Check your account email address ×

Spring Snow Check

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Fixed for accuracy.

not all I still ride with a guy who has 1 as his back up . they did give him a new secondary at like 1500mi  . they pretty much gave any one who asked a new secondary . he never had belt issues . that 12 was a real turd to try to hold a side hill or even initiate until he update fr end . think that thing has over 4400 deep snow mi on it no rebuilds yet.

no reason to sell don't think u can get 2 grand for a 12 cat lol. that said I would take a 12 cat over a 11 pro any day f the week that is if u can even find a 11 poo with a original motor in it still  

Edited by Ez ryder

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

not all I still ride with a guy who has 1 as his back up . they did give him a new secondary at like 1500mi  . they pretty much gave any one who asked a new secondary . he never had belt issues . that 12 was a real turd to try to hold a side hill or even initiate until he update fr end . think that thing has over 4400 deep snow mi on it no rebuilds yet.

no reason to sell don't think u can get 2 grand for a 12 cat lol

Smh :lol:

25 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Is it still 2017 ? Are we going back to band camp on a few early build 2012s?

we could talk all day about belts on 12 cats. any one want to talk if they would rather buy a few belts or new cases on 11/12/13 poo after the skirts drop and blow a hole in the cases of that pile of shit liberty ? oh yeah highest engineering and tolerance standards  went in to those snow owning liberty piles of shit   

Edited by Ez ryder

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

we could talk all day about belts on 12 cats. any one want to talk if they would rather buy a few belts of new cases on 11/12/13 poo after the shirts drop and blow a hole in the cases of that pile of shit liberty ? oh yeah highest engineering and tolerance standards  went in to those snow owning liberty piles of shit   

Lol.  

What ever happened to that "Easy piston skirt extraction"design of yours for the Poo mil where the piston skirts would just drop off, get ground up by the crank then spit out though the bottom of the belly pan? :lmao:

By the way....I think those Poo guys hate you on HCS.  HATE!  Even more than me!  

Good work! :bc:

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Lol.  

What ever happened to that "Easy piston skirt extraction"design of yours for the Poo mil where the piston skirts would just drop off, get ground up by the crank then spit out though the bottom of the belly pan? :lmao:

By the way....I think those Poo guys hate you on HCS.  HATE!  Even more than me!  

the carbon fiber band aid strap was not as strong as I had hoped

3 hours ago, Snake said:

That sled really got our of shape at 40 mph, the good news is he stayed out of the wire.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

The broken belt bashing on Cat is limited to a few years of the turbo. Bringing it up during an off trail discussion ,shows you know nothing.  Go back to HCS and talk about the Cat turbo that blew belts. You may get lucky and find a thread about Yamahooy,I hear they are just gas and go. Great fit and finish I hear?:stoned:

I had an 09 and 12 Turbo stupid fast fun for sure, ran them stock except for a Sandale muffler on the 12 for a 190 hp sled with no problems.

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Well , not to get myself in the middle of yet another shitstorm :lol:  but the 12's were pretty bad and the only reason the 800s were not as much of a widespread issue as the turbos were was because the more power that was applied to a sled with the motor mounts welded in crooked , the more the problem persisted .  It stretched well into the 13's also .

Cat fucked some people over pretty hard on those sleds and would never come out and admit what the REAL issues were , nor did they buy any of the problem sleds back .  :bc:

Set the alignment and the deflection and my 12 was good to go, put over 11,000 miles on that sled.

Most of the belt blowing and broken driveshafts was guys installing a hyjacker then running 220 hp, Wolfie was the perfect example; after nothing but love and praise for his sled in 2012 he boosted for 13 and voila problems...........imagine that :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That sled really got our of shape at 40 mph, the good news is he stayed out of the wire.

I had an 09 and 12 Turbo stupid fast fun for sure, ran them stock except for a Sandale muffler on the 12 for a 190 hp sled with no problems.

Set the alignment and the deflection and my 12 was good to go, put over 11,000 miles on that sled.

Most of the belt blowing and broken driveshafts was guys installing a hyjacker then running 220 hp, Wolfie was the perfect example; after nothing but love and praise for his sled in 2012 he boosted for 13 and voila problems...........imagine that :lol: 

He put more power to a sled with hidden issues and  viola !   Blown belts , thanks for backing up my post . Anyhow , my 13 800 has never had a single problem either , not one , 5500 miles and it's still on the original clutch parts including the springs , rollers ect , no blown belts , the current one has about 2k miles on it .   That doesn't change the fact that there were issues with a lot of the 12 -13 800s and turbos .    They knew it and once they realized what it would take to fix the bad ones they said fuck it and just let those guy's eat it .   :bc:

Edited by Sal Rosenberg

5 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

He put more power to a sled with hidden issues and  viola !   Blown belts , thanks for backing up my post . Anyhow , my 13 800 has never had a single problem either , not one , 5500 miles and it's still on the original clutch parts including the springs , rollers ect , no blown belts , the current one has about 2k miles on it .   That doesn't change the fact that there was issues with a lot of the 12 -13 800s and turbos .    They knew it and once they realized what it would take to fix the bad ones they said fuck it and just let those guy's eat it .   :bc:

The sled was engineered for 180 hp, Cat had zero responsibility to engineer it for boosted HP levels.

His sled was stellar stock, he boosted it and had problems oh fucking well :lol:

Hey Ronnie think about this, the serious guys boosted and fortified the driveline and had sleds that ran like raped apes.

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The sled was engineered for 180 hp, Cat had zero responsibility to engineer it for boosted HP levels.

His sled was stellar stock, he boosted it and had problems oh fucking well :lol:

Hey Ronnie think about this, the serious guys boosted and fortified the driveline and had sleds that ran like raped apes.

Vin.......... the factory just dropped a 200 hoss motor in the same sled  :news:  

C'mon man , plenty of stockers had the problem and so did plenty of 8's .  Then once some of the good ones got some time and miles on them the TCL's started cracking and until you figured out what it was then you were eating belts .  Cat did something about that at least .  Then there was the snow ingestion issues .    Lee lost his 800 due to that and I towed Brians sled for over 50 miles because of it . I defended them too early on but once the truth came out that was it .    The early ones had issues .  Lucky for us , you and I got good ones , mines been flawless .     :bc:

Edited by Sal Rosenberg
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Lol.  

That's bull shit,they hate me more!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

He put more power to a sled with hidden issues and  viola !   Blown belts , thanks for backing up my post . Anyhow , my 13 800 has never had a single problem either , not one , 5500 miles and it's still on the original clutch parts including the springs , rollers ect , no blown belts , the current one has about 2k miles on it .   That doesn't change the fact that there were issues with a lot of the 12 -13 800s and turbos .    They knew it and once they realized what it would take to fix the bad ones they said fuck it and just let those guy's eat it .   :bc:

they gave every one who asked a big fin secondary and shimmed to primary  . but that was as far as they went .

Just now, Ez ryder said:

they gave every one who asked a big fin secondary and shimmed to primary  . but that was as far as they went .

I didn't even ask and I got one .  Works pretty good too .      I dunno if you have ridden an early release 800 with the new clutches or not but they feel really nice .    :bc:

51 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I didn't even ask and I got one .  Works pretty good too .      I dunno if you have ridden an early release 800 with the new clutches or not but they feel really nice .    :bc:

I have been on a yammi cat with that clutch . but it is pushing 260h so of course it is fun . 2 of my buds had 1 for a day in Idaho and want 1 after 6yrs on pro's and axsis  and a history of motor issues .1 of the 14 pros is on its 3rd motor with under 2400mi on it WTF is up with that . yeah he pounds the shit out of it but that is what it is built for . no big thing insurance gave him a nice check for it few weeks back . should be on cranky ape soon progressive dropped it there  

they say the back shift was a bit soft but other than that sled is phenomenal .I know 1 guy is looking in to hold over mountain cats because of the history of the zuk but torn because of clutching on new motor .other guy is snow checking  

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's based on a curve. :lol:

It's no wonder there isn't a lot of Doo guys over there.  Sensitive bunch!

Ya doo guys have their safe place too... :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Ya doo guys have their safe place too... :lol:

Doo talk baby!  I'm on my third screen name there...the same one here.  Those moderators are awfully sensitive.  Or were, I quit posting after my second ban for questioning motives and information.  And some of you think the HCS mods are a bit overzealous.  Holy shit.  Uber gross.

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Doo talk baby!  I'm on my third screen name there...the same one here.  Those moderators are awfully sensitive.  Or were, I quit posting after my second ban for questioning motives and information.  And some of you think the HCS mods are a bit overzealous.  Holy shit.  Uber gross.

Ive been on that forum for years and never been banned.

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Ive been on that forum for years and never been banned.

You are more pleasantly received than I am.

:lol:

Mods didn't like to get shit slung back at them there.  Especially when you proved them wrong.  And I was a Doo guy!  Worse thing was I stayed within the rules both times.  Some people shouldn't be mods.