2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

47 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this is excellent... even numbnuts in New Hampshire will be able to get the hood off in less than an hour now.  

miright @Tommcat and @fortune46x ?

For fucks sakes I don’t know of any sled built in my life time that needs a quick release body on the side of the trail. My 06 crossfire had a hood that would flip up and the belly pan was pinned on and that got you a view of you can’t fix here. 

43 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

For fucks sakes I don’t know of any sled built in my life time that needs a quick release body on the side of the trail. My 06 crossfire had a hood that would flip up and the belly pan was pinned on and that got you a view of you can’t fix here. 

Team Bellypan approved :roflcrying:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Jerr2Star said:

The Lesters' posted a vid this evening 

Good vid and the sled should be a winner…also the discussion about it at HCS is much better now that Jim Rambum is banned.😂👊🏻

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Bontz said:

Nice Polaris design!! :whistle:

Like the 3rd person I’ve seen say this and I’m very confused. Gen 2 procross all had the 2 dzus and a bolt now they just replaced the bolt with a latch, which polaris doesn’t have because they don’t have an airbox to seal.

Surprised to see the Lester’s that wound up about something built outside of Quebec.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Like the 3rd person I’ve seen say this and I’m very confused. Gen 2 procross all had the 2 dzus and a bolt now they just replaced the bolt with a latch, which polaris doesn’t have because they don’t have an airbox to seal.

Surprised to see the Lester’s that wound up about something built outside of Quebec.

he's stoked, and mentioned the 129. 

;)

• Like 1

to follow up what I heard is the 'race' model RXC without electric start won't come with the attach stuff on the tunnel and I'm making the assumption it's going to be a 129'r for XC racing.  this might also mean the RXC is going to be their high end bump mashing trail model with the revised 600 and whatever big bore is coming like the MXZ and XCR... and the RR moniker may finally be dead.   exciting 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

to follow up what I heard is the 'race' model RXC without electric start won't come with the attach stuff on the tunnel and I'm making the assumption it's going to be a 129'r for XC racing.  this might also mean the RXC is going to be their high end bump mashing trail model with the revised 600 and whatever big bore is coming like the MXZ and XCR... and the RR moniker may finally be dead.   exciting 

Saw that as well!

8 hours ago, Premium said:

Saw that as well!

idk if he let it slip or it was intentional but when you're telling me there's a 137 and 129 skid and different mounting, then tell me the non e-start will be stripped down... I'm thinking the 2024 RXC-R is a 129.  ;)

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

idk if he let it slip or it was intentional but when you're telling me there's a 137 and 129 skid and different mounting, then tell me the non e-start will be stripped down... I'm thinking the 2024 RXC-R is a 129.  ;)

I won't believe a word you're saying until Jimmy chimes in to confirm it..😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I won't believe a word you're saying until Jimmy chimes in to confirm it..😂😂😂

remember the end scene from Point Break?

yeah... 9_9

getting out riding AF?  trails are open here finally and the clubs have done a great job with the snow we do have.  a few days of sub zero will help, lot's of creeks and water hazards never fully froze over.  

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

remember the end scene from Point Break?

yeah... 9_9

getting out riding AF?  trails are open here finally and the clubs have done a great job with the snow we do have.  a few days of sub zero will help, lot's of creeks and water hazards never fully froze over.  

Oh he's lurking in a thread I was just looking at. 😎😂😂

I put almost 170 miles on Wednesday, it's staying 10-20 below all week so I might go fishing

Edited by airflite1

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It’s ZR6000R-XC already, just like the ZR6000R-SX. I’d rather see them keep the RR moniker than monkey up the RXC for the people who have to have them but don’t need them. Also the XCR is quite a bit different from the Cross Country and the XRS and competition package are quite a bit different. Cats RR is the closest thing to a cross country racer out of the box that’s why everyone bitches about them.

8 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

It’s ZR6000R-XC already, just like the ZR6000R-SX. I’d rather see them keep the RR moniker than monkey up the RXC for the people who have to have them but don’t need them. Also the XCR is quite a bit different from the Cross Country and the XRS and competition package are quite a bit different. Cats RR is the closest thing to a cross country racer out of the box that’s why everyone bitches about them.

Maybe the trail RXC won't be quite as hardcore as the Race-RXC will be?  The RR has been watered down to MXZ/XCR levels... hasn't it?  There's probably fifty posts here about it from @krom and @Not greg b alone.  Guess how many Lynx the closest BRP dealer to me sold and ordered this winter?  Zero... they're too harsh for most.  The RR's since... idk... 2017 didn't get the actual race skid.  Where's @taperk600 btw?  He's probably got one coming already and I saw his RR for sale...  ;)

either way... I'm excited about this new buggy 

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Maybe the trail RXC won't be quite as hardcore as the Race-RXC will be?  The RR has been watered down to MXZ/XCR levels... hasn't it?  There's probably fifty posts here about it from @krom and @Not greg b alone.  Guess how many Lynx the closest BRP dealer to me sold and ordered this winter?  Zero... they're too harsh for most.  The RR's since... idk... 2017 didn't get the actual race skid.  Where's @taperk600 btw?  He's probably got one coming already and I saw his RR for sale...  ;)

either way... I'm excited about this new buggy 

It is still the least watered down of all of them but allegedly the XCR this year was beefed back up to reasonable specs, I’d like to try one out. Skid is obviously different and track length but has most of the bracing and I BELIEVE the exact same valving as the RXC. I hope it is just an RXC 6/860 no e-start base gauge unit too I just don’t want it to end up being “consumerized” instead of a consumerized version of it in the RR.

2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

It is still the least watered down of all of them but allegedly the XCR this year was beefed back up to reasonable specs, I’d like to try one out. Skid is obviously different and track length but has most of the bracing and I BELIEVE the exact same valving as the RXC. I hope it is just an RXC 6/860 no e-start base gauge unit too I just don’t want it to end up being “consumerized” instead of a consumerized version of it in the RR.

if the RR is now RXC, so be it.  but I bet the actual R's get valved completely different and there'll be little bits of bracing for the racing.  

the gauge talk on fakebook is still going on... :suicide:

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

if the RR is now RXC, so be it.  but I bet the actual R's get valved completely different and there'll be little bits of bracing for the racing.  

the gauge talk on fakebook is still going on... :suicide:

You missed the guy who wanted to know what the warranty was gonna be like the other day.