Check your account email address ×

Why nurses say they are striking and quitting in droves

6 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Forced Jabs did them no favors . 

Many left then. 

yup, lost a lot of good solid employees for incompetent lazy employees.   Being called racists and blamed for others poor health decisions didn't help either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member

I know a lot of people in the medical/Health professions and they all say Covid has ruined their jobs. 

Fucking sad. 

The patients are the worst they have ever been the way they treat Health Pros also. Demanding, no respect, no appreciation , etc. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I know a lot of people in the medical/Health professions and they all say Covid has ruined their jobs. 

Fucking sad. 

The patients are the worst they have ever been the way they treat Health Pros also. Demanding, no respect, no appreciation , etc. 

I think that is true,  no matter what profession you’re in.  Post Covid is a different world.  Great, if you’re lazy with no work ethic.  Those who take pride in their work and care….not so much. 

• Like 2

We talk about money with everything now.  A little appreciation goes a long way.  Whether you’re spending your money or providing a service, no one likes being treated like shit. 

• Like 2

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We talk about money with everything now.  A little appreciation goes a long way.  Whether you’re spending your money or providing a service, no one likes being treated like shit. 

Yup .....no surprise maineflunk misses the mark again. 

Nurses and other Health Pros make more money today then they ever have , its the way they are treated by the public and Hospitals/corporations. 

And they are understaffed due to Covid shutdowns/guidelines/restrictions and still haven't bounced back from that scam. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yup .....no surprise maineflunk misses the mark again. 

Nurses and other Health Pros make more money today then they ever have , its the way they are treated by the public and Hospitals/corporations. 

And they are understaffed due to Covid shutdowns/guidelines/restrictions and still haven't bounced back from that scam. 

Have you seen an increase in the past two years or even more recent?

I think its gonna get much worse.

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, Cold War said:

My daughter is in nursing school and currently is working in a hospital as a care aide and it doesn’t sound good. She is still enthusiastic about getting her degree and entering the nursing workforce but I do worry some.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

3 big problems in Nursing I see with my wife being a nurse.

1. Pay

2. the increasing requirements of a bachelors degree to be an RN.  Big education has its grubby hands so far into our healthcare it is sad.

3. patient entitlement and the burden it puts on the care takers

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My daughter is in nursing school and currently is working in a hospital as a care aide and it doesn’t sound good. She is still enthusiastic about getting her degree and entering the nursing workforce but I do worry some.

My niece jumped head first into nursing school, even after graduating from high school during the first year of this bullshit (2020) so she could be in nursing like her mother. She has changed her mind and will not be going into the medical field now. I don’t blame her a bit. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sure she’ll do fine with a good attitude.  My daughter went into neonatal and couldn’t handle it.  Too depressing dealing with the drug addicted babies.  Some of the stories are heart wrenching. 

13 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

3 big problems in Nursing I see with my wife being a nurse.

1. Pay

2. the increasing requirements of a bachelors degree to be an RN.  Big education has its grubby hands so far into our healthcare it is sad.

3. patient entitlement and the burden it puts on the care takers

3*. A growing obese population has added a whole new aspect to dealing with patients.  You need a crane to move some of these people around.  More health care workers are sustaining injuries. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Sure she’ll do fine with a good attitude.  My daughter went into neonatal and couldn’t handle it.  Too depressing dealing with the drug addicted babies.  Some of the stories are heart wrenching. 

3*. A growing obese population has added a whole new aspect to dealing with patients.  You need a crane to move some of these people around.  More health care workers are sustaining injuries. 

Have you looked at the latest fda food guide?

Frosted Mini Wheats near the top #3, who is funding this shit.

33 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I can’t even imagine trying to deal with shit like that…heart breaking. I will say my daughter has had to deal with situations that are eye opening but they should help prepare her as she moves into her career.👍🏼

Lots quitting here because our free health care has people polluting the ER looking for pills and they treat the nurses and doctors like absolute shit. Younger nurses are moving more into stuff like personal care 

• Gold Member

My mother has been in the hospital for 6 days now, COVID/Pneumonia.  She had to sit in the ER for 90 minutes to get triaged and then another 90 before she saw a Dr. Total ER time was 13hours. However the ER Dr was very good and very responsive.

Once admitted She's had 2 nurses who have been wonderful and the rest suck monkey balls. Communication with her Dr has been like pulling teeth.

Overall pretty crappy care with a couple of bright spots.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

My mother has been in the hospital for 6 days now, COVID/Pneumonia.  She had to sit in the ER for 90 minutes to get triaged and then another 90 before she saw a Dr. Total ER time was 13hours. However the ER Dr was very good and very responsive.

Once admitted She's had 2 nurses who have been wonderful and the rest suck monkey balls. Communication with her Dr has been like pulling teeth.

Overall pretty crappy care with a couple of bright spots.

Awww geez that stinks….here’s to a quick recovery. 👍🏼