Check your account email address ×

Ford bronco do not drive notice.

Worker: Can't make it in to work Boss, can't drive the Bronco. Steering may lock up.

Boss: Well take your SXS that you are always bragging about!!!!

Worker: Can't drive it, it's a Polaris it may catch fire

Boss: Well take the snowmobile trail here on your "ultimate trail sled" that you rave about!!!!!!

Worker: Nigga please, recall ain't done and it may EXPLODE!!

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

Is it electric ? The f150 are or were and when it goes out it is extremely tough to drive near impossible 

Cost my buddy around $3500 to get his 150 fixed when it went out.

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Is it electric ? The f150 are or were and when it goes out it is extremely tough to drive near impossible 

Not sure. All that the tsb indicates is that steering will lock up. It’s the high end Rapter and one other version. These broncos have been one giant headache for ford and the poor buyers. Overlanders at the overlander expo in Utah were complaining about all kinds of quality issues with their broncos. A few were going back to Jeep. I’m actually surprised how tough Jeeps have been. 

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Cost my buddy around $3500 to get his 150 fixed when it went out.

Yep I went rebuilt cuz the warrenty was way way longer 10 yrs and it was 1/2 the cost of new . Both trucks at around 150k ..1 just shit the bed like right now . The other was sporadically working . Made for a interesting drive home from WY 

I had to replace the steering rack in my Quigley because of a worn bushing. It was a custom Quigley piece that had a list of $2800. Thankfully Quigley stepped up and paid for it. They allowed me to install it myself. I do not trust dealers. 

Most every vehicle made today has gone electric racks. Just replaced a 13 Ram's today. Found a rebuilt for 1544 while a new Fiat one was 2400. Rebuilt has a lifetime warranty Fiat's not so much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Steering rack is locking up. Wtf is going on at ford? 

Since I have one, it seems like it's a narrow number of vins.

Edit: 343 affected

Edited by airflite1

2 hours ago, airflite1 said:

Boss: You lying sumbitch get in here now!!!!!!

9 hours ago, airflite1 said:

Not for one of those 343 that paid $80K + and now sit without out a vehicle for how ever long it takes for parts and an available tech to instal it. This is more of the bleeding Ford is experiencing from warranty claims. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Not for one of those 343 that paid $80K + and now sit without out a vehicle for how ever long it takes for parts and an available tech to instal it. This is more of the bleeding Ford is experiencing from warranty claims. 

Ford seems to be the king of the recalls. I saw a number for the costs last year and it’s in the billions. Mostly junk chinesium from their suppliers causing these issues.

• Platinum Contributing Member

One of the builders I do work for bought  a new Raptor a few weeks back and the rear end shit the bed almost immediately…haven’t heard the diagnosis.

31 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

One of the builders I do work for bought  a new Raptor a few weeks back and the rear end shit the bed almost immediately…haven’t heard the diagnosis.

I can't imagine how pissed off I would be over something like that....

• Gold Member

My parents edge ST blew a tranny with low miles it was around 20k. It got fixed under warranty and traded in immediately after for a genesis. Life long ford family always had at least one I don’t think they’ll be going back anytime soon that ordeal soured them on ford. I don’t think it’s just ford though I hear lots of people having issues with rona era cars. 

1 hour ago, Jerry 976 said:

First

O

Race

Day

Fixed 👌 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

My parents edge ST blew a tranny with low miles it was around 20k. It got fixed under warranty and traded in immediately after for a genesis. Life long ford family always had at least one I don’t think they’ll be going back anytime soon that ordeal soured them on ford. I don’t think it’s just ford though I hear lots of people having issues with rona era cars. 

Fixed 👌 

Fucked 

Over

Rebuilt

Dodge

:thumbsup:

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, HSR said:

Worker: Can't make it in to work Boss, can't drive the Bronco. Steering may lock up.

Boss: Well take your SXS that you are always bragging about!!!!

Worker: Can't drive it, it's a Polaris it may catch fire

Boss: Well take the snowmobile trail here on your "ultimate trail sled" that you rave about!!!!!!

Worker: Nigga please, recall ain't done and it may EXPLODE!!

You nailed it ! Definitely a sign of the fukking times we,re living in. What a klusterfukkkkk !

Edited by Frostynuts