Check your account email address ×

Lions/Packers Thread

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

As George W would say...... Mission accomplished

Rodgers you went out a loser

324671129_1287511395131270_2995999881825357955_n.thumb.jpg.6ae7ecdc39ef0e502648ac5d602ecf0a.jpg

I get that this is your Super Bowl, but I don't think most GB fans see this as the flex you think it is.  If there's anyone in the NFC North I'd like to see become the new dominant team, it's the Lions.  That fan base and organization deserves success.  Any team with Jamaal Williams on it has a strong candidacy for being my second favorite team.  Lions probably did us a favor and improved our draft position.  There's no way this team was doing squat against the 49ers D.

I just hope we pick Detroit's first round target since we'll be picking before you this go-round... :)

Now, Go TCU!  After tonight, I don't really give a shit about football until September.

• Like 2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Matt said:

I get that this is your Super Bowl, but I don't think most GB fans see this as the flex you think it is.  If there's anyone in the NFC North I'd like to see become the new dominant team, it's the Lions.  That fan base and organization deserves success.  Any team with Jamaal Williams on it has a strong candidacy for being my second favorite team.  Lions probably did us a favor and improved our draft position.  There's no way this team was doing squat against the 49ers D.

I just hope we pick Detroit's first round target since we'll be picking before you this go-round... :)

Now, Go TCU!  After tonight, I don't really give a shit about football until September.

When's the last time the Lions had something to flex about? Basically never and this isn't it either IMO. They beat the packers both times they played them this year. We got knocked out just before the game started so they just shared that a lil with GB. Lions had a good second half to the season, ended on a good note and I look forward to what they will do next season. Never been much of a Rodgers fan.

I'll be rooting for TCU as well  :bc: 

Edited by Skidooski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Definitely not "Go Vikings!" ... unless it's them against Seattle (and even then, I don't know if I could force myself to cheer for the Vikes) LOL    At this point, I'm a Bengals fan.  Otherwise, I would have been a Lions fan.

Congrats to the Lions, we had Lions fans sitting right behind us, they were cool dudes. 

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yep, Packers deserved to lose and be tossed to the curb to save any more embarrassment of making the playoffs and getting an ass whooping by the 49ers.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

D15638BE-E8C6-4EE3-BF25-AE670016DA61.thumb.jpeg.db748982d10a9557b9c7729c69ff4333.jpeg

Quay Walker has done some dumb things this year, that pic shows how frustrated he is with himself. He is going to be a good LB, he just needs to take control of his mental/emotional game, I see a bright future for him if he can do that. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Packers deserved everything they got last night IMO. Vikings one more game and gone!! 

Nah - the Vikes will squeak out another late comeback (whether it's their own, to win - or avoiding a late comeback by the Giants).  Whoever they match up against the following week is when they'll do their normal postseason collapse and Viking fans will celebrate the season by saying they at least dethroned the Packers as the North Champs.  Afterall, that's Viking fans' Superbowl every single year - either beating or having a better record than the Pack.

Go Bengals!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

CBF44E1D-D289-41F6-8F6C-798CCFEB205B.thumb.jpeg.fed2e441473f0b9b22ca57b200cfaf81.jpeg

I still wonder WTF was going on with that debacle?  It's hard to believe that wasn't even the most odd thing the Packers did ... that ejection of Walker was even more ridiculous.  All I could picture when they showed him walking down the tunnel, all distraught, was that seen from Boogie Nights where Phillip Seymour Hoffman's character tried kissing Mark Wahlburg and started crying over and over, "I'm an idiot.  I'm a fucking idiot.  I'm a fucking idiot!" :roflcrying:

Edited by Bontz
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Damn TCU is getting boot stomped 

Just got home from our monthly snowmobile club meeting and saw the halftime score ... ouch!  Any hopes of knocking off Georgia like they did to Michigan is a pipe dream at this point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Just got home from our monthly snowmobile club meeting and saw the halftime score ... ouch!  Any hopes of knocking off Georgia like they did to Michigan is a pipe dream at this point.

Yep, Hard to come back from a 31 point deficit  lol 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Yep, Hard to come back from a 31 point deficit  lol 

TCU played their best against Michigan. Not so much against Georgia. They looked nervous.

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

TCU played their best against Michigan. Not so much against Georgia. They looked nervous.

They almost looked scared. Probably would have been a closer game with Michigan but still think Georgia would’ve won

That video of Walker ... I give the kid credit for owning up to being a dumb move on his part.  And I almost feel sorry for him for having to field the same question over and over, but he handled it with a lot more maturity than what he displayed on the field.  Hopefully he can figure this stuff out & not let it become any more of an issue than it already was this season.

As far as the Lions celebrating anything this year .. I give 'em a lot of credit.  The way the year started in the first half, this looked like yet another Lions debacle.  The earlier comment about, something to the effect of "When's the last time the Lions finished a season without a coaching, ownership, or QB debate?" is bang on.  I'd have given the Lions the best chance to play tough against the 49'ers next week ... too bad they didn't actually qualify for that spot in the playoffs.

And last, but not least, yes - the Packers sucked this year.  Rodgers was off, even when he started to build the chemistry with the  younger receivers.  But just like last year in the playoffs (let's face it, this was a playoff game) he was not accurate like he's known to be.  Some very open targets that he flat out missed.  I personally hope he's gone an Love gets his shot next year ... if the Packers suck, so be it.  They've had 30+ years of HOF quarterback play ... who knows, maybe they'll luck out with the new kid.

• Like 1

I agree that the Packers did not play up to expectations this season.  I have no idea why Rodgers play has been so bad.  A lot of really poor throws this season.  Definitely not worth $50M.  His reaction time is also really poor and at times holds the ball far too long.  I also think it's time to give the new kid a shot.  When he has replaced Rodgers this season its crazy how much faster he is at nearly everything on the field.  Unfortunately everyone gets old and retirement is inevitable.

I also think the Lions should be playing the 49'rs in the first round.  I don't think the Sea Hawks have a chance in hell of beating them but Detroit is really tough on both offense and defense.  The team is also a great example of how young talent that plays flat out is better than veteran talent that often thinks they will just win for showing up.

• Like 2