Check your account email address ×

What's up with that Ohio train derailment

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Steve753 said:

The fact is you're a brainwashed minion Gregory. You have not one original thought of your own.

:bc:

I’m one of the few on here with original thoughts - that’s why you and many others are triggered by my presence and posts on here.  Your empty rhetoric is a prime example of the type of herd mentality you’re a part of.  Your above post is nothing more than frustration on your end and mindless stupidity.  Empty post Sthevie.  Keep up the good work :lol: 

10 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Sure they would.  Under D leadership black lives would matter instead of the bigoted pro oligarch policies of your Repugs.  Protect oligarchs and demonize others at all cost.  Repugs represent the last stand of the white male power structure.  Perfect meme for Repugs 

8C734EAA-CED9-40D6-ADD0-D629B8BBB886.jpeg

The Inconvenient Truth About The Democrat Party

Carol Swain

:news:

When you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party comes to mind? The Republicans? Or, the Democrats? Most people would probably say the Democrats. But this answer is incorrect. Since its founding in 1829, the Democratic Party has fought against every major civil rights initiative, and has a long history of discrimination. The Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction, founded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought against the civil rights acts of the 1950s and 1960s. In contrast, the Republican Party was founded in 1854 as an anti-slavery party. Its mission was to stop the spread of slavery into the new western territories with the aim of abolishing it entirely. This effort, however, was dealt a major blow by the Supreme Court. In the 1857 case Dred Scott v. Sandford, the court ruled that slaves aren’t citizens; they’re property. The seven justices who voted in favor of slavery? All Democrats. The two justices who dissented? Both Republicans. The slavery question was, of course, ultimately resolved by a bloody civil war. The commanderin-chief during that war was the first Republican President, Abraham Lincoln – the man who freed the slaves. Six days after the Confederate army surrendered, John Wilkes Booth, a Democrat, assassinated President Lincoln. Lincoln’s vice president, a Democrat named Andrew Johnson, assumed the presidency. But Johnson adamantly opposed Lincoln’s plan to integrate the newly freed slaves into the South’s economic and social order. Johnson and the Democratic Party were unified in their opposition to the 13th Amendment, which abolished slavery; the 14th Amendment, which gave blacks citizenship; and the 15th Amendment, which gave blacks the vote. All three passed only because of universal Republican support. During the era of Reconstruction, federal troops stationed in the south helped secure rights for the newly freed slaves. Hundreds of black men were elected to southern state legislatures as Republicans, and 22 black Republicans served in the US Congress by 1900. The Democrats did not elect a black man to Congress until 1935. But after Reconstruction ended, when the federal troops went home, Democrats roared back Free Courses for Free Minds .com into power in the South. They quickly reestablished white supremacy across the region with measures like black codes – laws that restricted the ability of blacks to own property and run businesses. And they imposed poll taxes and literacy tests, used to subvert the black citizen’s right to vote. And how was all of this enforced? By terror -- much of it instigated by the Ku Klux Klan, founded by a Democrat, Nathan Bedford Forrest. As historian Eric Foner - himself a Democrat - notes: “In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party.” President Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat, shared many views with the Klan. He re-segregated many federal agencies, and even screened the first movie ever played at the White House - the racist film “The Birth of a Nation,” originally entitled “The Clansman.” A few decades later, the only serious congressional opposition to the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 came from Democrats. Eighty percent of Republicans in Congress supported the bill. Less than 70 percent of Democrats did. Democratic senators filibustered the bill for 75 days, until Republicans mustered the few extra votes needed to break the logjam. And when all of their efforts to enslave blacks, keep them enslaved, and then keep them from voting had failed, the Democrats came up with a new strategy: If black people are going to vote, they might as well vote for Democrats. As President Lyndon Johnson was purported to have said about the Civil Rights Act, “I’ll have them n*****s voting Democrat for two hundred years.” So now, the Democratic Party prospers on the votes of the very people it has spent much of its history oppressing. Democrats falsely claim that the Republican Party is the villain, when in reality it’s the failed policies of the Democratic Party that have kept blacks down. Massive government welfare has decimated the black family. Opposition to school choice has kept them trapped in failing schools. Politically correct policing has left black neighborhoods defenseless against violent crime. So, when you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party should come to mind? I’m Carol Swain, professor of political science and law at Vanderbilt University, for Prager University.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Ohio Train derailment thread bud.  :thumb: 

Not a history thread or another thread where you incessantly ask me about who I voted for since I turned 18 or anything else that you want to turn this into

Yep.  And posts on this thread are about how the government responded.  So let’s not forget the previous responses of led by orange man cult leader.  Besides - how many threads veer off topic and you remain silent? 

Just now, SnowRider said:

Yep.  And posts on this thread are about how the government responded.  So let’s not forget the previous responses of led by orange man cult leader.  Besides - how many threads veer off topic and you remain silent? 

Bud wud a bout Trump again??? 

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

I’m one of the few on here with original thoughts - that’s why you and many others are triggered by my presence and posts on here.  Your empty rhetoric is a prime example of the type of herd mentality you’re a part of.  Your above post is nothing more than frustration on your end and mindless stupidity.  Empty post Sthevie.  Keep up the good work :lol: 

You'll defend your party at all costs Gregory.

:bc:

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lol: 

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

I defend ideas and principles - something most on here have forfeited.  

You defend what your party tells you to. You have not one original thought in your head. Everything you say is regurgitated bullshit you've been told to say Gregory.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

The Inconvenient Truth About The Democrat Party

Carol Swain

:news:

When you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party comes to mind? The Republicans? Or, the Democrats? Most people would probably say the Democrats. But this answer is incorrect. Since its founding in 1829, the Democratic Party has fought against every major civil rights initiative, and has a long history of discrimination. The Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction, founded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought against the civil rights acts of the 1950s and 1960s. In contrast, the Republican Party was founded in 1854 as an anti-slavery party. Its mission was to stop the spread of slavery into the new western territories with the aim of abolishing it entirely. This effort, however, was dealt a major blow by the Supreme Court. In the 1857 case Dred Scott v. Sandford, the court ruled that slaves aren’t citizens; they’re property. The seven justices who voted in favor of slavery? All Democrats. The two justices who dissented? Both Republicans. The slavery question was, of course, ultimately resolved by a bloody civil war. The commanderin-chief during that war was the first Republican President, Abraham Lincoln – the man who freed the slaves. Six days after the Confederate army surrendered, John Wilkes Booth, a Democrat, assassinated President Lincoln. Lincoln’s vice president, a Democrat named Andrew Johnson, assumed the presidency. But Johnson adamantly opposed Lincoln’s plan to integrate the newly freed slaves into the South’s economic and social order. Johnson and the Democratic Party were unified in their opposition to the 13th Amendment, which abolished slavery; the 14th Amendment, which gave blacks citizenship; and the 15th Amendment, which gave blacks the vote. All three passed only because of universal Republican support. During the era of Reconstruction, federal troops stationed in the south helped secure rights for the newly freed slaves. Hundreds of black men were elected to southern state legislatures as Republicans, and 22 black Republicans served in the US Congress by 1900. The Democrats did not elect a black man to Congress until 1935. But after Reconstruction ended, when the federal troops went home, Democrats roared back Free Courses for Free Minds .com into power in the South. They quickly reestablished white supremacy across the region with measures like black codes – laws that restricted the ability of blacks to own property and run businesses. And they imposed poll taxes and literacy tests, used to subvert the black citizen’s right to vote. And how was all of this enforced? By terror -- much of it instigated by the Ku Klux Klan, founded by a Democrat, Nathan Bedford Forrest. As historian Eric Foner - himself a Democrat - notes: “In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party.” President Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat, shared many views with the Klan. He re-segregated many federal agencies, and even screened the first movie ever played at the White House - the racist film “The Birth of a Nation,” originally entitled “The Clansman.” A few decades later, the only serious congressional opposition to the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 came from Democrats. Eighty percent of Republicans in Congress supported the bill. Less than 70 percent of Democrats did. Democratic senators filibustered the bill for 75 days, until Republicans mustered the few extra votes needed to break the logjam. And when all of their efforts to enslave blacks, keep them enslaved, and then keep them from voting had failed, the Democrats came up with a new strategy: If black people are going to vote, they might as well vote for Democrats. As President Lyndon Johnson was purported to have said about the Civil Rights Act, “I’ll have them n*****s voting Democrat for two hundred years.” So now, the Democratic Party prospers on the votes of the very people it has spent much of its history oppressing. Democrats falsely claim that the Republican Party is the villain, when in reality it’s the failed policies of the Democratic Party that have kept blacks down. Massive government welfare has decimated the black family. Opposition to school choice has kept them trapped in failing schools. Politically correct policing has left black neighborhoods defenseless against violent crime. So, when you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party should come to mind? I’m Carol Swain, professor of political science and law at Vanderbilt University, for Prager University.

That's way too much for @SnowRiderto read, much less comprehend :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SnowRider said:

I defend ideas and principles - something most on here have forfeited.  

Hey SnowRectum, care to comment on the article I posted above. It was written by an educated professor of political science and law. :snack:

8 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Hey SnowRectum, care to comment on the article I posted above. It was written by an educated professor of political science and law. :snack:

Pure garbage going back nearly 150+ years. The here and now is no comparison.  :thumbsup:  Who do minorities support?  I think they know better than your racist white ass :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Pure garbage going back nearly 150+ years. The here and now is no comparison.  :thumbsup:  Who do minorities support?  I think they know better than your racist white ass :thumbsup:

You didn’t seem to mind going back years to lie about kavanough?    Poor lil guy, such a pathetic sheep.  :lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SnowRider said:

75x180.jpg

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

It's pure garbage when facts are presented but when it's lies, you agree, you're a pathetic hack. Don't call me a racist, I'm not a racist........grow up you petulant juvenile.

• Like 1

Just now, snoughnut said:

It's pure garbage when facts are presented but when it's lies, you agree, you're a pathetic hack. Don't call me a racist, I'm not a racist........grow up you petulant juvenile.

You may or may not be a racist but you’ve made the decision that racism is not an important issue.  If you did - you wouldn’t be a Repug.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You may or may not be a racist but you’ve made the decision that racism is not an important issue.  If you did - you wouldn’t be a Repug.

Here’s a piece of advice for you, try not being such a massive dickhead all the time. I know it will be difficult for you but at least give it a shot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Did someone mention Niggers....:lol::bc:

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1
  • Haha 1