Check your account email address ×

The answer to stopping mass shootings

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, XCR1250 said:

Guns kill no one, people kill people by the many means available to them..

And if there's no guns the people wouldn't use them to kill people. 

Why do you think Indians started using guns instead of bow and arrows? Because it was easier to kill alot of people at once.

9 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

correct , it isnt. Yet a lot more then 1/2 of those collisions resulting in death are avoidable

Agreed and indisputable but again no comparison to mass shootings,same goes for smoking. It falls back to people not wanting to have a serious discussion on gun control. Some feel that "all or nothing" are the only options.

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Nope, I'm not, guns don't kill people.

Readily available guns make killing people soooooo much easier though, you can't argue that.

Thunder Bay Ont. was the murder capital of Canada again last year(per capita) and none of the 15 murders were with guns:thumb: Now do I know that number would be far higher if the Native street gangs could get handguns? Yes I can confidently say it would be far worse.

Just now, Steve753 said:

And if there's no guns the people wouldn't use them to kill people. 

Why do you think Indians started using guns instead of bow and arrows? Because it was easier to kill alot of people at once.

Bombs are easier than guns and easy to build.

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

Agreed and indisputable but again no comparison to mass shootings,same goes for smoking. It falls back to people not wanting to have a serious discussion on gun control. Some feel that "all or nothing" are the only options.

Readily available guns make killing people soooooo much easier though, you can't argue that.

Thunder Bay Ont. was the murder capital of Canada again last year(per capita) and none of the 15 murders were with guns:thumb: Now do I know that number would be far higher if the Native street gangs could get handguns? Yes I can confidently say it would be far worse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Look at the differance between MA and NH . MA has very strict gun laws. NH has no laws aside from federal

6 minutes ago, HSR said:

Im a lot more concerned with drivers with cell phones then I ever will be about guns. No one ever fucked me up with a gun. I wish I could say that about drivers with cell phones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Look at the differance between MA and NH . MA has very strict gun laws. NH has no laws aside from federal

Do they have similar standards of living,population and ethnic diversity?? I have zero idea.

It's easy to cherry pick areas to back either side of the discussion so not really a great point. 

We can agree that smoking deaths among countries that smoke are similar and same for countries that drive, but what developed country can challenge the US on gun related murder/mass shootings/school shootings?

BTW I'm not a gun control freak, I just think something has to change. The US is the main supplier of illegal guns in Canada.

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

Do they have similar standards of living,population and ethnic diversity?? I have zero idea.

It's easy to cherry pick areas to back either side of the discussion so not really a great point. 

We can agree that smoking deaths among countries that smoke are similar and same for countries that drive, but what developed country can challenge the US on gun related murder/mass shootings/school shootings?

BTW I'm not a gun control freak, I just think something has to change. The US is the main supplier of illegal guns in Canada.

How many people killed by bombs in Canada? They're real easy to make I've been told!!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Ma has a little higher income / education level.

NH is definatly whiter then MA 

NH also has an older population , older people tend to kill a little less.

If Canada worked with the US ATF they could put  a stop to illegal guns. That would be a lot of work. No one wants to do it.

Just now, Steve753 said:

How many people killed by bombs in Canada? They're real easy to make I've been told!!!!

Not as many since the cops cracked down after danny got killed.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-biker-war-victim-daniel-desrochers-11-remembered-20-years-later-1.3184885

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Bikers loved their bombs.

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Bikers loved their bombs.

especially Canadian bikers, as guns are harder to come by. Kinda like when I want steak for dinner but we dont have any . Ill eat the chicken.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HSR said:

Maybe let all the people incarcerated for selling a plant free and then make it automatic 25 years for possession of illegal firearms. No exceptions, no reductions.

works for me