A095-D812-4067-8FD1-70875A288EBF.jpeg

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You strike me as the type concerned about the humidity and his hair... well, back hair 

Nope…ballsack! No hair on my back pops but I hate swamp ass :lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yup! Nothing better than a good neighbor.  Guy across the street is the best. He has code to my door and I have code to his. We constantly help each other out.  I need something or he needs something we just walk over and take it. 

I had a great neighbor like that here for 12 years.  Poor bastard died from brain cancer last October. Miss having him around  he was a real good friend 

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I had a great neighbor like that here for 12 years.  Poor bastard died from brain cancer last October. Miss having him around  he was a real good friend 

Sorry to hear.  Have a friend going through it now. Doesn’t sound good.  

Lost a great friend and neighbor to suicide . It dropped me to my knees. I was standing in his yard talking to him about yard work and bullshit at lunch and killed himself that night.  I found him, it was fucking brutal! 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Cold War said:

ditto, neighbor left a gigantic steak bone in the fridge for the dog on Saturday while we were out of town.  

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Damn!  That’s nice. :bc: 

sure is, rain or sprinkler?  it's dry as hell here...

I plow about 27 streets in the winter. Rarely do I see lids out playing in the snow on a snow day off school.

Back in the 80’s I could barely make it down one street before I got pelted with snowballs. Kids today are wimps.

• Like 2

Well considering who their neighbor is, maybe you answered your own question :poke: On a serious note I work in a factory with no AC where it routinely gets in the 90's. On top of that I'm a welder. I have no desire to be outside in the heat after I get home from work so my neighbors don't get the pleasure of seeing me till late evening. Unless of course my old ass falls asleep early on the couch.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

spying... no, just observant  

The overlanding and vanlife lifestyle has a strong community. Last winter I spent time at Quartzite AZ. Every night there was a bonfire with lots of good times. During the day people mingle talking about their rigs, past lifestyle, and travel locations. Always someone to give a helping hand. It’s all dispersed camping so if you need privacy it’s always available. I’ve come across a couple of psychos, but 99.999% of the people are awesome. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Guilty of doing that somewhat. I don’t like socializing on work days I’m more neighborly on non work days when I’m not exhausted from killing myself at work all day. We are fairly spread out but my two senior neighbors a widow and older couple that are close I talk with all the time. Well at least say hello and chat for a bit if we’re out and see the other neighbors. The neighbors at the beginning of the road do a neighborhood bonfire every year in the fall and most of the neighbors at least stop in for a bit to say hello. Everyone on the road waves when you drive by or they drive by. The first year we lived here they canceled the town trick or treat and our road all got together to do trick or treat for the roads kids which is basically our kids and my kids friends at the other end of the road. I thought that was pretty cool considering we hadn’t even been here a month and it was rona time so ya pretty cool having good neighbors.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
58 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I plow about 27 streets in the winter. Rarely do I see lids out playing in the snow on a snow day off school.

Back in the 80’s I could barely make it down one street before I got pelted with snowballs. Kids today are wimps.

Says the wimp that was too scared to have kids :news:

• Gold Member

Depends on the area I think. Young people and kids are outside in my neighborhood all the time in the summer and spring. Very active street. We even have a Ice Cream truck still that cruises thru. Halloween is still awesome. Everyone waves. Kids ride bikes . People walk their dogs. Honestly feels close to what my neighborhood was in the 90s.  Only a few neighbors I never see outside. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Hell my kids get a snow day I’m calling out to be out there playing in the snow with em 😂. It’s not the kids fault it’s the lazy parents that just plop them in front of a tv all day so they don’t have to parent.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Hell my kids get a snow day I’m calling out to be out there playing in the snow with em 😂. It’s not the kids fault it’s the lazy parents that just plop them in front of a tv all day so they don’t have to parent.

Same! Dont think my kids let a snow day go by once without going outside for a couple hours at least. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Depends on the area I think. Young people and kids are outside in my neighborhood all the time in the summer and spring. Very active street. We even have a Ice Cream truck still that cruises thru. Halloween is still awesome. Everyone waves. Kids ride bikes . People walk their dogs. Honestly feels close to what my neighborhood was in the 90s.  Only a few neighbors I never see outside. 

Haven’t seen an ice cream truck since pre Covid.  I think they all went out of business due to the lockdowns. 

• Sad 1

Good thread C2C!

Brought back many good memories from the 90's to the mid 2000's! Thanks!

We had a great bunch of young families and a couple of old boys all together in our little village. Many beers drunk in many driveways. Was good times! We were all a big family. After a few years some starting moving away and the dynamic changed. Appreciate what you have when the stars all line up! Doesn't happen all the time. Moved a few times since and haven't found that same camaraderie since. Hard to find again!

Cheers!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

So we’re bringing up family now pussy boy?

Fictitious kids are now family? Man are you slipping into decline fast

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
9 hours ago, Mainecat said:

So we’re bringing up family now pussy boy?

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Fictitious kids are now family? Man are you slipping into decline fast

:owned:

image.gif.677b5bfe6b1115332dc5252cffeeef09.gif

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Maybe I should post who you really are here?

Are you threatening me now? 

0EF55D32-B6CE-42EE-ABBC-C5001CF2DA78.thumb.png.dc265711e0413ed67a0584bf82a8ca9e.png

Imaginary kids are not Family. I did not talk about your family. Get over it you angry miserable prick.