Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Can always sell it. It is what it is.

Nobody needs estart stuff for a brand new sled.  Tried that before and still have the whole kit.

I agree that it is what it is.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

The cost is about $300.00. The weight is about 25 pounds. If you cannot handle that, then you are the pussy. Remember, your sleds engines are no longer made and the parts are not made forever. LIving on borrowed time I would say.

25lbs... think about what you just said there.  how hard is it to pull the recoil twice.  you are the most daft individual I've seen on a sled forum, truly.  shame, Suzuki made great engines and if you knew your asshole from your elbow... well, you clearly don't so no need to further elaborate. 

2 hours ago, Tripleflipper said:

Weight is more important to me. If I'm already spending $ 20k on a sled another 6 - 7 hundred bucks aint gonna make any difference to me. But I hear you on the cost thing.

there's 164 posts in this thread discussing lighter weight, so why make potentially unnecessary weight mandatory?  optional... I get that 100% 

silly as it may sound, I can tell when my scratchers are down and creating additional drag in the woods under 40mph

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

It's $400 difference from what I've seen on the models in looking at.  I'd rather not pay $400 for something I'm going to remove on day one.

this is one topic we seem to fully agree upon.  how much did all the e-start components from your High Country weigh?  I tried looking for the post but... 

and... $200 or $400 is a small percentage of the current pricing, but it's something I don't feel one should be required to pay for... especially if you just intend to remove it. 

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Can always sell it. It is what it is.

to whom?  

how much would your dealer charge you to remove it all, since you don't work on your own sled?

how much would he then charge you to re-install it when you trade it in or to sell it to a family member?

math mah boy... simple f'ng math here

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

25lbs... think about what you just said there.  how hard is it to pull the recoil twice.  you are the most daft individual I've seen on a sled forum, truly.  shame, Suzuki made great engines and if you knew your asshole from your elbow... well, you clearly don't so no need to further elaborate. 

there's 164 posts in this thread discussing lighter weight, so why make potentially unnecessary weight mandatory?  optional... I get that 100% 

silly as it may sound, I can tell when my scratchers are down and creating additional drag in the woods under 40mph

this is one topic we seem to fully agree upon.  how much did all the e-start components from your High Country weigh?  I tried looking for the post but... 

and... $200 or $400 is a small percentage of the current pricing, but it's something I don't feel one should be required to pay for... especially if you just intend to remove it. 

to whom?  

how much would your dealer charge you to remove it all, since you don't work on your own sled?

how much would he then charge you to re-install it when you trade it in or to sell it to a family member?

It is what it is. Not going to change because you want it to. It is a majority rule. I will never again buy a sled without. Life will go on. To whom? People buy stuff all the time. Starter goes out after warranty. Things like that. Not rocket surgery or brain science C.

21 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

to whom?  

Buy the RXC or the Mountain without it. Solved in a sentence. 

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

It is what it is. Not going to change because you want it to. It is a majority rule. I will never again buy a sled without. Life will go on. To whom? People buy stuff all the time. Starter goes out after warranty. Things like that. Not rocket surgery or brain science C.

when you can make a more coherent response I'll attempt to answer... 

what are your top priorities in the enjoyment of a snowmobile?

to keep this simple for you... 

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

when you can make a more coherent response I'll attempt to answer... 

what are your top priorities in the enjoyment of a snowmobile?

to keep this simple for you... 

What is wrong with you. Order an RXC without E-Start. Your only trail option. Coherent enough? 5. Brand.

4. Style.

3. Electric start.

2. Atac.

1. Brand the way they are doing it. AKA, Cat.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Buy the RXC or the Mountain without it. Solved in a sentence. 

for amusement... let's say I want a plain 2023 Catalyst ZR 600 129... without e-start?  

I also don't want the Rip2 track... I want an Ice Track or Cobra to stud

I also don't want the Fox IFP shocks... I'm going to upgrade to Elka's or Custom Axis

suddenly I'm into this $14K sled to the tune of $20K without paying for labor

is this making any sense yet?

now if Cat offered a 129" RXC I can skip the track (I like the Cobra), I can live with the shocks or add DSC's and opt for the non e-start model and save 25lbs or more.  they aren't offering that for 2024's... but I'd be into it for $4K less than the 129 Base model with upgrades... right?

example... if I were to snowcheck a 128" Polaris XCR 650 I can choose and pay for a 1.25" Ice Ripper, 1.35" Cobra or 1.6" Cobra.    

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

What is wrong with you. Order an RXC without E-Start. Your only trail option. Coherent enough? 5. Brand.

4. Style.

3. Electric start.

2. Atac.

1. Brand the way they are doing it. AKA, Cat.

sigh...  9_9

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

for amusement... let's say I want a plain 2023 Catalyst ZR 600 129... without e-start?  

I also don't want the Fox IFP shocks... I'm going to upgrade to Elka's or Custom Axis

now if Cat offered a 129" RXC I can skip the track (I like the Cobra), I can live with the shocks or add DSC's and opt for the non e-start model and save 25lbs or more.  they aren't offering that for 2024's... but I'd be into it for $4K less than the 129 Base model with upgrades... right?

example... if I were to snowcheck a 128" Polaris XCR 650 I can choose and pay for a 1.25" Ice Ripper, 1.35" Cobra or 1.6" Cobra.    

Well, work with your dealer. Cat is not Polaris, thank God!

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

16,000 for a sled lacking a bunch of goods. You do the fucking math.  Buy the Polaris. More money, less sled. 

10 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I see Polaris is sending e start on all the trail sleds now. The only option for the xcr is windshield and gauge. 

Dont let CR know. Probably have a coronary. 

Probably been discussed but the $700 surcharge.  I don't know what the point is of adding a $700 surcharge and not just adding 700 to every MSRP.

That's just annoying.

I know I know, a surcharge is mandatory for zr6000 and he likes it.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Probably been discussed but the $700 surcharge.  I don't know what the point is of adding a $700 surcharge and not just adding 700 to every MSRP.

That's just annoying.

My work did the sur charge thing to fuck the sales reps on commission. Once they went to a no commission based pay program, the surcharge went away and they would adjust msrp. 

31 minutes ago, mnstang said:

That's just annoying.

I don't. But how the fuck can I fix it?

If so, then offer it without.  Easy enough to not bolt it in.  Not rocket surgery.....

I have never seen the need for track options. Shocks? Yes. Electric start for me is mandatory!

You suck.  Nobody cares what you want.  You are an idiot.

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

I see Polaris is sending e start on all the trail sleds now. The only option for the xcr is windshield and gauge. 

I've never called anything on this forum gay and find it really amusing that grown men consider that funny or effective in conversation when about people, but if it is things....then yes, this move by Polaris is gay as fuck.lockquote widget

Edited by Deephaven

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

If so, then offer it without.  Easy enough to not bolt it in.  Not rocket surgery.....

You suck.  Nobody cares what you want.  You are an idiot.

I've never called anything on this forum gay and find it really amusing that grown men consider that funny or effective in conversation when about people, but if it is things....then yes, this move by Polaris is gay as fuck.lockquote widget

I am guessing they took a lot of the build options away so they can hit build dates and quit fiddle fucking around with 30 one off variations of a sled 

Edited by Not greg b