Check your account email address ×

So, the doctor that was dragged off that united flight?

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

maybe, but that was coming regardless.

Termination clause in the contract. You fire me I get 78 million. :lol: I don't know the numbers exactly but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

What? Then you can ship yourself all the drugs you want and you won't get ripped off by street dealers...

That would have never been a thought. :lmao:

Thanks for the tip...i think. :lol:

6 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Better off shipping your things UPS a couple days before you fly, especially if you have connecting flights, etc.

We had a direct flight, wife paid extra for reserved seating. Of course they overbooked and when we woke up to leave we got an email that our flight had been cancelled. Go to the airport and my wife argues with the ticket agent, they really didn't give a shit. Now we have a connecting flight. Our plane was late leaving so we missed our connecting flight. Get to somewhere in California and they can't get us to San Francisco til the next day. Wife says fuck you get me on a plane tonight, even if it's on another airline. They book us on an American Eagle with is a puddle jumper. We have to walk down onto the tarmac get on a bus, drive across the runways to a shack and get on a prop plane. Finally get to San Francisco 14 hours later where the week long search for our bags begins. I won't bore you with the ridiculous customer service that goes with that. We made the best of the trip and had a great time anyway. Done with United tho. 

10 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Better off shipping your things UPS a couple days before you fly, especially if you have connecting flights, etc.

Or pay extra for reserved seating on a direct flight? :lol:

13 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

i thought you were going to try telling me he's top talent that would be hard to replace. like most other rww responses :lol:

Nope they are gonna be dragging him out the door while he tries to cling to his mahogany desk.:lol:

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

We had a direct flight, wife paid extra for reserved seating. Of course they overbooked and when we woke up to leave we got an email that our flight had been cancelled. Go to the airport and my wife argues with the ticket agent, they really didn't give a shit. Now we have a connecting flight. Our plane was late leaving so we missed our connecting flight. Get to somewhere in California and they can't get us to San Francisco til the next day. Wife says fuck you get me on a plane tonight, even if it's on another airline. They book us on an American Eagle with is a puddle jumper. We have to walk down onto the tarmac get on a bus, drive across the runways to a shack and get on a prop plane. Finally get to San Francisco 14 hours later where the week long search for our bags begins. I won't bore you with the ridiculous customer service that goes with that. We made the best of the trip and had a great time anyway. Done with United tho. 

And thats what i would do..its your only recourse....dont fly with them again...

33 minutes ago, Anler said:

Back when I was on a plane every other week I would say United/continental was my distant last choice. Losing luggage seemed to be a specialty for them and their last minute pricing on tickets was just ridiculous.

I used to fly 3x/month.  Bout 70k miles a year.  Even with premium "customer loyalties", I just got sick of the fuckery and hassle of it all.  If it was less than 7 hours by car, I just drove to avoid the airline bullshit.  Flying used to be a lot better if you were loyal to one carrier.  9/11 gave the airlines proxy permission to treat everyone like cattle shit...and they gladly obliged.  Even had to start paying for drinks in the sky club lounges!!!!!!!!  Fuckers.

52 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Exactly what we do.

When we cruise, we book a night at a hotel the day of departure and the day of return. We overnight our stuff down and overnight our stuff back. WE always buy a ton of shit while there, and the extra charges for the weight would be stupid.

Never failed.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I used to fly 3x/month.  Bout 70k miles a year.  Even with premium "customer loyalties", I just got sick of the fuckery and hassle of it all.  If it was less than 7 hours by car, I just drove to avoid the airline bullshit.  Flying used to be a lot better if you were loyal to one carrier.  9/11 gave the airlines proxy permission to treat everyone like cattle shit...and they gladly obliged.  Even had to start paying for drinks in the sky club lounges!!!!!!!!  Fuckers.

I started to use Southwest quite a bit the last few years on the road.  You get a business select seating which means you get on the plane in the first 25 people and sit where you want. Not many direct flights inside the US any more so you were always going to catch a connector so flights rarely went over 3 hours. They only lost my luggage once in 3 years and even then got it back to my hotel in 6 hours. Just bare bones get me where I need to go and hold the crappy airplane food and drinks. Jet blue is good for this as well they just don't cover as many destinations.

21 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Back when I was on a plane every other week I would say United/continental was my distant last choice. Losing luggage seemed to be a specialty for them and their last minute pricing on tickets was just ridiculous.

When I was a kid (70' & 80's) my mom had the glamour job as a "travel agent". We used to go all over super cheap. Her company flew exclusively with united and we always had great service. My experience last year was the first time I have flown with them since the early 90's. We had the worst experience. And now talking with other people it seems like that's who they have been for a while now. As far as I'm concerned this recent bad exposure is karma for those mother fuckers. 

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Textron is installing asshole seeking missiles on the 2018 Cat's, Ski-Doo riders beware :lol:  

With cat history you have a better chance of getting blown up than any skidoo rider. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

When I was a kid (70' & 80's) my mom had the glamour job as a "travel agent". We used to go all over super cheap. Her company flew exclusively with united and we always had great service. My experience last year was the first time I have flown with them since the early 90's. We had the worst experience. And now talking with other people it seems like that's who they have been for a while now. As far as I'm concerned this recent bad exposure is karma for those mother fuckers. 

My wife did the travel agent thing for awhile....lots of dirt cheap trips....hate paying normal price now.

Just now, Dave said:

My wife did the travel agent thing for awhile....lots of dirt cheap trips....hate paying normal price now.

Went to Hawaii 3 times as a kid. Hotels were all free and we got comped everywhere because she had this card identifying herself as a travel professional. Can't imagine what one of those trips would cost me today with a family of 4.

Just now, Anler said:

Went to Hawaii 3 times as a kid. Hotels were all free and we got comped everywhere because she had this card identifying herself as a travel professional. Can't imagine what one of those trips would cost me today with a family of 4.

:bc:

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Always fascinated how personally and emotionally invested people get in some of these events.

I know.  It's funny to me too.  if you didn't know better by watching the news and reading these posts....nine heavily armed, locked and loaded, United Airline gangsters with flack vests and bats converged on a single elderly man and beat him half to death for no reason at all before they drug him from the plane and threw him on the tarmac to bleed out and die while his helpless family watched in horror. 

Just his unlucky day is all.  Hey...when your number comes up..........

:lol: