Check your account email address ×

Hannity looking to bail on Fox as early as this week after exit of Fox News' Shine

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

Peoples political views change as they age.   Young people will listen to him as they gain life experience.   

older people tend to become more selfish, close minded, and terrified of change. so yeah. 

10 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The parent company is bleeding cash. His average listener is 67...lol.....radio.....radio....lmao

well we all know with another worthless  prediction from u he will be on the air for at least 10 more yrs .

his parent corp was bleeding cash last yr and all u libtards were saying same shit then he pulled a 400mill contract . but yeah why don't you call your bookie anp put 20k on this sure thing .wire to wire

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

older people tend to become more selfish, close minded, and terrified of change. so yeah. 

or as we get older we start paying attention to what is going on. always ez to sell hope and change to stupid kids who's life experience consists of living off mom and dad and living in la la land in some echo chamber campus bubble . 

but then comes the real world and the change of your old worthless view of the world

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

or as we get older we start paying attention to what is going on. always ez to sell hope and change to stupid kids who's life experience consists of living off mom and dad and living in la la land in some echo chamber campus bubble . 

but then comes the real world and the change of your old worthless view of the world

older typically means a loss of the following:

creativity 

humor

fun

carefree mindset

give me youth anyday of the week. now get back to fox news. 

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

creativity 

humor

fun

carefree mindset

really ? only think I see on that list that is a reality is Carefree mindset .

now get back watching Justin Bieber videos  

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Nope.   They have a tendency to learn that govt cannot and should not do everything for them.   Then when they get to MC's age it starts going back the other way.   :lol:  

Honestly, do some of you guys ever leave the internet?  :lol: 

Where do you come up with these broad generalizations of people based on age?  If sitting around a table staring at your phones is a wild and crazy time, yeah they got us beat hands down.   

10 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Where do you come up with these broad generalizations of people based on age?  If sitting around a table staring at your phones is a wild and crazy time, yeah they got us beat hands down.   

Great point.  Its been an epiphany watching so much of the younger generation show just how little they understand about life, our history, and how they've been indoctrinated.  The whole phone thing has really rotted alotta brains.  Smart kids will always be smart, but some of the non achievers in this generation will never get ahead in life, in this economy.  Have an in depth political or economic discussion with them?  Not a prayer.

12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

creativity 

humor

fun

carefree mindset

Geez my father is the exact opposite of that.....he was so driven when he was younger...it made him next to no fun and very serious....other then sledding and the odd car race we would go to Id stay away from him. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I took my daughter out of school early yesterday to take her to lunch.  We've been a bit "off" as of late so I thought we should just talk a bit.  We both took our phones in the restaurant but I've taught her that staring into her phone when she is with people is bad manners.  And I had no doubt she wasn't going to.  I picked up my phone to check and see if I got an email I was waiting on and she immediately said, "Dad!!!"

:lol:

I just smiled.  Glad some of what I'm teaching is sticking.

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Great point.  Its been an epiphany watching so much of the younger generation show just how little they understand about life, our history, and how they've been indoctrinated.  The whole phone thing has really rotted alotta brains.  Smart kids will always be smart, but some of the non achievers in this generation will never get ahead in life, in this economy.  Have an in depth political or economic discussion with them?  Not a prayer.

Good post! :bc:

We are in the process of looking at other options than the traditional college plan for my daughter.  It appears they aren't doing much more than liberal indoctrinating and kicking out a bunch of worthless paper to frame and hang behind your server position at Starbucks.  Well, I guess you can take it with you during the protesting demonstration.  Do they give classes on that?  "How to be the educated, intellectually elite making $12/hr while protesting the rest of your free time...101".

:wall:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Geez my father is the exact opposite of that.....he was so driven when he was younger...it made him next to no fun and very serious....other then sledding and the odd car race we would go to Id stay away from him. 

:bc: 

We were talking about this the other day, how our parents have chilled out since we were kids. 

Just now, Cold War said:

:bc: 

We were talking about this the other day, how our parents have chilled out since we were kids. 

Big time and thank god for that. :bc:

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

I don't know where he gets that idea either.  I guess looking at MC, we should all be able to learn where we DO NOT want to be as we near that age. Miserable bitterness.  It's actually sad.

My old man is in his 70's now and is one of the funniest, easy going and carefree dudes I know. :dunno:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don't know where he gets that idea either.  I guess looking at MC, we should all be able to learn where we DO NOT want to be as we near that age. Miserable bitterness.  It's actually sad.

My old man is in his 70's now and is one of the funniest, easy going and carefree dudes I know. :dunno:

Thats awesome dude...my father is 72...i talk to him everyday on messenger at least.

8 minutes ago, Dave said:

Thats awesome dude...my father is 72...i talk to him everyday on messenger at least.

We don't live close anymore but I talk to him at least once a week.  Mostly just sharing funny ass stories.  I'm glad he instilled in me the need for a really good sense of humor.  I feel for people that can't laugh at fucked up situations and get over them.  They just sit and STEW!!!!! Poor bastards.  We all know a few too.  Their world just falls completely apart at every little setback. :dunno:

My fear is the younger generation is all about the "sit and stew"....and protest. Their lives will be wasted.  Shameful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

you didn't know that young people are blood suckers on society and can't carry on a useful conversation? damn....what's wrong with you?

14 hours ago, spin_dry said:

creativity 

humor

fun

carefree mindset

In your case you forgot one, hair loss. :lol:

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

you didn't know that young people are blood suckers on society and can't carry on a useful conversation? damn....what's wrong with you?

I get out enough to know that there are smart, motivated, young people, as well as happy, active old people.  :bc: 

One thing I have noticed when doing estimates. Young people will sit down and immediately pull out their phones while they wait. The 40 and over crowd like to make small talk about the weather and what not.

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Just like most adults on these forums.