Check your account email address ×

Who's been to Germany?

• Platinum Contributing Member

I've traveled alot of places, but never been to Germany. We are staying with relatives in Berlin for a family gathering type of deal. Any must sees?

• Gold Member

also, rent a porsche or something and go ring it out on the autobahn. no speed limit man .

if you like auto racing, pretty sure 'green hell' is located in germany as well. the Nürburgring'

if you go , take pictures

Edited by ZR800efi
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2022 at 9:24 PM, Deephaven said:

I was in the car for 2 hours, what else would I do?  Dark out so not much to see....and I have been to Germany more than 70 times so it isn't like it's new.

:bc:

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Was almost 35 years ago....

I'm fucking old...

where were you stationed? my younger brother was an M1 tank driver over there in the late 1990's but I forget which base.  he rolled an M3 one night down the side of a mountain... sober, but the drift ended up sticking.

Edit: Baumholder 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

I've traveled alot of places, but never been to Germany. We are staying with relatives in Berlin for a family gathering type of deal. Any must sees?

Do a google search . Anthoney Bordain did a segment on Berlin. Like a lot of eastern europe, it's not a real pretty place.

• Like 1

Was there a couple times for work.  We stayed in a town called Gotha.  It's an old town, narrow streets but old beautiful buildings.  Went to a couple restaurants that one was like walking into a house.  Walked up narrow stairs, menu was hand written in German (needed help with that)  and was true home cooked.  Was surprised the German has a lot of old castles.  Some can be modernized others cannot.  We went to one that was turned into a multi venue of restaurants and shops.  Also went to Merchants Bridge in Ergurt.  This is a bridge that was built over a river but the river appears to have dried up.  What they did is kept on building shops and apartments on top of the bridge.  It's a tourist area with a lot of shops and outside eateries.  There's also some beautiful tall steeple style churches there.

Just a couple things that stuck out that were interesting

• Like 2