Check your account email address ×

Millenials…SMH

Millennials aren’t into anything but hiding in moms basement.  So glad I raised 2 normal kids.   My buddies 21 year old son has no interest in women, period.   Smokes pot and plays video games in mom’s basement.  We go out at least 4 times a week.  There is never young people at any bars or restaurants.  All Boomers and xers.  

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Millennials aren’t into anything but hiding in moms basement.  So glad I raised 2 normal kids.   My buddies 21 year old son has no interest in women, period.   Smokes pot and plays video games in mom’s basement.  We go out at least 4 times a week.  There is never young people at any bars or restaurants.  All Boomers and xers.  

It’s unreal expensive to get drunk at a bar here now 

Just now, ACE said:

It’s unreal expensive to get drunk at a bar here now 

When we were young / poor we would get buzzed at home then go out. :dunno:
Doesn’t seem like younger people have large groups of friends like we did.  Neither of my kids have kept in touch with school friends.  We still have and see friends we went to school with.  

24 minutes ago, Cold War said:

That's not the worst thing in the world, it's getting a bit pricy to sit in a bar and drink when you can go to the store and buy it for considerably less and drink at home.

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

When we were young / poor we would get buzzed at home then go out. :dunno:
Doesn’t seem like younger people have large groups of friends like we did.  Neither of my kids have kept in touch with school friends.  We still have and see friends we went to school with.  

That’s what we used to do too 

19 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That's not the worst thing in the world, it's getting a bit pricy to sit in a bar and drink when you can go to the store and buy it for considerably less and drink at home.

For sure.  Most places you are paying over $10 bucks for a mixed drink/ 7.50 for a domestic beer.  Can only hang out at home for so long without getting bored, especially in the winter. 

14 minutes ago, Cold War said:

For sure.  Most places you are paying over $10 bucks for a mixed drink/ 7.50 for a domestic beer.  Can only hang out at home for so long without getting bored, especially in the winter. 

Thank God I live in the "rocks & cows" parts of MN where we can still get a can of beer for a reasonable price, and mixed drinks are less than $5/drink.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Nope, I'll hang out at home all day rather than pay to drink at those prices. Last Sept. we were at a brewery in Door County, WI for my nieces wedding and they only served their own house brews. The 16 oz. beer I ordered was $11........... nuts. 

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Thank God I live in the "rocks & cows" parts of MN where we can still get a can of beer for a reasonable price, and mixed drinks are less than $5/drink.

Yep I can walk half a block and get pretty drunk for less than $40!!😁

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Pre Covid a beer was $3.75 mixed drinks were $ 7.00 

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Nope, I'll hang out at home all day rather than pay to drink at those prices. Last Sept. we were at a brewery in Door County, WI for my nieces wedding and they only served their own house brews. The 16 oz. beer I ordered was $11........... nuts. 

Ouch!
 $16 for a beer at any event.  Robbery! 

2 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Yep I can walk half a block and get pretty drunk for less than $40!!😁

Thursday night bowling!!  Bucket of beer (6 bottles) and a Capt. Coke for $22.  Not a bad way to hang out this time of the year!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Most entrees are $50 now.  Really nothing to go out to eat and drop $250. 

Just had dinner at Lucky’s in Fenton and was surprised it was $57 for the two of us

Edited by Skidooski

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Just had dinner at Lucky’s in Fenton and was surprised it was $57 for the two of us

Lucky’s is cheap for the meal you get. We would go more if it was closer.  Never had a bad meal there and always surprised at how cheap the bill is compared to other places.  50 for a steak and sides are extras?  A lot of places are charging for condiments,  $3.00 for zip sauce.