Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

32 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Looks like you rode through a patch of dog shit soup!!!!

I was thinking barf... from one of the many bars he likely stopped at.  

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I was thinking barf... from one of the many bars he likely stopped at.  

That’s what happens when you stop at the Norman county watering hole and they have windshield washer fluid out 

5 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

That’s what happens when you stop at the Norman county watering hole and they have windshield washer fluid out 

there's no way you made it all the way to Norman County without tunnel flares

but if you did... I need some gravel

19 hours ago, mnstang said:

Maybe his sled ran 25 degrees cooler, maybe it didn't.  If it did, maybe it had something to do with the flares and maybe it didn't.  I wasn't there.  

I am not really commenting on that claim I am commenting on weak arguments against it that don't hold water.  I'm fine if you want to be skeptical, I'm usually skeptical of claims especially if they come from the media, politicians, or Polaris.

1. That entire story is a lie, like pretty much everything else he posts.  If you don't see/understand that, there isn't much hope for you.

2.  The flares are each ^ shaped, snow that hits them doesn't get directed into the tunnel.

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

there's no way you made it all the way to Norman County without tunnel flares

but if you did... I need some gravel

The sled is filthy after a season of riding. I am 1/2 tempted to put it out side in the rain to wash it off 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, krom said:

1. That entire story is a lie, like pretty much everything else he posts.  If you don't see/understand that, there isn't much hope for you.

2.  The flares are each ^ shaped, snow that hits them doesn't get directed into the tunnel.

Yes, it does. Knocks it down and in. Had to run scratchers on my 18 all the time. Installed the flares and then, only on hard pack and ice. Dont care if facts go above you. All you do is lie and temp to smear. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Yes, it does. Knocks it down and in. Had to run scratchers on my 18 all the time. Installed the flares and then, only on hard pack and ice. Dont care if facts go above you. All you do is lie and temp to smear. 

It doesn’t because it’s mounted and shaped in a way that doesn’t allow it to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, krom said:

nah, it's because he and I go through at least one of these every season.  

it was time... :)

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

no, it doesn't 

29 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

It doesn’t because it’s mounted and shaped in a way that doesn’t allow it to.

they may as well call them f'ng running board extensions... 

7202fd8e-86b0-41b1-938e-df25aefe7f17-jpe

strangely, no one commented on the videos I posted... :roflcrying:

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

nah, it's because he and I go through at least one of these every season.  

it was time... :)

no, it doesn't 

they may as well call them f'ng running board extensions... 

7202fd8e-86b0-41b1-938e-df25aefe7f17-jpe

strangely, no one commented on the videos I posted... :roflcrying:

I hear they help keep the dirt on the hyfax so they melt off faster. Cat’s solution was to come up with a 300 dollar set of hyfax to sell you 

13 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I hear they help keep the dirt on the hyfax so they melt off faster. Cat’s solution was to come up with a 300 dollar set of hyfax to sell you 

they help keep snow off the tunnel, tunnel bag and the rider... as advertised, and found all over the internetz.

what they don't do is make your sled run 20 degrees cooler than without them.

11 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I’m scared to click any link you post

you can trust this one... :)

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/52092-2024-arctic-cat-catalyst-chassis-details/&do=findComment&comment=1736152

sorry about you having to buy all those girl scout cookies though... :ashamed:

9 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I stopped doing that too. It is usually a link to Norman county’s donkey show 

those were supposed to be private... ¬¬

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

They did 25 for my 2018. It works. Could care less if you disagree. I did the test and the math. Fuck you are one huge pile of shit! Only time I had to deploy my scatchers after I put my flares on was on super hard pack and ice. No studs on sled. 95 -105 compared to 120 -130. 

20 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

they help keep snow off the tunnel, tunnel bag and the rider... as advertised, and found all over the internetz.

you can trust this one... :)

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/52092-2024-arctic-cat-catalyst-chassis-details/&do=findComment&comment=1736152

sorry about you having to buy all those girl scout cookies though... :ashamed:

those were supposed to be private... ¬¬

my 7000 had them on it. I don’t think they did much of anything. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

They did 25 for my 2018. It works. Could care less if you disagree. I did the test and the math. Fuck you are one huge pile of shit! Only time I had to deploy my scatchers after I put my flares on was on super hard pack and ice. No studs on sled. 95 -105 compared to 120 -130. 

Procross sleds don’t even run 120-130 consistently. They run 105 or they run 160+

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

my 7000 had them on it. I don’t think they did much of anything. 

There is a rear cooler on the 7000. It has no front cooler and a fan and radiator. Your dad did not read you the manual when he paid for it? Radiator supersedes all else.

Edited by ZR6000RR

Just now, Palu49 said:

Procross sleds don’t even run 120-130 consistently. They run 105 or they run 160+

Mine did. I watched my gauge pretty religiously, before the flares.

49 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Lol.  Two ranges, exactly 25 degrees on both.  Obviously the first time you actually did the math.  

40 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

He only lies and is dumb enough to believe his garbage. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

There is a rear cooler on the 7000. It has no front cooler and a fan and radiator. Your dad did not read you the manual when he paid for it? Radiator supersedes all else.

There is no rear cooler in a 7000. I am not referring to the cooling part. Blocking snow it did no noticeable difference that we noticed. The only reason they were on there is because cat sent them from the factory that year on the limited 

9 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

There is no rear cooler in a 7000. I am not referring to the cooling part. Blocking snow it did no noticeable difference that we noticed. The only reason they were on there is because cat sent them from the factory that year on the limited 

It made  HUGE difference on all my 600 based sleds. 25 degrees.