Check your account email address ×

‘Lockdowns Had Little to No Effect on COVID Mortality’: New Johns Hopkins Study

But one working paper posted online in January — and not peer-reviewed — has gotten a lot of attention in conservativecircles for its conclusion that “lockdowns have had little to no effect on COVID-19 mortality.” The paper, which is an analysis of other studies, has been touted as a “Johns Hopkins University study,” but it’s not a product of the university’s Bloomberg School of Public Health, whose vice dean — among other public health experts — has criticized the paper.

“The working paper is not a peer-reviewed scientific study,” Dr. Joshua Sharfstein, vice dean of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, said in a Feb. 8 statement sent to us in an email. “To reach their conclusion that ‘lockdowns’ had a small effect on mortality, the authors redefined the term ‘lockdown’ and disregarded many peer-reviewed studies. The working paper did not include new data, and serious questions have already been raised about its methodology.”

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Apparently you never traveled to China or Asia. :lol: 

Yes I was in Thailand. I had to quarantine there. Outside of that there were no issues there. Lots of masks.

Also spent time in India.

Edited by Steve753

2 minutes ago, Plissken said:

But one working paper posted online in January — and not peer-reviewed — has gotten a lot of attention in conservativecircles for its conclusion that “lockdowns have had little to no effect on COVID-19 mortality.” The paper, which is an analysis of other studies, has been touted as a “Johns Hopkins University study,” but it’s not a product of the university’s Bloomberg School of Public Health, whose vice dean — among other public health experts — has criticized the paper.

“The working paper is not a peer-reviewed scientific study,” Dr. Joshua Sharfstein, vice dean of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, said in a Feb. 8 statement sent to us in an email. “To reach their conclusion that ‘lockdowns’ had a small effect on mortality, the authors redefined the term ‘lockdown’ and disregarded many peer-reviewed studies. The working paper did not include new data, and serious questions have already been raised about its methodology.”

LoL so in other words it's findings are correct but due to conformity standards we cant say that it's correct until the biden administration officially says so.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Yes I was in Thailand. I had to quarantine there. Outside of that there were no issues there. Lots of masks.

I walked and drove all over the US and canada with impunity. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Did you get a vax for the diseases that are there or just covid?

:lol:

13 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Peer review?That bullshit ship has sailed.:lol:

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That’s fine but what about lockdowns in the rest of the world…we’re they all in on the blame Trump game?🤷🏻🤔

Control...virtually all those countries had been eliminating freedom's prior to COVID. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Control...virtually all those countries had been eliminating freedom's prior to COVID. 

What countries are those you speak of?

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Or better yet a Canadian one where Canadians can fake being Americans.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Your beyond help…..Jesus that’s fuckin dumb

You two probably believed the vaccine would stop infection....just like they told us and lied about.  :lol:  

I've said it all along if Hillary was in office the GOP would have pushed shutdowns and the dems pushed keeping things open.   GOP would have used it to beat her in 2020. 

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Steve753 said:

What countries are those you speak of?

Europe...Australia....China.....

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Europe...Australia....China.....

China's never had freedoms. It's business as usual in Europe and Australia. 

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

China's never had freedoms. It's business as usual in Europe and Australia. 

Really...you can get thrown in jail for speech now in parts of Europe and Australia.   China never was free but they have trackers to see if you obey them.

In Australia they wanted to put COVID positive people in camps.  They forced the vaccination of children that no more needed it than a hole in their head.   

I think its hilarious the trust some of you have for govt in general. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Really...you can get thrown in jail for speech now in parts of Europe and Australia.   China never was free but they have trackers to see if you obey them.

In Australia they wanted to put COVID positive people in camps.  They forced the vaccination of children that no more needed it than a hole in their head.   

Live in the past. It's good for you. 👌

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Live in the past. It's good for you. 👌

I prefer "Let's not forget the past".  We don't need this to happen here again, no matter what the rest of the world does.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I prefer "Let's not forget the past".  We don't need this to happen here again, no matter what the rest of the world does.

Absolutely!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Roosting said:

LoL so in other words it's findings are correct but due to conformity standards we cant say that it's correct until the biden administration officially says so.

Sounds like some slanted and biased influence in the study cherry picked data to fit an agenda, actually.

Neal

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Your hero is still touting the vaccine.

Must be yours....how many jabs you on now?  :lol:   Its great you follow his advise.  

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Must be yours....how many jabs you on now?  :lol:   Its great you follow his advise.  

2. That's all I needed to travel. I sware all you anti vax people got hypnotized.  You all say the same things! :lol:

Just now, Steve753 said:

2. That's all I needed to travel. I sware all you anti vax people got hypnotized.  You all say the same things! :lol:

Glad you followed the Donald's advise.  :lol:  

1 hour ago, Roosting said:

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Peer review?That bullshit ship has sailed.:lol:

The same study you’re cheerleading showed that facemasks produced a weighted average 21.2% reduction in mortality.  Do you love it???

Page 39:

facemasks.jpeg

Edited by Plissken

53 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You two probably believed the vaccine would stop infection....just like they told us and lied about.  :lol:  

I've said it all along if Hillary was in office the GOP would have pushed shutdowns and the dems pushed keeping things open.   GOP would have used it to beat her in 2020. 

It was a global conspiracy to dethrone trump. My god you’re an insufferable idiot at times. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Sounds like some slanted and biased influence in the study cherry picked data to fit an agenda, actually.

Neal

But but but its peer reviewed so it has to be accurate.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark