Check your account email address ×

Snocross 2024

8 hours ago, krom said:

Who is there to for AC to even work with??

Is Kirk wrenching for any of the SX racers?

As far as starting from scratch and building a program I don't honestly know... thought All Finish would be that team but we know how that turned out.  I also don't see Textron throwing a pile of money into it either... that ship has sailed.  Wouldn't be the least but surprised to see the Procross return for next season. 

Last I heard of Kirk... he was eating hot dogs and not giving a shit.   :lol:

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

As far as starting from scratch and building a program I don't honestly know... thought All Finish would be that team but we know how that turned out.  I also don't see Textron throwing a pile of money into it either... that ship has sailed.  Wouldn't be the least but surprised to see the Procross return for next season. 

Good for him, he deserves a break

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

He was riding some bucket of bolts mountain mod with Burandt this weekend. Chris even called him Kurt in his post

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

They can just close up then.  There's no excuse if that happens.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, krom said:

Who is there to for AC to even work with??

Is Kirk wrenching for any of the SX racers?

Last time Kirk was at a sx race that I'm aware of was at Jackson Hole when Pake and Anson were out of CBR's second trailer because they were both riding Tuckers old Sleds.

Hes been working With Garth Kaufman on hill climb stuff.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Still works for me

Screenshot_20240213-063523.png

Screenshot_20240213-063533.png

I'd rather have what @fortune46x is kicking around.

51 minutes ago, krom said:

Good for him, he deserves a break

:thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

He was riding some bucket of bolts mountain mod with Burandt this weekend. Chris even called him Kurt in his post

cool... Hopefully he's enjoying whatever it is in life he wants to do

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They can just close up then.  There's no excuse if that happens.

as we've discussed, the new chassis (imo) was developed for the trail and mountains first... the race track/course last.  then again the same can be said of BRP who turned their trail sled into an absolute weapon on the SX track... plus they have the vast majority of the top tier racers.  I also don't see Polaris coming out with anything new soon either, so there's that.

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

as we've discussed, the new chassis (imo) was developed for the trail and mountains first... the race track/course last.  then again the same can be said of BRP who turned their trail sled into an absolute weapon on the SX track... plus they have the vast majority of the top tier racers.  I also don't see Polaris coming out with anything new soon either, so there's that.

It seems pretty obvious at this point that adapting the Caty for the SX riggers is proving to be quite a task.  Or it's gonna be a sneak attack!  Either way, if it rolls out on the track next year, I want one.  If it doesn't, we'll see but I don't wanna be the one to have to work on Doo's my whole life.  They are built for barbie handed mechanics.  That ain't me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Catalyst was designed first for the mountains and adapted to the other segments 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It seems pretty obvious at this point that adapting the Caty for the SX riggers is proving to be quite a task.  Or it's gonna be a sneak attack!  Either way, if it rolls out on the track next year, I want one.  If it doesn't, we'll see but I don't wanna be the one to have to work on Doo's my whole life.  They are built for barbie handed mechanics.  That ain't me.

Stop hitting culverts and you'll be golden lol

They did test the catalyst race sled last year in fargo - but I haven't heard anything as far as if its coming in 25 or what. I know it couldnt due to isr rules in 24.

• Like 1

Just now, fortune46x said:

Stop hitting culverts and you'll be golden lol

They did test the catalyst race sled last year in fargo - but I haven't heard anything as far as if its coming in 25 or what. I know it couldnt due to isr rules in 24.

I don't hit culverts.  I hit CULVER'S.  I'm not doing anything halfway!  :lmao:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I believe All Finish tested one/some shortly before pulling the rip cord... but am not certain of the details.  :dunno:

Another thing to consider is that the race mill and the consumer mill are pretty much different engines and 125hp isn't going to cut the mustard when P&D are making significantly more HP.  

edit: see Soo i500 and Eagle River FIII sleds which were competitive 

of course this is all opinion, subject to alternative facts.  :lolz:

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Catalyst was designed first for the mountains and adapted to the other segments 

I wouldn't debate that statement for a moment.  the $ is in selling product and hopefully they throw some back at the race department eventually.  works for BRP 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I believe All Finish tested one/some shortly before pulling the rip cord... but am not certain of the details.  :dunno:

Another thing to consider is that the race mill and the consumer mill are pretty much different engines and 125hp isn't going to cut the mustard when P&D are making significantly more HP.  

edit: see Soo i500 and Eagle River FIII sleds which were competitive 

of course this is all opinion, subject to alternative facts.  :lolz:

I wouldn't debate that statement for a moment.  the $ is in selling product and hopefully they throw some back at the race department eventually.  works for BRP 

I'd fully expect the SX catalyst to have a race engine.  To show up with a consumer mil would be idiotic.  

Honestly, IDFK what to expect from it anymore.  Rumors are being spread from everywhere in every direction.  And really, they have since Textron took the reigns.  I don't bother asking about it any longer.  I've just decided to stay in a constant state of "We'll see".  That way, I avoid further disappointment.

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'd fully expect the SX catalyst to have a race engine.  To show up with a consumer mil would be idiotic.  

Honestly, IDFK what to expect from it anymore.  Rumors are being spread from everywhere in every direction.  And really, they have since Textron took the reigns.  I don't bother asking about it any longer.  I've just decided to stay in a constant state of "We'll see".  That way, I avoid further disappointment.

to my knowledge all the catalyst that were raced or attempted to race this year were production based mills with twin pipes and ???

@fortune46x knows the finite details of the 'race' modors in comparison to production based sleds. 

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

to my knowledge all the catalyst that were raced or attempted to race this year were production based mills with twin pipes and ???

@fortune46x knows the finite details of the 'race' modors in comparison to production based sleds. 

Seems individual teams and Indie racers did most of that heavy lifting on their own.  Some success in XC it seems.  I think the platform is good but like all first year platforms, it’s gonna need some tweaking here and there.  The question is, will they get it from the OEM?  I’m hearing they will but…..

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Seems individual teams and Indie racers did most of that heavy lifting on their own.  Some success in XC it seems.  I think the platform is good but like all first year platforms, it’s gonna need some tweaking here and there.  The question is, will they get it from the OEM?  I’m hearing they will but…..

right... the 'race' sleigh is currently still the Procross and until the race department offers a new 'race' sleigh there's not much to discuss.

if they have a 150hp-ish race mill to shove in there and bring it out, then the teams could concern themselves with the remainder.  

are they doing this for the 24/25 race season?  :dunno:

Catalyst mods were being built in TRF at the race department from what I heard.  Herf said that in one of his videos where he was out testing and his mechanics were up in TRF building mod sleds.

Benham has been helping develop the new SX sled.  Wonder if they will use the new 600 platform with the 800 bottom end?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I don't wanna be the one to have to work on Doo's my whole life.  They are built for barbie handed mechanics.  That ain't me.

No barbie hands here either.  Now I have all sorts of "special tools".  At least your sled doesn't have the second clutch fixed to the jack shaft...

Some day I'll tell you all about my 3 hour experience replacing spark plugs.

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

right... the 'race' sleigh is currently still the Procross and until the race department offers a new 'race' sleigh there's not much to discuss.

if they have a 150hp-ish race mill to shove in there and bring it out, then the teams could concern themselves with the remainder.  

are they doing this for the 24/25 race season?  :dunno:

There’s many problems to deal with for Cat now and it started with them bailing on  all racing a few years back. I guess they’d figure quality racers would line up at the door when they announced their “triumphant” return?  Holy fuck.

I remain hopeful as hell though.  Just something about how Cat feels…it’s racey!  Lol

8 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Catalyst mods were being built in TRF at the race department from what I heard.  Herf said that in one of his videos where he was out testing and his mechanics were up in TRF building mod sleds.

Benham has been helping develop the new SX sled.  Wonder if they will use the new 600 platform with the 800 bottom end?

Like I said, “We’ll see”.  But I am excited as hell to see them roll it out.  NEXT YEAR!  

How you been, TG?  :bc:

5 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

No barbie hands here either.  Now I have all sorts of "special tools".  At least your sled doesn't have the second clutch fixed to the jack shaft...

Some day I'll tell you all about my 3 hour experience replacing spark plugs.

My 2012 XRS was the last year I had the secondary fixed to the JS.  What idiocy.  Complete and total.  Not sure if Doo is still doing that in their consumer sleds?

We’ll swap stories, I broke a coolant line trying to index widget my shit in that mess.  WTF?

23 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

idk, but it's good to hear they're trying something 

what they're not doing currently is helping put racers on the box.  

:dunno:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

How you been, TG?  :bc:

Been good, traveling a lot lately while I wait for snow.  Bought a Sportsman 850 last fall, Todd bought a 1000, so got out on those a few times last fall.  Complete lunacy after coming off 400-500 cc singles to big bore twins.  Watched snox from the beach in Florida.  Maybe head up there for the Duluth races?  Should be shorts, t-shirt, and croc weather.

Went to the boat show in January.  People are still buying but inventory is stacking up.  Prices are nuts but they say inflation is transitory so don't worry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Been good, traveling a lot lately while I wait for snow.  Bought a Sportsman 850 last fall, Todd bought a 1000, so got out on those a few times last fall.  Complete lunacy after coming off 400-500 cc singles to big bore twins.  Watched snox from the beach in Florida.  Maybe head up there for the Duluth races?  Should be shorts, t-shirt, and croc weather.

Went to the boat show in January.  People are still buying but inventory is stacking up.  Prices are nuts but they say inflation is transitory so don't worry.

:bc:

I’ve been getting the occasional update on your four wheelin’ hyjinx!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Zambroski said:

My 2012 XRS was the last year I had the secondary fixed to the JS.  What idiocy.  Complete and total.  Not sure if Doo is still doing that in their consumer sleds?

Sure are, but it’s super convenient because they still use the plastic secondary rollers. So you have to have all the special tools or drop your sled off to a shop within your first 3 rides when they explode so you can put the fiber ones in.