Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

I don’t ride in Minnesota so no I don’t ride in mud 

You always talk about riding in the worst conditions and miles of no snow etc 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

They worked for me. From my 18, through my 22. Rarely dropped the scratchers after the install on my 18 and 22. 

Tunnel flares don't aid in cooling you dummy.

Helps eliminate snow spray from being thrown up on the rider. 

https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-7639-969-tunnel-flares-black-2012-2024-f-m-riot-xf-zr

The flares deflect snow coming off the scratchers from building up on top the running boards, tunnel and riders back. 

Scratchers and the shit snow flap being low enough keep them in a safe range.  I put the flares on and tested... They didn't do shit for cooling eagle eyeing the gauge.  Scratchers deployed.. no f'ng problem. 

Granted, that covid engine was already on it's way out the door when we got it but the fucker ran hot hot hot.  Obviously it didn't get run with a fresh mill this year to see if it changed on temp ranges.  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

20 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Tunnel flares don't aid in cooling you dummy.

Helps eliminate snow spray from being thrown up on the rider. 

https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-7639-969-tunnel-flares-black-2012-2024-f-m-riot-xf-zr

The flares deflect snow coming off the scratchers from building up on top the running boards, tunnel and riders back. 

Scratchers and the shit snow flap being low enough keep them in a safe range.  I put the flares on and tested... They didn't do shit for cooling eagle eyeing the gauge.  Scratchers deployed.. no f'ng problem. 

Granted, that covid engine was already on it's way out the door when we got it but the fucker ran hot hot hot.  Obviously it didn't get run with a fresh mill this year to see if it changed on temp ranges.  

They keep more snow in the tunnel, retard! They worked for me.

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

you're just wrong retard... It's not like running a full tunnel enclosure on an ice racing sled.  they simply deflect snow as advertised by ARCTIC CAT. During testing I got red flashing temp light multiple times with the flares on and only dropping the scratchers turned the light off.  

on my SP's (without flares) and with the scratchers deployed my tunnel bags gets snow all over them, chunks of snow/ice fly up all over the place and due to aerodynamics behind me at certain speeds there's a snow tornado 🌪️ behind me.  I think @Not greg b has seen it and I know my brother and other riding buddies have.  I also run the abortion hangers, not the stupid cables.  

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you're just wrong retard... It's not like running a full tunnel enclosure on an ice racing sled.  they simply deflect snow as advertised by ARCTIC CAT. During testing I got red flashing temp light multiple times with the flares on and only dropping the scratchers turned the light off.  

on my SP's (without flares) and with the scratchers deployed my tunnel bags gets snow all over them, chunks of snow/ice fly up all over the place and due to aerodynamics behind me at certain speeds there's a snow tornado 🌪️ behind me.  I think @Not greg b has seen it and I know my brother and other riding buddies have.  I also run the abortion hangers, not the stupid cables.  

Again dipshit! I have and have had several Pro Cross sleds. Either stock or add on, the flares worked to better cool the sled. More snow in the tunnel = ? I know it's early, but you do the math you fucking idiot!

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Again dipshit! I have and have had several Pro Cross sleds. Either stock or add on, the flares worked to better cool the sled. More snow in the tunnel = ? I know it's early, but you do the math you fucking idiot!

you must never ride on hard packed snow.  why doesn't Cat advertise them to AID IN COOLING ? 

oh wait, you ride about fourteen miles per hour and can't read... 9_9

28 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

They do nothing!  I have tried them and extended flaps, all that shit . I ride when the sun comes up and back by 2-3 pm. I ride tons of hard pack, matter fact I would say I run 70% hard pack. The faster procross 2 smokes are very finicky and almost always run hot. Best set I have tried for scratchers on procross 2 smoke and 4 are the ski doo tunnel scratchers. They throw tons of snow on the upper rear of the track and up and into exchangers. Never seen anything work better and tried all of them over the years. These ski doo tunnel mounted ones work so well usually you only need one down as they throw so much shit   

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/brp-ice-scratchers.154825/page-7

5F74E5C4-FF74-41C7-94F3-A967E809090F.jpeg

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

They do nothing!  I have tried them and extended flaps, all that shit . I ride when the sun comes up and back by 2-3 pm. I ride tons of hard pack, matter fact I would say I run 70% hard pack. The faster procross 2 smokes are very finicky and almost always run hot. Best set I have tried for scratchers on procross 2 smoke and 4 are the ski doo tunnel scratchers. They throw tons of snow on the upper rear of the track and up and into exchangers. Never seen anything work better and tried all of them over the years. These ski doo tunnel mounted ones work so well usually you only need one down as they throw so much shit   

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/brp-ice-scratchers.154825/page-7

5F74E5C4-FF74-41C7-94F3-A967E809090F.jpeg

Well, they worked great for me. I have scratchers as well, but I rarely deployed them. Only on bare ice conditions. They took the snow that went on the tunnel and put it inside. 

54 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Your opinion is irrelevant as the rest of us ride more than 15mph

• Haha 1

I had tunnel flares on a fan cooled Indy back in the 90's and they did a great job keeping snow off my back.  Didn't do shit for cooling.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well, they worked great for me. I have scratchers as well, but I rarely deployed them. Only on bare ice conditions. They took the snow that went on the tunnel and put it inside. 

We've been over this... 

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/42535-is-the-procross-chassis-prone-to-overheat/&do=findComment&comment=1518681

between the shitty snow flap and the need for scratchers in anything but ideal conditions they can run warm.  

everyone here who actually knows shit about Cats and sleds posted in that thread... except you, thinking tunnel flares make them run cooler.  maybe you should go back and re-read it.  

9_9

Since it's already chewed up on the bottom from being backed over by the studs... I just sent my brother the part numbers to order the SX flap, reinforcement and straps to try next winter if we actually get snow to ride on. 

9_9

Would like to add that the 2024 RXC has way better cooling then previous procross sleds. In 250 miles with some of that on really hard pack it was WAY better then my 2021 800 bag of turds. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Guessing that this is Gunners  trail sled….🤔

IMG_2647.thumb.png.e9632ef7740a6e5ac1d6b4c956273110.pngIMG_2648.thumb.png.ce544ff9e1bae5c60b97e9080b3f474c.png

His dad was racing it plus 50 masters in all the ice races

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

His dad was racing it plus 50 masters in all the ice races

Is it worth 11,000 in your opinion?🤷🏻

1 hour ago, SlugsOnSleds said:

LOL...Grade school shop class engineering at it's finest...Laughable JUNK...

for keeping flying debris from going up on the tunnel, running boards and the back of your helmet flying off the scratchers... they actually do their job. 

as far as making your sled run cooler... fuck no. 

@favoritos makes his own. 

PXL_20210110_203542503.jpg

What kind of Procross junk do you ride?  :snack:

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Is it worth 11,000 in your opinion?🤷🏻

No... It was raced on bare ice all winter 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Crnr2Crnr, Funny you mention the DIY version.  I've made those for years because I got tired of the customized stock version.

20180216_171836.thumb.jpg.3c6ccde3933852f2c92fa31e05db6d6c.jpg

I noticed that I was collecting chunks on my back in the corners with the Catalyst sleds.  It took a few miles to remember that it's been awhile since I've had a sled without flares.

It's not a big deal, but I often have my jacket loose.  Those snow buggers get chilly when they land in the collar.

I noticed the part numbers for the Catalyst flares and hoped to see how they were shaped.  I still haven't seen anything.

I've still got a sheet of polycarb stuff sitting around.  If I run out of crap to do it might be worth mocking up something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, favoritos said:

@Crnr2Crnr, Funny you mention the DIY version.  I've made those for years because I got tired of the customized stock version.

20180216_171836.thumb.jpg.3c6ccde3933852f2c92fa31e05db6d6c.jpg

I noticed that I was collecting chunks on my back in the corners with the Catalyst sleds.  It took a few miles to remember that it's been awhile since I've had a sled without flares.

It's not a big deal, but I often have my jacket loose.  Those snow buggers get chilly when they land in the collar.

I noticed the part numbers for the Catalyst flares and hoped to see how they were shaped.  I still haven't seen anything.

I've still got a sheet of polycarb stuff sitting around.  If I run out of crap to do it might be worth mocking up something.

Maybe just get a tunnel enclosure from Wahl.  :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member

So I’m building some sleds on the Cat site and I just requested a quote for a ZR 858 129 SnoPro and I’m wondering what the differences are between it and and the 137 skid especially the weight transfer or are the skids essentially the same.🤷🏻🤔❄️