Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

twin rail ftw

My high country is a dedicated off trail sled and that's what I'd be replacing it for.  I have zero use or desire for a crossover type of sled like the regular riot.

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

My high country is a dedicated off trail sled and that's what I'd be replacing it for.  I have zero use or desire for a crossover type of sled like the regular riot.

I know, remember when I found it at TSS?  So you want an Alpha X-type or twin rail?  Alpha makes sense for side hilling in powder... idk about around here as I'm a  smooth groomed trail sally.  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I know, remember when I found it at TSS?  So you want an Alpha X-type or twin rail?  Alpha makes sense for side hilling in powder... idk about around here as I'm a  smooth groomed trail sally.  

No.  I'm not that concerned if I have one rail or two.  But the kind of sled I want will likely come with one.  Like I said an off trail machine.  Nothing about the 50/50 riot is what I want.  Like I said off trail machine, narrow front, 2.25 lug or more, suspension geometry for OFF TRAIL.  Everything off trail.  Don't need a rear cooler either.  If they continue with narrower body work on the m that would be fine too.  A riot is basically just a trail sled with a 1.6 track that's not what I want.  I'm not buying a sled for you 

20 minutes ago, mnstang said:

No.  I'm not that concerned if I have one rail or two.  But the kind of sled I want will likely come with one.  Like I said an off trail machine.  Nothing about the 50/50 riot is what I want.  Like I said off trail machine, narrow front, 2.25 lug or more, suspension geometry for OFF TRAIL.  Everything off trail.  Don't need a rear cooler either.  If they continue with narrower body work on the m that would be fine too.  A riot is basically just a trail sled with a 1.6 track that's not what I want.  I'm not buying a sled for you 

have you considered a new thundercat?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mnstang said:

Does the riot x still have the wide front end on it?

23 minutes ago, mnstang said:

It has the mountain spindles and uses a 40" ski stance.  Same as my high country 

so yay or nay on the mono rail?  they should offer both imo.

IDK, but my instincts would say nyet for Midwest riding.  

19 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so yay or nay on the mono rail?  they should offer both imo.

IDK, but my instincts would say nyet for Midwest riding.  

Dude I don't really care.  I would not buy anything with that cross action skid that's in the riot that is for sure.  I have no problem with my twin rail float action skid but that was replaced with the alpha rail.  If I had to choose between the alpha rail and the float action rail that they no longer make, I'd go with alpha rail.  But that's a dumb hypothetical.

14 hours ago, mnstang said:

If you can get the M with a 146 that would be what I'd want.

That is the riot X.

13 hours ago, mnstang said:

Except for the cooler, that is the riot X...

2.6" lug

39.5" to 41.5" ski stance

https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snowmobile/crossover/riot-x#specs

Edited by krom

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

It has the mountain spindles and uses a 40" ski stance.  Same as my high country 

Yeah I haven’t kept up on the riots too much. They fall into the category of a sled I wouldn’t buy. I would go full blown M if was going need something to go some place a 137 inch trail sled can’t 

28 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Yeah I haven’t kept up on the riots too much. They fall into the category of a sled I wouldn’t buy. I would go full blown M if was going need something to go some place a 137 inch trail sled can’t 

I like my trail Riot, but in hindsight should've bought a ZR.  On the other hand, if I'd gotten the ZR, I'd probably say the same thing about the Riot.

When I was in to order it from the dealer, I said, yeah I sure like that Riot.  He said, so order the Riot, then?  I said, well, but I sure like the ZR, too.  He said, so order the ZR?  I just couldn't decide.  However, I'm a 90% trail guy and there's nothing I would do that would exceed the capability of a 137 ZR.

I got to ride the Alpha Riot on trails and it was actually pretty good - better than I expected.  I thought it would be terrible in corners, and it's only marginal.  Have never ridden an M, maybe I can arrange that this winter.

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

Dude I don't really care.  I would not buy anything with that cross action skid that's in the riot that is for sure.  I have no problem with my twin rail float action skid but that was replaced with the alpha rail.  If I had to choose between the alpha rail and the float action rail that they no longer make, I'd go with alpha rail.  But that's a dumb hypothetical.

relax Tony... here's some beta 

https://sleddermag.com/arctic-cat-catalyst-design-insight-engineering/

https://www.arcticinsider.com/sleddermag-com-catalyst-interview-with-andy-beavis/

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it is not an attractive sled from certain angles. 

congratulations Doo... we've entered your ugly competition 

I feel it's pretty good looking from most angles? From pictures. Poo and doo currently have angles that make me puke a little in my mouth. 

The front bumper area from the angle above does weird me out a bit. 

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it is not an attractive sled from certain angles. 

congratulations Doo... we've entered your ugly competition 

There is no angle that a G5 doo is better looking than a catalyst, its not even close....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

I feel it's pretty good looking from most angles? From pictures. Poo and doo currently have angles that make me puke a little in my mouth. 

The front bumper area from the angle above does weird me out a bit. 

the picture posted... not one of them 

1 hour ago, krom said:

There is no angle that a G5 doo is better looking than a catalyst, its not even close....

for the first season all the 600 catalyst rider is going to see is the taillight and snowflap of the 850 SkiDouche

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the picture posted... not one of them 

for the first season all the 600 catalyst rider is going to see is the taillight and snowflap of the 850 SkiDouche

Where?  On a lake maybe.  Whoopee ding dong.

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, Palu49 said:

One thing I can say after looking at the demo models in person is that color combinations definitely make this body style look really good or really bad. The RXC looked great, the red/orange riot was awful 

Wasnt a fan either 

6262846B-C330-47DF-8F67-70C21298F338.jpeg

A938975C-2749-4658-B79A-89CFDBA3F85F.jpeg