2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I see they have gone back to those shitty arctic cat ifp shocks. 

I'll take those over the junk KYB's that come on most of the mustard buckets

with Carver XC valving and proper springs... they're just better than adequate

the good news, shocks can be easily changed

18 minutes ago, Doug said:

If you rebuild shocks you would not be saying that.  

I do not.  I can tell you assuredly though that the IFP shocks that came on my sled were night and day different after having Mike Carver put his XC valving in them for my weight, machine and spring choices.  Are they as good as the Zero Pro's with DSC I installed in the skid after?  No.  Are those as good as the Axis shocks in all positions in it's sister sled?  Absolutely not.  Do they suck?  No, but not as bad as most base level shocked Ski Doo's I've ridden.  Hey, let's give the rider three spring positions and no fine tuning adjustability!  Great thinking BRP.  :)

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I do not.  I can tell you assuredly though that the IFP shocks that came on my sled were night and day different after having Mike Carver put his XC valving in them for my weight, machine and spring choices.  Are they as good as the Zero Pro's with DSC I installed in the skid after?  No.  Are those as good as the Axis shocks in all positions in it's sister sled?  Absolutely not.  Do they suck?  No, but not as bad as most base level shocked Ski Doo's I've ridden.  Hey, let's give the rider three spring positions and no fine tuning adjustability!  Great thinking BRP.  :)

The 500 sno pro never used the shitty cat ifp the lower line procrosses have been using the last 5 or 6 years now. 

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The 500 sno pro never used the shitty cat ifp the lower line procrosses have been using the last 5 or 6 years now. 

didn't realize there was a substantial difference... but would assume they can be 'fixed' 

FOX IFP-STANDARD (NON RES., SNOW OR ATV/UTV) - $50.00

RE-VALVE SHOCK (PRICE ADDITIONAL TO SERVICE) - $35.00

https://carverperformance.com/servicing

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Same as Fox's base shocks.  Low number of adjustments to make it simple for some.  Any brand shock can be made to ride better if your setting them up (revalving) for personal your preference.

Easily replace more shafts, seals, bushings and eyelets on fox shocks than W/E and KYB combined.  Carver is also having problems getting Fox replacement parts.  Half the Fox replacement parts they have listed are "currently not available" 

Edited by Doug

• 2 weeks later...

two things about this I can't let go of for some reason...

#1.  Don't force people to get electric start, especially on a f'ng 600.  I don't want the weight or cost associated with it!  Polaris has this figured out, so figure it out Cat. 

#2.  Track options... one track to choose from take it or leave it?   I'm not the least bit interested in negotiating with the dealership on installing a track that best suits my needs after my snow check sled is built.

Personally, I do not know of one person who does not want Electric Start. The new under seat layout for the battery is nice and clean now as well. So easy to remove and service compared to the Pro Cross.

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Personally, I do not know of one person who does not want Electric Start. The new under seat layout for the battery is nice and clean now as well. So easy to remove and service compared to the Pro Cross.

You missed the point, it's added weight. Some don't want the extra weight, why force it on them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It was one screw on the procross lmao they didn’t do anything great it takes probably 30 seconds less now. Plenty of people don’t want electric start, I got my new RXC without it.

Not defending cat and I agree they should have them available either way but I’m guessing with the lower number of units and cat being a much smaller company it (in their penny pincher eyes) makes more sense to them to run everything down the line exactly the same or as close as possible.

10 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

It was one screw on the procross lmao they didn’t do anything great it takes probably 30 seconds less now. Plenty of people don’t want electric start, I got my new RXC without it.

Not defending cat and I agree they should have them available either way but I’m guessing with the lower number of units and cat being a much smaller company it (in their penny pincher eyes) makes more sense to them to run everything down the line exactly the same or as close as possible.

Yep, I'd prefer not to pay extra for it, and it's a hassle to deal with maintaining the battery. 

Plus you'd think if Cat was looking at every way to lose weight, that's an easy one. At least until the next lawsuit so they can get the SHOT thingy from doo.

If it came down to paying for better shocks (say what they put on the sno pros around 2018 over the lxr ifp specials) or estart, I'd take the better shocks all day long.

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

everyone you know must be a pussy 

:)

40 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

You missed the point, it's added weight. Some don't want the extra weight, why force it on them.

weight and cost 

See below 

12 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Yep, I'd prefer not to pay extra for it, and it's a hassle to deal with maintaining the battery. 

Plus you'd think if Cat was looking at every way to lose weight, that's an easy one. At least until the next lawsuit so they can get the SHOT thingy from doo.

If it came down to paying for better shocks (say what they put on the sno pros around 2018 over the lxr ifp specials) or estart, I'd take the better shocks all day long.

I'd rather blow money on suspension than gayges, Garmin's, estart or any of that horse shit.

if you can't pull start your modern 2S low compression FUEL INJECTED sled, find a new f'ng hobby 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

weight and cost 

See below 

I'd rather blow money on suspension than gayges, Garmin's, estart or any of that horse shit.

if you can't pull start your modern 2S low compression FUEL INJECTED sled, find a new f'ng hobby 

The cost is about $300.00. The weight is about 25 pounds. If you cannot handle that, then you are the pussy. Remember, your sleds engines are no longer made and the parts are not made forever. LIving on borrowed time I would say.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

The cost is about $300.00. The weight is about 25 pounds. If you cannot handle that, then you are the pussy. Remember, your sleds engines are no longer made and the parts are not made forever. LIving on borrowed time I would say.

That’s 5% of the weight on a 500lb machine. Aren’t you all excited about cat cutting 10% with the catalyst? Imagine the boner you’d have for 15% if you had the strength to pull over a 600 twin

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

That’s 5% of the weight on a 500lb machine. Aren’t you all excited about cat cutting 10% with the catalyst? Imagine the boner you’d have for 15% if you had the strength to pull over a 600 twin

Will be under 450 with. Not about starting the sled. I'm 56! I buy for comfort and when I borrow out my sled. And I do, I want them to have that as well. Buy an RXC if you want a pull start.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

weight and cost 

See below 

Weight is more important to me. If I'm already spending $ 20k on a sled another 6 - 7 hundred bucks aint gonna make any difference to me. But I hear you on the cost thing.

4 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

LOL, some Cat guys slammed Poo and Doo when they lightened up their sleds, now it's the best thing since sliced bread.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

LOL, some Cat guys slammed Poo and Doo when they lightened up their sleds, now it's the best thing since sliced bread.

I mean just about every Gen 4 I work on is structurally twisted up in some way, most of them are twisted where you can’t get the drain plug out of the chaincase. And do has always been the “reinforcement kit” kings.

• Thanks 1

It's $400 difference from what I've seen on the models in looking at.  I'd rather not pay $400 for something I'm going to remove on day one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

It's $400 difference from what I've seen on the models in looking at.  I'd rather not pay $400 for something I'm going to remove on day one.

Can always sell it. It is what it is.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I mean just about every Gen 4 I work on is structurally twisted up in some way, most of them are twisted where you can’t get the drain plug out of the chaincase. And do has always been the “reinforcement kit” kings.

@Tripleflipper read this as many times as it takes to sink in....