Check your account email address ×

Hypothetical Question, what would you do?

45 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Can you spend it on investments? Real estate, equities? Or do you have to blow it on nondurable goods?

I hope you people get to the point at some time in your life where money isn't the ruling force in your lives...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It really is a simple "yes" or "no" question. 

Yes, since I’d be able to recoup the 100k plus 20k on top.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I hope you people get to the point at some time in your life where money isn't the ruling force in your lives...

Statement out of left field.

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, Snake said:

Be that as it may, I don't know any happy poor people.

Edited by Steve753

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Sure....buy $100K in gold then sell it and pocket the $20K.   Easy peasy lemon squeezy. 

Well, that would be a great way to do it.  Unfortunately when the government offers something like this to townships, it has stipulations on what it can be spent on.

I this case you had to spend all 120K on what they wanted so you really pocket nothing.

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

No , it is not. Without knowing what you can spend it on it is almost impossible for most to answer.

I gave no stipulations.   Best answer I heard yet was from highmark. 

Edited by racer254

46 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well, that would be a great way to do it.  Unfortunately when the government offers something like this to townships, it has stipulations on what it can be spent on.

I this case you had to spend all 120K on what they wanted so you really pocket nothing.

Then why the fuck didn't you say that in the original post?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Heard some shit on talk radio this AM about celebs who are worth 100's of millions who got a few mil. Made me sick.

It was crazy what happened in the trades. Contractors basically got free payroll and rent and then kept that money when the jobs got billed out. Alot of these guys didnt need it but they got millions. 

Just now, Anler said:

It was crazy what happened in the trades. Contractors basically got free payroll and rent and then kept that money when the jobs got billed out. Alot of these guys didnt need it but they got millions. 

It was so disgusting. To the next generation , I apologize.

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

True story.  My boat neighbor has a 48' Cranchee, which is a super sweet yacht, and he's named it "Prestige Worldwide".  I thought it was a curious name, so googled it, and up came StepBrothers.   Ran into him over the weekend and asked him if he was headed out to the Catalina Wine Mixer.  :lol: 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, racer254 said:

Dude you could have just said that was your point.