Check your account email address ×

Spring Snow Check

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

cat guy driving a Polaris . and because some mature sumac will total a doo .oak saplings will leave a xp stranded with only option out is on a hook all the way to the salvage yard .

doo makes a dam fine ribbon runner . off trail with any obstacles not so much

Funny you say that...both cats on our one mountain trip last yr had issues...none of the doos or poos did....theres a reason cat is way behind in sales....cats have way more issues then poo or cat

......end of story.

6 minutes ago, Dave said:

Funny you say that...both cats on our one mountain trip last yr had issues...none of the doos or poos did....theres a reason cat is way behind in sales....cats have way more issues then poo or cat

......end of story.

really tell that one to some one who dose not ride with 5rmk guys on every trip west .

only run with 1 doo guy and he gets new every yr

what issues did both cats have?

11 minutes ago, Dave said:

......end of story.

Pics of you and your group playing in the trees please.:snack:

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

really tell that one to some one who dose not ride with 5rmk guys on every trip west .

All of the imaginary ones that get posted on dootalk every day :lol:     

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Bent tunnel and broken front shock mount....and numerous blown belts...but the belts are usual stuff...both guys are on poos now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave said:

Bent tunnel and broken front shock mount....and numerous blown belts...but the belts are usual stuff...both guys are on poos now.

busted shock mount on a cat ha? WTF did he take out? I have tore off the whole left side lower arm and busted the upper no shock mount breakage . also bent both upper and lower to the point they were bulging plastic with no breaking shock mount. deff a freak deal . and the tunnel bend also had to be a pretty serious hit . shit last trip I hit a deep hole flew 20 feet in to a deep hole sled came out of hole tail first 2 end over end flips cleared 30 feet landed on the tail . I bent steering post and busted throttle . that's it . it would no question have totaled a doo and a poo would have needed a rear tunnel section  for sure every one who saw it was shocked it did not bend .

if they bought a poo hopping for a more durable chassis  they are going to be extremely disappointed .

I have blown 1 belt in 1700 deep snow Mi on my 14. but I do run a team tied and took the time to shim as needed . I have flat spotted a few but that is my fault for getting stuck and not wanting to dig  

Edited by Ez ryder

Just now, Ez ryder said:

busted shock mount on a cat ha? WTF did he take out? I have tore off the whole left side lower arm and busted the upper no shock mount breakage . also bent both upper and lower to the point they were bulging plastic with no breaking shock mount. deff a freak deal . and the tunnel bend also had to be a pretty serious hit . shit last trip I hit a deep hole flew 20 feet in to a deep hole sled came out of hole tail first 2 end over end flips cleared 30 feet landed on the tail . I bent steering post and busted throttle . that's it . it would no question have totaled a doo and a poo would have needed a rear tunnel section  for sure every one who saw it was shocked it did not bend .

if they bought a poo hopping for a more durable chassis  they are going to be extremely disappointed .

Oh so you are the standard by what can break on a cat. :lol:

Anyway im glad cats been good for you...cause they have been bad for so many others. :bc:

The broken belt bashing on Cat is limited to a few years of the turbo. Bringing it up during an off trail discussion ,shows you know nothing.  Go back to HCS and talk about the Cat turbo that blew belts. You may get lucky and find a thread about Yamahooy,I hear they are just gas and go. Great fit and finish I hear?:stoned:

27 minutes ago, Dave said:

Oh so you are the standard by what can break on a cat. :lol:

Anyway im glad cats been good for you...cause they have been bad for so many others. :bc:

no I ride with a lot of cat and also help a bud in his shop turning a wrench when he needs it so I have seen a lot of shit .

cat with out question has the most durable chassis and most reliable motor . now other miss shit is junk no question electric will inevitably rub and short/ pipe sensors /shit alinment from factory was pretty bad but good now/ chain case gears and adjusters junk . lots of little shot but a list of junk can be made with all of them. I buy cats for deep snow because I hit shot and roll them a lot .

20170205_155952.jpg

20170203_113835.jpg

20170203_113736.jpg

20170203_114355.jpg

Edited by Ez ryder

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

The broken belt bashing on Cat is limited to a few years of the turbo. Bringing it up during an off trail discussion ,shows you know nothing.  Go back to HCS and talk about the Cat turbo that blew belts. You may get lucky and find a thread about Yamahooy,I hear they are just gas and go. Great fit and finish I hear?:stoned:

:lmao:

:groin:

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Ok....thats why there were clutch updates for the 2 strokes as well....

You couldnt find a belt for a cat 800 here for a couple seasons...it was hilarious...but sad at the same time.

32 minutes ago, Dave said:

There was a time when bent tunnels, blown belts and jackshafts were wear items on the cats :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Well , not to get myself in the middle of yet another shitstorm :lol:  but the 12's were pretty bad and the only reason the 800s were not as much of a widespread issue as the turbos were was because the more power that was applied to a sled with the motor mounts welded in crooked , the more the problem persisted .  It stretched well into the 13's also .

Cat fucked some people over pretty hard on those sleds and would never come out and admit what the REAL issues were , nor did they buy any of the problem sleds back .  :bc:

• Like 1

Just now, Kev144 said:

There was a time when bent tunnels, blown belts and jackshafts were wear items on the cats :lol: 

Vince drove around with a spare Everything.... :lmao:

Just now, Kev144 said:

when was this 12 and early 13 with belts .cat has never had a issue with bending tunnels . 

why has poo updated there 800 like 14 times if there was no issues lol

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

Some fuckers need to be smacked around a bit,until they show some respect? :lmao:who do they think they are fucking with? I'm a god damn Madcatter . :lol2:

:lol:

HCS is pretty dead.  Nobody doing shit over there.  Buncha newbies asking sledding questions about aligning skis and the best oil to use.  This cycle seems to repeat every 2-3 years.

:dunno:

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

when was this 12 and early 13 with belts .cat has never had a issue with bending tunnels . 

why has poo updated there 800 like 14 times if there was no issues lol

Cat had a recall on the bending tunnels... :lol:

You couldnt even put a gas can on them.

8 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Some fuckers need to be smacked around a bit,until they show some respect? :lmao:who do they think they are fucking with? I'm a god damn Madcatter . :lol2:

Go sit in your girly h3 and STFU! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Still at a loss with the 800 eating belts. Turbo yes, HCS yes,real life,not so much. 

some early build 12s had issues . most could be fixed with a motor /clutch alignment and a lot had to many shims/washers  behind secondary  .

u kids should go read what guys are saying on snowest about the new mountain cats they bought or took a demo . lots of guys jumping ship

Edited by Ez ryder

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

All 12s had issues . most couldnt be fixed with a motor /clutch alignment and a lot had to many shims/washers  behind secondary  .

Fixed for accuracy.