Check your account email address ×

The answer to stopping mass shootings

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We can cure obesity by outlawing food too,  but let’s be honest it isn’t happening.  So why waste time on stupid, meaningless solutions.  The guns are going nowhere.  

Indeed.  Or at least outlawing processed foods.

I agree guns are going nowhere.  The amount of shootings and death from guns will have to increase drastically for anything to change.

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

:dunno:  a few "people" hyjacked  some airplanes with box cutters, No guns involved how did that turn out?? 

Same but not the same. It's alot easier to kill the masses with a gun. Surely you can see the difference. 

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Indeed.  Or at least outlawing processed foods.

I agree guns are going nowhere.  The amount of shootings and death from guns will have to increase drastically for anything to change.

Neal

Guns are part of American culture.  If the government thought they could ban guns they would of done it long ago.  

• Like 2

Just now, Steve753 said:

Same but not the same. It's alot easier to kill the masses with a gun. Surely you can see the difference. 

I can, but like I said bad people will still do bad things no matter what, guns or no guns, car, truck, bombs.....:thumbsup:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Adding more humans with guns will only increase the number of mass shootings.  The only way to eradicate, or nearly so is to remove all, or nearly all guns.  That seems unlikely to happen.  Amending the constitution isn’t a trivial ordeal.

Neal

BULL!

37 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Let’s go backwards to the Wild West…yeah…yeah that’s a good idea….everyone gets issued a gun at birth and the gun death rate will go down….yeah…yeah.

Fuckin idiots.

You watch too many fake Westerns.

24 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The number deaths that caused two decades ago is a fraction of the yearly deaths guns cause.  

Neal

Lot more illegals here now, whole population is much higher than 2 decades ago.

23 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

I can, but like I said bad people will still do bad things no matter what, guns or no guns, car, truck, bombs.....:thumbsup:

Indeed, but the level, and impact on the school age citizens would dramatically decrease.  We as a society don’t have the motivation to do that.

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

What I said isn’t bullshit.  It’s the way it is.

Neal

It's pretty safe to say if there weren't any guns in the usa there'd be much less mass shootings.

39 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Not at all, the more guns we have the more shootings we have.  That’s common sense and easily understandable.  Our love of hun and hun rights country will have a hard battle to change the way we operate with guns.  I don’t see anything significant changing in the near future.  The amount of death and shootings that guns contribute to is not yet enough to overthrow the rights granted by the constitution.  Perhaps it will someday be so, but not for a long time, as far as I see.

Neal

We don't have a gun problem, we have a mental health problem, as usual you're dead wrong. 

25 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Yes, but still killed a lot of people with out using a gun..

So do spoons.

Again the amount of needless deaths we see for school age kids would go next to zero.  People don’t want to admit they would rather keep guns than eliminate school shootings though.  That’s the reality we live in.

Neal

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Indeed, but the level, and impact on the school age citizens would dramatically decrease.  We as a society don’t have the motivation to do that.

Neal

I blame the parents and the younger ones getting their hands on guns. Yes I'm old, we settled disagreements  differently Back in the day, we were taught to respect guns. I have all kinds of guns they haven't killed anyone yet and I hope they never do.

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

It's pretty safe to say if there weren't any guns in the usa there'd be much less mass shootings.

Yup, if no one has a gun it would work, but criminals will always have them leaving everyone else with zero way to defend themselves.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Yup, if no one has a gun it would work, but criminals will always have them leaving everyone else with zero way to defend themselves.

Most people who mass kill are not criminals originally in most cases.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

You tell us.

Mental health will always be a problem. You're never going to get rid of it.