Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

It made  HUGE difference on all my 600 based sleds. 25 degrees. 

Imagine how much of a different something that actually deflects shit into your tunnel would make.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Imagine how much of a different something that actually deflects shit into your tunnel would make.

Probably work so good you'd get ice dams in 5 minutes in fresh snow.  :lol:

The only thing they might be good for is blocking roost when you do a belly pan slide in a corner that has berm turning left when the groomer has made one pass. Most people will put a ski up on it and bank the corner at any speed. If you come in hot, kick the sled sideways and get it on top of the berm in between the skis and the track, you can hold it wide open sliding on the belly pan and have the sled chain saw it down and blow snow into the woods like a snow cannon. It won’t work going slow as you will either tip back and get stuck or tip forward and drive way. You will blow the whole corner out. It’s so fun to do 

It was easier to do on the old ass draggers as they had a long front end. And it was super safe to do because you were so far off the correct side of the trail. If someone was coming towards you hit the brakes and all was good 

8 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

what they don't do is make your sled run 20 degrees cooler than without them.

They did 25 for my 2018. It works. Could care less if you disagree. I did the test and the math. Fuck you are one huge pile of shit! Only time I had to deploy my scatchers after I put my flares on was on super hard pack and ice. No studs on sled. 95 -105 compared to 120 -130. 

it's not a matter of disagreeing, it's a matter of you being incorrect.  

8 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Procross sleds don’t even run 120-130 consistently. They run 105 or they run 160+

you need to realize the sled he rides, where he rides and how he rides is special and different from everyone else.  there's no other obvious explanation.  they 'work', for him.  9_9

I even scoured the Internet trying to help him with validation, posted videos of a sled with flares and without, but I can't find anyone's post or claims to validate his 'truth'

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Bingo.

if tunnel flares gave an actual cooling advantage, wouldn't the XC racers have been running them since they came out as I've never seen a picture or video of scratchers on Herf or anyone elses sleds?  I have seen ISR approved hood and side panel approved ventilation, but nothing regarding adding plastic snow deflecting running board extensions... so one could assume they're legal right?  

25 degrees... :roflcrying:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's not a matter of disagreeing, it's a matter of you being incorrect.  

Sorry, but I trust my results over an idiot like you. 

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Sorry, but I trust my results over an idiot like you. 

are you sure it's not 30 degrees?  9_9

can you find any other validation online or otherwise than your own to corroborate your bold claims?  9_9

why didn't the XC racers use them if they help the sled run cooler?  9_9

c'mon Rudy... find some evidence 

• Like 1

Why don't you guys start a separate flares work/don't work thread and have your own little bitchfest. The gotcha deal was kinda cute at first but it's now very stale.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Probably work so good you'd get ice dams in 5 minutes in fresh snow.  :lol:

Clearly you mean "ice bridge" ?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Why don't you guys start a separate flares work/don't work thread and have your own little bitchfest. The gotcha deal was kinda cute at first but it's now very stale.

no one is stopping you or anyone else from doing so... :news:

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

They need to gang pile all the time to feel good inside.  That's all this this forum is unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Stale?  It's the gift that keeps on giving.  Jimwittery is a real thing.

wtf is left to discuss about it really? 

the only ones here to my knowledge who put some miles on them were notGreg and maybe Jon. 

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

They need to gang pile all the time to feel good inside.  That's all this this forum is unfortunately.

it's the GDF... same clowns, new location, not a safe space right? 

maybe you'd be more comfortable staying out of the cesspool?  here's a handy link to your new zip code. 

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/forum/39-arctic-cat/

elf-will-ferrell-bye-lccv97voe556cps2.gi

:)

25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Absolutely nothing, but that won't stop Jimwit from saying something stupid again and mnstang getting his undies in a bundle.

49 minutes ago, mnstang said:

For those who are tired of how a post goes sideways they can always move on, but I see you have gang piled on the defender's side, just an observation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

On page 211 a complaint of making a post go sideways is also rather funny.

Wait till the 2025s come out. We will instantly be on page 511 and the 858 will be the most reliable sled ever built with tunnel wings on it. But you don’t need anything bigger than a 600 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Absolutely nothing, but that won't stop Jimwit from saying something stupid again and mnstang getting his undies in a bundle.

the thread is 211 pages... and like any thread here in the cesspool the conversation darts about into all sorts of things relevant or irrelevant... much like it did in the old HCS GDF.  then a few completely idiotic comments take it completely off the rails and we eventually deter back into the shitty clutching.  :lol:

so, let's move on... 9_9

how much easier is it to take the hood off?

what other colors would you like to see them in? 

will aftermarket skis eliminate whatever it is snowtrax was whining about? 

how can you get them to wheelie?

what's the loudest can you can put on one? 

how do they look with a two-up seat and which torsion springs should you install? 

which windshield will give you the highest top speed? 

will the kids get roosted in the face while being towed on an inner tube? 

what kind of gas mileage does it get? 

should I put tunnel flares on it to keep my accessories mounted on top the tunnel dry? 

does this shirt make me look fat? 

what's the best oil for the 858?

:ashamed:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the only ones here to my knowledge who put some miles on them were notGreg and maybe Jon. 

:sad:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Unlike you I don't seek and crave attention.

then stop complaining if you have nothing interesting to discuss or don't participate in ongoing discussions.  I can't help you anymore than that. 

nice jab... pretty weak though. 9_9

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Wait till the 2025s come out. We will instantly be on page 511 and the 858 will be the most reliable sled ever built with tunnel wings on it. But you don’t need anything bigger than a 600 

I would like to see Cat develop a dog deflector for their 25's. Just in case any of these new Cat sleds make their way to Alaska.

• Haha 1