Check your account email address ×

The answer to stopping mass shootings

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

How do other countries do it then?

It depends . Euopean countries dont have as many criminals, hence , less crime. Many african and central American countries have a far higher rate of crime than ours. Yet many of those have much tougher gun laws. Mexico ( even thou not part of central america ) has very tough gun laws. The result of those same laws here would have the same result. ( not crime rates as high , but no change to crime rates )

8 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Liberals will hate what I am about to say....ready?
Want to stop mass shootings and school shootings?

DISCIPLINE YOUR FUCKING KIDS.

Discipline doesn’t overcome all mental health issues though.  

Forcing parental discipline and removing guns are both removal of rights issues.

Neal

Just now, steve from amherst said:

It depends . Euopean countries dont have as many criminals, hence , less crime. Many african and central American countries have a far higher rate of crime than ours. Yet many of those have much tougher gun laws. Mexico ( even thou not part of central america ) has very tough gun laws. The result of those same laws here would have the same result. ( not crime rates as high , but no change to crime rates )

Crime does not equal deaths though always. I can admit I've felt safer in Africa than I did in places in Detroit.

:lol:

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

No one says take away guns from only law abiding citizens.  You are being obtuse.  

Neal

Then what are they saying ? Because most of what I hear is either something that is already , something irrelavent , or something that is feelgood and will do nothing.

Im all in favor of increasing penalties for illegal posession , posession of stolen , and straw purchases. Yet I hardly ever hear any anti's wanting any of those.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

fucking cigarettes kill over 400k a year. you gun grabbers should focus on taking those away

Society curtailed lots of avenues regarding 2nd hand/non-chosen smoking situations, taking rights away from smokers impacting others. Do you think similar removal of rights from gun owners near/around non-gun owners should be deployed similarly?  There are some instances where that’s the case already.

Neal

5 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Discipline doesn’t overcome all mental health issues though.  

Forcing parental discipline and removing guns are both removal of rights issues.

Neal

Part of that problem is it is tough for any parent to admit their kid is a fucking fruitloop. Even thou many know it, few will admit it and seek help.

22 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Timothy McVeigh just laughed hysterically at you. 

168 killed / 28 years ago = 6 people per year.

20,100 killed / 1 year (2022) = 20,100 people per year.  

That’s excluding suicides btw.  

It would take a Timothy McVeigh bombing every three days to equal our non-suicide gun deaths from last year.

Neal

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It would take a Timothy McVeigh bombing every three days to equal our non-suicide gun deaths from last year.

Neal

Do you truely beleive that if there were no guns people who want to kill would not seek out other meathods ?

Steve  he/ him

• Thanks 2

The guy that shot up all those kids at Michigan state was caught carrying without a permit 4 years ago. Felony charge bargained down to a misdemeanor?

WTF? With a felony charge he wouldn’t have been able to get a gun legally. We keep letting these guys walk and this is what you get. Duh, more crime.

9 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

You missed the point................whoooooosh!

27 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

No, you are just being a typical dumb Liberal.

Not at all, I am just showing that the only solution to the problem is one people don't presently wish to deal with by losing their right to have guns.  I'm not promoting or saying that guns should be taken away.  I'm saying that's a solution to vast majority of mass killings in our country, yet society is not willing to give up the ownership of guns right to bring that solution about.  I'm able to separate the two.

Neal

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Not at all, I am just showing that the only solution to the problem is one people don't presently wish to deal with by losing their right to have guns.  I'm not promoting or saying that guns should be taken away.  I'm saying that's a solution to vast majority of mass killings in our country, yet society is not willing to give up the ownership of guns right to bring that solution about.  I'm able to separate the two.

Neal

That's way law-abiding folks should be armed.

Just now, snoughnut said:

You missed the point................whoooooosh!

I don't believe so.  The point of other tools for mass killings has already been brought out.  Non-gun mass killings are infinitesimal fraction of mass killing deaths.  Guns are by far the most used tool for mass killings in our country.

Or perhaps you are right and I missed the point, was the point something other than tools other than guns used for mass killings? 

Neal

29 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Without guns nearly all of that hijacking surrounding mass killings goes away though… 

Neal

We already agreed that is not happening.  The same people who were carrying signs and screaming into a bull horn about abortion have now switched to guns.  The fringe gets the attention . On both sides. 

17 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Part of that problem is it is tough for any parent to admit their kid is a fucking fruitloop. Even thou many know it, few will admit it and seek help.

Agreed.  Our son was having problems in high school.  Not like he was going to shoot up the school problem, but he was struggling.  We took him to get help.  
It was tough!!!!!

We didn’t ignore him, tell him snap out of it, buy him a gun. 🙄

He is doing great now as a young adult.  Who knows what would of happened had his mom and me been too busy with ourselves and posting about our perfect kids and  life on FB. 

• Thanks 1

Can we agree that in the US there is a large population of people who currently have easy access to guns that shouldn't have ie: mentally unstable?

I mean the fact that more kids died due to gun violence in 2022 in the US than the Ukraine is disturbing no :dunno:

14 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We already agreed that is not happening.  The same people who were carrying signs and screaming into a bull horn about abortion have now switched to guns.  The fringe gets the attention . On both sides. 

Agreed.  Our son was having problems in high school.  Not like he was going to shoot up the school problem, but he was struggling.  We took him to get help.  
It was tough!!!!!

We didn’t ignore him, tell him snap out of it, buy him a gun. 🙄

He is doing great now as a young adult.  Who knows what would of happened had his mom and me been too busy with ourselves and posting about our perfect kids and  life on FB. 

I think we all agreed nothing substantial will be done.  There is no avenue to fix this problem that doesn't reduce rights of citizens.  People don't want that, it is better off to simply ignore the issue, or offer simple lip service.

Neal

School shootings only became a thing when parents stopped disciplining their kids, it's a shame silicon valley/social media has intoxicated youth and pushed a bunch of degenerate liberal ideologies. Now if you try to spank your child on the ass, which many kids need, they can call CPS on you.

You voted for less discipline and accountability, you got it.
You voted for child fucking and degeneracy, you got it.

Edited by stinkipinki

16 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I think we all agreed nothing substantial will be done.  There is no avenue to fix this problem that doesn't reduce rights of citizens.  People don't want that, it is better off to simply ignore the issue, or offer simple lip service.

Neal

I think if we can call people out for saying thoughts and prayers we can call also call others out on meaningless word salad, ignoring urban gun violence,ignoring mental illness,   and talking about changing voting laws. No one really wants a honest discussion.