Check your account email address ×

Snocross 2024

13 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

watching the replay of the heats I missed and missed a bit of info... no more spotter and radio coms?  does that make things safer... or more dangerous for riders down? 

the problem was it took the rider out of the equation , they were having spotters watch and telling where to go to block people when they went to pass. I dont think it changed the safety factor one bit imo.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fortune46x said:

the problem was it took the rider out of the equation , they were having spotters watch and telling where to go to block people when they went to pass. I dont think it changed the safety factor one bit imo.

I get that, and agree.  There was that one incident after the finish line that was sketchy as fuck where coms would have made sense but that was more on the kid who got bucked off than those almost landing on him. 

This was quite a round...  

Real shame @AK440 can't appreciate it.  :(

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

is it ok with you if I post in threads I actually start?

let's see just how many threads you've started... 

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/profile/2656-zr6000rr/content/&type=forums_topic&change_section=1

two... one in the safe space and one in the CE

those are some doozies 

be proud

Do what you want. I prefer to not live here. I do have a life. You? Seems not so much.

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I get that, and agree.  There was that one incident after the finish line that was sketchy as fuck where coms would have made sense but that was more on the kid who got bucked off than those almost landing on him. 

This was quite a round...  

Real shame @AK440 can't appreciate it.  :(

I find the 20 year old snox races way more interesting to watch as the tracks were better laid out with turns. Watching sleds bounce around an oval isn’t that exciting to me. 

On 1/16/2024 at 4:31 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

There was a pile up right there in the Sport final too, I believe on Saturday night.

Also, we need to boot the pro am 30+, snobikes, 200, and 120 champ classes from the night show until room is made for the sport final.  Run the sport final as the first race on a fresh track then touch up the track during pro rider introductions.

22 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

There was a pile up right there in the Sport final too, I believe on Saturday night.

Also, we need to boot the pro am 30+, snobikes, 200, and 120 champ classes from the night show until room is made for the sport final.  Run the sport final as the first race on a fresh track then touch up the track during pro rider introductions.

idk what was going on with flagging and racers running back out onto the track when they shouldn't have been.... 

maybe just make the sport final the first evening event... but, I'm sure there's some inclusion rules for children, women and the elderly in the mix.  snow bikes... just say adios to that crap

So two schools of thought on this one :

You heard the rider talk about it - nuff said on that.

The series : ISR does not want a drag race into a corner , they request breaking bumps to control speed going into the corner , again insurance crap. The other side to this is , use your head - you know they are going to pile up or have a good feeling they will pile up there's a brake in addition to gas... Same situation we deal with in offroad and those tracks rarely change.

Its easier to blame the track conditions then to admit that you didn't let someone by , held your ground and it caused a wreck.

4 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

The series : ISR does not want a drag race into a corner , they request breaking bumps to control speed going into the corner , again insurance crap. The other side to this is , use your head - you know they are going to pile up or have a good feeling they will pile up there's a brake in addition to gas... Same situation we deal with in offroad and those tracks rarely change.

Its easier to blame the track conditions then to admit that you didn't let someone by , held your ground and it caused a wreck.

I understood Kenny’s concern as it was a semi-sweeping curve over the jump instead of a straight away jump, land, then come into a turn? :dunno:  
maybe I misunderstood.  Was half a sleep when I watched it.

19 minutes ago, hayward said:

I understood Kenny’s concern as it was a semi-sweeping curve over the jump instead of a straight away jump, land, then come into a turn? :dunno:  
maybe I misunderstood.  Was half a sleep when I watched it.

there were two rollers then a flat corner, then it went into the rhythm section that's always on the front stretch of this track - everyone ALWAYS pushes out to the outside going into the corner , you can either bang or brake and lose position and try to make it up through the rhythm section.

I know its easy to arm chair quarter back but racing atvs for years - this happened every single race after the start you could be asleep on the line cut to the inside and make passes that way too.

I’m not judging anybody.  I get what you mean.  Sometimes you gotta go slower to go faster.  I see it in dirt track racing all the time.  Somebody’s gotta lift, can’t all go into the turn balls to the wall taking up the same spot.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I didn't see as many issues as the track as I did with flagging were there were issues or dumb kids running back onto the track with sleds flying at them...

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ji7xbpot5do02thtu

3 hours ago, hayward said:

I’m not judging anybody.  I get what you mean.  Sometimes you gotta go slower to go faster.  I see it in dirt track racing all the time.  Somebody’s gotta lift, can’t all go into the turn balls to the wall taking up the same spot.

I didnt take it as that at all , no worries. you nailed it theres only so much real estate

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I didn't see as many issues as the track as I did with flagging were there were issues or dumb kids running back onto the track with sleds flying at them...

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ji7xbpot5do02thtu

lots of new flaggers this year

• Like 1

speaking of which... remember when we were hanging out at Eagle River and Legendre got landed on and ran the fuck over?  

seeing shit like that in person still makes me wince

On 1/19/2024 at 1:12 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

speaking of which... remember when we were hanging out at Eagle River and Legendre got landed on and ran the fuck over?  

seeing shit like that in person still makes me wince

Ive seen worse since that day, South Dakota last year was brutal.