Check your account email address ×

So, the doctor that was dragged off that united flight?

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You sound like you're worth partying with.  You'd have a ball with me when I get sideways. :lol: I'm getting old and fat and tired and my pain from the years is getting tougher every day....but the hair on the back of my neck still stands up like wire and my adrenaline levels can still launch rockets.  Been about two and a half since I've had a good "dust up", but it's not for the lack of trying.  Thought I found some real nice "huckleberries" last St. Patties day....but got sidelined by some fuckers thinking they were helping me out!  I DON'T WANT HELP!  I was slowly luring some squirrels into eating out of my hand and here come some fucking yahoos throwing bowls full of nuts at them!  Oh well...still a fun night.

:lol: I'm retired ....now its just fun to recall the stories over beers with my buddies. When your a kid you can shake off a busted hand or sore jaw. Not so much anymore. I'm 37 today and while I still feel pretty damn good I'm certainly not 25 anymore

Just now, f7ben said:

:lol: I'm retired ....now its just fun to recall the stories over beers with my buddies. When your a kid you can shake off a busted hand or sore jaw. Not so much anymore. I'm 37 today and while I still feel pretty damn good I'm certainly not 25 anymore

:lol:....I wish

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

ZERO TOLERANCE is zero tolerance on airliners.  Stop trying to defend the victim from me.  I'm not attacking him.  Just laying out a thought process not so oddly missing here of how this all went wrong.

And Im trying to point out, like other are, that if the police didn't unlawfully remove the guy there likely would not have been a disturbance at all.

11 hours ago, Anler said:

Went to Hawaii 3 times as a kid. Hotels were all free and we got comped everywhere because she had this card identifying herself as a travel professional. Can't imagine what one of those trips would cost me today with a family of 4.

Pull the fishhooks out of the pockets and stop imagining :bc: 

Just now, Kivalo said:

And Im trying to point out, like other are, that if the police didn't unlawfully remove the guy there likely would not have been a disturbance at all.

"likely"? :lol:

The system broke down starting at the idiotic decisions made by the airline employee that clearly couldn't make a sound decision about this easy to fix situation.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave said:

The beating will stop others from acting inappropriate in the future as well.

WRONG; United has issued a new policy to avoid fucking with paying customers in the future.

United Airlines issues a new policy requiring crews to be booked sooner

United Airlines just made another policy change aimed at preventing a fiasco like the one it endured this week.

The company said late Friday that it will now require commuting staff and crew members to check into flights 60 minutes prior to departure.

The policy change comes in the wake of a highly publicized incident on April 9 in which a paying customer who had already boarded was violently dragged off the aircraft by law enforcement officers. United later said a seat was needed for a commuting crew member, and no one had volunteered to leave the plane.

It's legal to bump a ticket-holding customer off of a flight -- but it's not customary to kick someone off a plane once he or she has boarded.

Had the commuting crew member been required to check in for the flight before passengers began boarding, United could have denied a customer boarding before he or she was seated.

"This [policy change] ensures situations like flight 3411 never happen again. This is one of our initial steps in a review of our policies in order to deliver the best customer experience," said United spokesperson Maggie Schmerin in a statement.

Earlier this week, United CEO Oscar Munoz said on ABC's "Good Morning America" that if the airline ever does need to boot a paying customer off a flight, law enforcement officers will no longer be involved.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/15/news/companies/united-airlines-crew-member-boarding/

9 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I don't have fish hooks. I just don't see it as a place I need to go again. Lots of other places I'd like to go before I go back there for the 5th time. 

15 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

WRONG; United has issued a new policy to avoid fucking with paying customers in the future.

So it wont stop inappropriate behavior?

19 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The kids haven't been there :bc: 

Not really a kids destination. Just got back from a week in the keys and they were dicks the entire time and hated every minute of it. Not even considering taking them to Hawaii at this time.

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

Not really a kids destination. Just got back from a week in the keys and they were dicks the entire time and hated every minute of it. Not even considering taking them to Hawaii at this time.

I agree.....unless you camp at the 2 state parks...key west is definitely no place for children.

Edited by Dave

43 minutes ago, Anler said:

The fort is fun and the beach is decent. 

The aquarium is kinda cool, but small. 

It's good for a day trip with kids, but after sunset it's definitely just a party

8 hours ago, Anler said:

I don't have fish hooks. I just don't see it as a place I need to go again. Lots of other places I'd like to go before I go back there for the 5th time. 

Once was enough for us.  

17 hours ago, spin_dry said:

interesting....and very just. 

Remind me not to party with you..

Yes, by all means, kill a cop for trying to, right or wrong, arrest you. :lol:

John Bad Elk v. United States, 177 U.S. 529 (1900), was a case in which the United States Supreme Court held that an individual had the right to use force to resist an unlawful arrest and was entitled to a jury instruction to that effect. In 1889, a tribal police officer, John Bad Elk, shot and killed another tribal police officer who was attempting to arrest Bad Elk without a warrant, on a misdemeanor charge, for a crime allegedly committed outside of the presence of the arresting officer. The Supreme Court reversed his conviction, noting that a person had the right to resist an unlawful arrest, and in the case of a death, murder may be reduced to manslaughter. The Supreme Court held the arrest to be unlawful due, in part, to the lack of a valid warrant. This case has been widely cited on the internet, but is no longer considered good law in a growing number of jurisdictions. Most states have, either by statute or by case law, removed the unlawful arrest defense for resisting arrest.

In the 1960s, courts began to limit the right to resist an unlawful arrest, apparently influenced by Warner and by the Model Penal Code, which had eliminated the right.[33] In 1965, the first court struck down the right in New Jersey.[34]

Although a few states adopted the Uniform Arrest Act, a majority of the states did not.[fn 2] The Model Penal Code in 1962 eliminated the right to resist an unlawful arrest on two grounds.[36] First, there were better alternative means of resolving the issue; second, resistance would likely result in greater injury to the citizen without preventing the arrest.[37] By 2012, only fourteen states allowed a citizen to resist an unlawful arrest.[fn 3][39]

The case also received negative treatment in subsequent Supreme Court cases, from Carroll v. United States in 1925, on arrests and vehicle searches, to Atwater v. City of Lago Vista in 2001, holding that an arrest without a warrant, even for a misdemeanor, is lawful when authorized by statute.

The case has also been cited on various internet sites as giving citizens the authority to resist unlawful arrest. This claim is normally put forth in connection with a misquoted version of Plummer v. State.[40] The most commonly quoted version is:

"Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306 [sic]. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed."[41]

Modern sources citing Plummer and Bad Elk have tended to discuss the issue as defense against unlawful force; under contemporary law in most jurisdictions, a person may not use force to resist an unlawful arrest.[42] The Plummer quote has been noted to be a fabrication, not appearing in the text of the opinion.[43]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Elk_v._United_States

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Told the wife I wanted to do a 12 day cruise in the $8k plus suites.

She says "You pay it, and I'll go."

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

why would anyone from the midwest want to go to Hawaaiiii when the UP of michigan is so close

Ever been to the yoop in the summer time? Hawaii has NO bugs... No mosquitos, no flies, no ugly yooper women, no other annoying pests. Perfect sunny weather and 80 degrees. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, motonoggin said:

The fort is fun and the beach is decent. 

The aquarium is kinda cool, but small. 

It's good for a day trip with kids, but after sunset it's definitely just a party

You talking about key West? Yeah that is definitely an adult destination. Our resort was pretty sweet though and we found plenty of cool stuff to do. But we steered away from Duval Street after late afternoon...

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

You talking about key West? Yeah that is definitely an adult destination. Our resort was pretty sweet though and we found plenty of cool stuff to do. But we steered away from Duval Street after late afternoon...

What resort you stay at?

28 minutes ago, Snake said:

Remind me not to party with you..

Yes, by all means, kill a cop for trying to, right or wrong, arrest you. :lol:

John Bad Elk v. United States, 177 U.S. 529 (1900), was a case in which the United States Supreme Court held that an individual had the right to use force to resist an unlawful arrest and was entitled to a jury instruction to that effect. In 1889, a tribal police officer, John Bad Elk, shot and killed another tribal police officer who was attempting to arrest Bad Elk without a warrant, on a misdemeanor charge, for a crime allegedly committed outside of the presence of the arresting officer. The Supreme Court reversed his conviction, noting that a person had the right to resist an unlawful arrest, and in the case of a death, murder may be reduced to manslaughter. The Supreme Court held the arrest to be unlawful due, in part, to the lack of a valid warrant. This case has been widely cited on the internet, but is no longer considered good law in a growing number of jurisdictions. Most states have, either by statute or by case law, removed the unlawful arrest defense for resisting arrest.

In the 1960s, courts began to limit the right to resist an unlawful arrest, apparently influenced by Warner and by the Model Penal Code, which had eliminated the right.[33] In 1965, the first court struck down the right in New Jersey.[34]

Although a few states adopted the Uniform Arrest Act, a majority of the states did not.[fn 2] The Model Penal Code in 1962 eliminated the right to resist an unlawful arrest on two grounds.[36] First, there were better alternative means of resolving the issue; second, resistance would likely result in greater injury to the citizen without preventing the arrest.[37] By 2012, only fourteen states allowed a citizen to resist an unlawful arrest.[fn 3][39]

The case also received negative treatment in subsequent Supreme Court cases, from Carroll v. United States in 1925, on arrests and vehicle searches, to Atwater v. City of Lago Vista in 2001, holding that an arrest without a warrant, even for a misdemeanor, is lawful when authorized by statute.

The case has also been cited on various internet sites as giving citizens the authority to resist unlawful arrest. This claim is normally put forth in connection with a misquoted version of Plummer v. State.[40] The most commonly quoted version is:

"Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306 [sic]. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed."[41]

Modern sources citing Plummer and Bad Elk have tended to discuss the issue as defense against unlawful force; under contemporary law in most jurisdictions, a person may not use force to resist an unlawful arrest.[42] The Plummer quote has been noted to be a fabrication, not appearing in the text of the opinion.[43]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Elk_v._United_States

i don't view LEOS any differently than other people. an unjust assault on my being will get anyone the same in return. cops shit the same as anyone else. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

i don't view LEOS any differently than other people. an unjust assault on my being will get anyone the same in return. cops shit the same as anyone else. 

Just stating the facts ma'am. :news:

Congratulations on your bravado.