Check your account email address ×

Our Lazy President

Donald Trump has many worrisome, regrettable and even deplorable traits. But after studying him for the past two years, I have concluded he has an overlooked quality that cancels out many of his bad ones. Say what you will, the man is lazy.

This is a discovery that should gladden people of all parties, philosophies, races, sexes and religions. His detractors can be glad that he will never muster the drive or discipline to actually bring many of his worst ideas to fruition. His admirers can rest easy knowing he will not work himself to death.

The comic strip "Dilbert" has a character named Wally, whose chief talent is finding ways to avoid doing anything productive. A few years ago, his pointy-haired boss informed Wally that he was being replaced by a robot. "All it does is drink coffee and look at inappropriate websites," he said.

If that's the definition of sloth, the president has Wally beat, because he doesn't drink coffee and he doesn't look at inappropriate websites. We can be sure of the latter because he apparently never bothered learning to use a computer—a symptom of his antipathy to exertion.

It was always clear that Trump does not like putting himself out. At the height of the general election campaign, he averaged only one event per day. Over two months leading up to the Iowa caucuses, Reuters reported, Ted Cruz did some three dozen events; Trump did eight. He insisted on flying home to New York almost every night of the campaign to sleep in his own bed.

We've also known Trump is intellectually lazy. He admitted last year that he has never read a biography of a president, citing a lack of time—even though he claims to sleep no more than five hours a night. Tony Schwartz, who ghostwrote The Art of the Deal, has said, "I seriously doubt that Trump has ever read a book straight through in his adult life."

Asked last year where he gets military advice, Trump replied, "Well, I watch the shows." He does put in long hours in front of a flat-screen, gathering random tidbits that inspire outbursts on Twitter. Atlantic writer Elaine Godfrey rounded up all the evidence and estimated that he currently watches five hours of television per day.

He's also averse to breaking a literal sweat. Unlike Barack Obama and George W. Bush, Trump doesn't work out. He said last year he didn't need to because of all the exercise he got speaking at his rallies. (In truth, jumping the shark does not burn calories.)

The closest he gets is golf, and he apparently minimizes the physical demands by using a cart, which makes the game about as strenuous as shuffleboard. Golf is not work but leisure, and Trump consumes it in quantities that must inspire envy in duffers with full-time jobs. He played 19 times during his first 100 days—far outpacing Obama, whom he roasted for playing too often.

Trump prefers to be at his Mar-a-Lago resort rather than in Washington; he spent all or part of 25 days there in his first 100. Even when he's in the White House, his public schedule indicates a lot of, um, unstructured time in his day.

Despite all this, the president sounds like a first-time marathoner hitting the 20-mile wall. "This is more work than in my previous life," Trump complained. "I thought it would be easier."

Much of Trump's cluelessness about issues stems from his refusal to make more than a minimal effort at his job. As his comments about Andrew Jackson and the Civil War confirm, Trump is not merely too lazy to learn; he's too lazy to notice there is anything others know that he might need to. His is indolence on an epic scale.

And that, on balance, is good news. The people who fear that Trump is trying to subvert democracy, persecute Muslims and dismantle the rule of law can take heart that he won't put much effort into it. Inaugurating a reign of terror requires a work ethic he just doesn't have.

Trump would be far more dangerous if he had the energy to pursue all his bad ideas in a systematic way. The more time he spends in a golf cart the less harm he will do. If the job is not so easy as he expected, I have some advice for him: Don't work so hard.

http://reason.com/archives/2017/05/04/our-lazy-president

Makes sense...sort of.  But his drive during the campaign was unbelievably impressive.  I don't know when he slept.  And all this while being 70?  Fuck....the lying criminal didn't do half of what he did and it put her ass over face kettle into a van!  The man has a drive to win...no doubt about it.  Now, if we can just get him a language coach and add a few more adjectives and adverbs into his speech...that'd be nice.  :lol:

This shit still cracks me up:

SHORT CIRCUIT!!!!! SHORT CIRCUIT!!!! :lol:

Related image

• Platinum Contributing Member

MN Momo - defending Dumps laziness :lol: And confusing an illness with work ethic :lmao: What a tool :lmao: 

It's spring dude - take the helmet off - you're overheating :smack:

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

MN Momo - defending Dumps laziness :lol: And confusing an illness with work ethic :lmao: What a tool :lmao: 

It's spring dude - take the helmet off - you're overheating :smack:

:lol:

Dude...this site isn't a fucking dating service. Stop asking me for a glossy head shot!   If you want a picture of me...ask someone "close to you". :lol: I believe it's being made into a mask also.  

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Makes sense...sort of.  But his drive during the campaign was unbelievably impressive.  I don't know when he slept.  And all this while being 70?  Fuck....the lying criminal didn't do half of what he did and it put her ass over face kettle into a van!  The man has a drive to win...no doubt about it.  Now, if we can just get him a language coach and add a few more adjectives and adverbs into his speech...that'd be nice. :lol:

Why wouldn't he have had time to sleep? Other candidates were doing more events than he was.

11 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Why wouldn't he have had time to sleep? Other candidates were doing more events than he was.

What other candidates?  Hillary?  I'm pretty sure she wasn't.  But I gotta give FD here, I wasn't really keeping tabs on any of them.  It just seemed like he was in a different state/venue every other day toward the end then firing out tweets all night long.  If you are talking about the primaries, well....I hardly followed that much at all.  What a shit show. Especially seeing how Sanders got bent over.  That's the one thing I think all of us will remember about the 2016 primaries.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

What other candidates?  Hillary?  I'm pretty sure she wasn't.  But I gotta give FD here, I wasn't really keeping tabs on any of them.  It jsut seemed like he was in a different state/venue every other day toward the end then firing out tweets all night long.  If you are talking about the primaries, well....I hardly followed that much at all.  What a shit show. Especially seeing how Sanders got bent over.  That's the one thing I think all of us will remember about the 2016 primaries.

So what's he doing with the other 12+ hours of the day?

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

What other candidates?  Hillary?  I'm pretty sure she wasn't.  But I gotta give FD here, I wasn't really keeping tabs on any of them.  It just seemed like he was in a different state/venue every other day toward the end then firing out tweets all night long.  If you are talking about the primaries, well....I hardly followed that much at all.  What a shit show. Especially seeing how Sanders got bent over.  That's the one thing I think all of us will remember about the 2016 primaries.

Trump did more events than all the other candidates combined Sheepdippingforshitforbrains is full of shit like always :flush: 

Just now, Momorider said:

Trump did more events than all the other candidates combined Sheepdippingforshitforbrains is full of shit like always :flush: 

LMAO

Poor MC.   Let me check.....who is POTUS?   Oh that's right its Trump....I guess he did enough campaign events in the right places. :lol:  Work smarter.....not harder. :lol:  

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/09/trump-has-held-more-than-220-campaign-events-with-more-than-1-2-million-attendees-since-june-2015/

Donald Trump held over 220 campaign events since jumping into the Presidential race in June 2015.  More than 1.2 million people have attended his events since last year.

According to a post on Reddit Trump has held events with as many as 31,000 participants.  (Note that this list only includes campaign speaking engagements and not fundraisers or visits with government and corporate leaders.)

When comparing the Trump campaign with the Clinton campaign since the conventions in late July the results are staggering.  Donald Trump held 31 campaign events in August.  More than 198,000 people participated at these events in August and for 7 of these events (Columbus, Harrisburg, Ashburn, Wilmington, Abingdon, West Bend and Akron) Trump had overflow crowds.

Hillary Clinton on the other hand held only 11 campaign events in August and had a meager 10,000 people show up at her events.

Donald Trump has materially outpaced Hillary Clinton in rallies and in attendance at campaign events since the conventions in late July. Trump held triple the number of events that Clinton held (32 – 11) in August and had 20 times the number of participants. From August 17th through the 31st alone Trump campaigned in front of 88,000 at his events to only 400 (yes 400) for Hillary at her one event since the 17th!

While Trump continues to smash Clinton in attendance at events, Clinton continues to take time off.

Clinton has no Clinton campaign rallies scheduled in the foreseeable future.  Hillary must not be holding events either because she is too sick or she doesn’t want to show the little support for her campaign to date.  In early August at a small gathering at a union hall in Nevada, Hillary ‘froze’ and needed to be comforted by what appeared to be a medical doctor who got on stage and patted her back while spurring her on.  He has since disappeared but Clinton’s episodes have not.  At a subsequent event in Florida Clinton froze again.

The lines to get into Trump events are making news on social media but the mainstream media remains silent about Trump’s monstrous crowds. The line on Tuesday to get into the record setting event in Everett, Washington was a good example:

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

Only thing Clinton outdid Trump was fundraisers. :lol:  

One of the main post-election criticisms of the Hillary Clinton campaign has been that she didn’t do enough campaigning. Donald Trump certainly did more traveling than Clinton: He made 106 campaign stops (rallies, fundraisers and in-person media appearances) from Sept. 1 through Nov. 8 — Clinton made only 71 (including her day-after-the-election concession speech in New York), according to data I collected from the Conservative Daily News and HillarySpeeches.com.1 You can see how their campaign schedules compared in the maps above.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/13/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-numbers-trips/

campaign (1).gif

Edited by Highmark

Guys like Trump do not get rich by being lazy. This is one of those anti Trump cottage industry articles written for the Snowrider/MC of the world. Trump has plenty of faults so maybe they should focus on the ones that are at least plausible.

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

So what's he doing with the other 12+ hours of the day?

Fuck if I know.  Travel, prep, eat, rest.  You ever do a  month worth of traveling for work?  Nothing fun about it.  And neither of us are close to 70 years old.

:dunno:

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Clinton kicked his ass in the event category

:lol: I don't even know what this means. :lmao:

Are you talking about the people that actually went?  Or the half dozen clones of them that were phot shopped in to make it look like there were a lot of people there?

Just now, Zambroski said:

Fuck if I know.  Travel, prep, eat, rest.  You ever do a  month worth of traveling for work?  Nothing fun about it.  And neither of us are close to 70 years old.

Remember though, he's in the "greatest health of any President". :lol:

Even Stern yesterday said Hillary was basically lazy, blowing off events she should have attended because she more less "had it in the bag".  Trump literally bragged about grabbing women by the pussy, and according to Stern, he still won over the women higher-educated vote.  

Just think about that for a second...that's how easy it was for Clinton to win, and she couldn't even take advantage of it.

Just now, SSFB said:

Remember though, he's in the "greatest health of any President". :lol:

Yeah.....he may be in "ok" health for his age and weight but it sure doesn't look like he's getting anywhere close to a full rotation on the tee box. :lol: