Check your account email address ×

Tulsi

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Come on dude....you know its not as simple as that.   We all would have loved Trump to shut the govt down but doing that for any extended period of time eliminated any chance at reelection.  COVID was a wildcard that played a massive role as well.    

Plenty of smart people on this forum, but the understanding of this whole situation with trump as an outsider fails them.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Plenty of smart people on this forum, but the understanding of this whole situation with trump as an outsider fails them.

Its very clear how Trump has been treated by DOJ and yes the deep state (career bureaucrats) from the get go and still is that they are afraid of him.   If people can't see that then they really don't have a functioning brain. 

Look at what Chuck Schumer said about the IC getting you six ways from Sunday.   That still to me was the most honest yet scary thing a politician has ever slipped up and said.  He is likely in the top 3-5 most powerful people in this country.  More so than the VP. 

Edited by Highmark

Quit being so gullible!

:lol:

Screenshot_20220818-074837_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

Its very clear how Trump has been treated by DOJ and yes the deep state (career bureaucrats) from the get go and still is that they are afraid of him.   If people can't see that then they really don't have a functioning brain.  

Nobody is missing anything…Trump hired the deep state, Trump spent a shitload of money…quit making excuses for the guy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

There is simply no alternative other than working within the 2 party system we have now and trying to make changes that way.  Yes it sucks but that's the hand we are currently dealt.  Honestly if you can't see that one party is still far worse than the other than keep on pissing and moaning about everything on a obscure snowmobile site to make yourself feel like a rebel.

Ask yourself what is the perfect platform of a 3rd or 4th party and what percentage of American's it really matches up with.  A fiscally conservative but very socially liberal platform would not be as popular as you might think.  A fiscally liberal and socially conservative (Neocon) would be even less popular.  Down the middle on both won't attract much support either and honestly don't think it could exist.         

i agree that there is virtually no alternative but to think that one guy is going to change all of that after having no history of doing so... There are no fiscally conservative republicans and the republican party colludes with the democrat party to keep third party candidates off of ballots all over the country. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Come on dude....you know its not as simple as that.   We all would have loved Trump to shut the govt down but doing that for any extended period of time eliminated any chance at reelection.  COVID was a wildcard that played a massive role as well.    

They are only worse because you dont agree with what they are doing. When Trump and other republicans were sticking insane spending (theft) and hot poking the democrats republicans thought that was great. Triggering the left! haha. Now who is getting triggered? Why cant you see this game?

We are supposed to have constitutional rights and when one side looks the other way because the people they dont like are getting the heat the tribe defends it. But when you give one side an abusive power (because they are doing something you agree with) you have to imagine the worst person imaginable having the same power and now you dont like it. So no, I dont differentiate between the two. 

And shutting down the govt or "blowing it up" isnt something anyone here is prepared to deal with and could give us something far worse. We should stick with the blueprint for freedom we already have and enforce that. because had we stuck to that plan we wouldnt have to choose the color of dick that is fucking us.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

They are only worse because you dont agree with what they are doing. When Trump and other republicans were sticking insane spending (theft) and hot poking the democrats republicans thought that was great. Triggering the left! haha. Now who is getting triggered? Why cant you see this game?

We are supposed to have constitutional rights and when one side looks the other way because the people they dont like are getting the heat the tribe defends it. But when you give one side an abusive power (because they are doing something you agree with) you have to imagine the worst person imaginable having the same power and now you dont like it. So no, I dont differentiate between the two. 

And shutting down the govt or "blowing it up" isnt something anyone here is prepared to deal with and could give us something far worse. We should stick with the blueprint for freedom we already have and enforce that. because had we stuck to that plan we wouldnt have to choose the color of dick that is fucking us.

Enlighten us as to what that is?

Again I think you need to separate Trump from the typical GOP.   The POTUS only submits a budget to congress what comes back is something totally different.  Then there's the whole dis/non-dis spending that has to be looked at.

I've said many times spending was the one thing I most disagreed with Trump but also other than shutting down the govt the least he had control over.  I was one of few that wanted him to shut it down and stick to his guns on spending reductions.  No matter the consequences.  

You claim to want changes but don't want to shut the govt down in order to get there.   Why not?   

Edited by Highmark

Again I think you need to separate Trump from the typical GOP.   The POTUS only submits a budget to congress what comes back is something totally different.  Then there's the whole dis/non-dis spending that has to be looked at.

I've said many times spending was the one thing I most disagreed with Trump but also other than shutting down the govt the least he had control over.  I was one of few that wanted him to shut it down and stick to his guns on spending reductions.

You claim to want changes but don't want to shut the govt down in order to get there.   Why not?   

Look at the responses, there are people who really don't understand.   What else could it be?  Unless they are getting money and are part of the problem.

Just now, racer254 said:

Look at the responses, there are people who really don't understand.   What else could it be?  Unless they are getting money and are part of the problem.

The only one here that doesn't understand is you.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Steve753 said:

:lame:  Why don't you explain it as I have and highmark is trying to do, instead of blaming trump for spending and saying he hired swamp creatures in his cabinet. 

One must also look beyond the fed govt as that's just about 1/2 what govt spends.   Without question "Red" states are in a far better position fiscally than "Blue" states.

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

:lame:  Why don't you explain it as I have and highmark is trying to do, instead of blaming trump for spending and saying he hired swamp creatures in his cabinet. 

Well there is the crux right there…don’t blame Trump for his actions..really no reason to continue.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

One must also look beyond the fed govt as that's just about 1/2 what govt spends.   Without question "Red" states are in a far better position fiscally than "Blue" states.

I wouldn't say that. It's pretty even.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/fiscal-stability

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I've said many times spending was the one thing I most disagreed with Trump but also other than shutting down the govt the least he had control over.  I was one of few that wanted him to shut it down and stick to his guns on spending reductions.  No matter the consequences.  

Why doesn't any Republican anywhere (state, local, us Congress, president ..) propose a govt reduction act? We are being told by business leaders (WEF and others) that the advancement of AI and technology is going to greatly reduce our labor force going forward. Why can't current technology reduce the labor force of govt? Why do both parties engage in foreign aid when we have the highest debt in the world? Why do both parties load every spending bill with half of it being pork? Why do both parties use tax dollars to bail out failing businesses who failed on their own practices? Why do both parties only give tax abatements to large corporations but not small ones? Why do would any of us need tax relief if we weren't so heavily taxed? Why do both parties support warfare and occupation against countries that did not attack us and pose no threat to us militarily or economically? And what does trump plan to do or has done to change any of that? So yeah trump gets all of the shade the typical gop gets. It's exactly what I said, the indians defend the crimes of their tribe and then use the crimes of the other tribe to justify them. 

I don't like this, I don't support that. But what the other guys are doing is worse... Why don't you hold the people you vote for accountable? Including and especially trump since he is so different. 

• Like 2

Just now, Steve753 said:

:lol:   That's even to you?   Top 10 8 states are Red. (your link)

California, New York, New Jersey and Illinois are all in deep financial shit.  

My link top 5 worst all blue.   Top 5 best all red.   

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/debt-by-state

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Why doesn't any Republican anywhere (state, local, us Congress, president ..) propose a govt reduction act? We are being told by business leaders (WEF and others) that the advancement of AI and technology is going to greatly reduce our labor force going forward. Why can't current technology reduce the labor force of govt? Why do both parties engage in foreign aid when we have the highest debt in the world? Why do both parties load every spending bill with half of it being pork? Why do both parties use tax dollars to bail out failing businesses who failed on their own practices? Why do both parties only give tax abatements to large corporations but not small ones? Why do would any of us need tax relief if we weren't so heavily taxed? Why do both parties support warfare and occupation against countries that did not attack us and pose no threat to us militarily or economically? And what does trump plan to do or has done to change any of that? So yeah trump gets all of the shade the typical gop gets. It's exactly what I said, the indians defend the crimes of their tribe and then use the crimes of the other tribe to justify them. 

I don't like this, I don't support that. But what the other guys are doing is worse... Why don't you hold the people you vote for accountable? Including and especially trump since he is so different. 

Trump offered a tax moratorium and 90% of people on this board were against it.

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

Reality is its the American citizen not just the politicians.  Many want spending.   Just look at UHC for example.   Even some who claim to be fiscally conservative on here yearn for it all the time.  Well it will save me or my business money.   Didn't you want or support UHC?

I agree with or like much of what you are saying and wish from local to state to federal we would massively reduce govt.   Fact is as the old saying goes about a democracy or republic is that it only has a certain amount of time before too much of the population wants to vote itself gifts from the treasury.  

Tell us what are you doing besides not voting for a party candidate or complain on here to make changes?  Ever think of running for local govt?

America is on the road to failure and one side will just take us there quicker.  Time to accept that reality.       

Edited by Highmark

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Reality is its the American citizen not just the politicians.  Many want spending.   Just look at UHC for example.   Even some who claim to be fiscally conservative on here yearn for it all the time.  Well it will save me or my business money.   Didn't you want or support UHC?

I agree with or like much of what you are saying and wish from local to state to federal we would massively reduce govt.   Fact is as the old saying goes about a democracy or republic is that it only has a certain amount of time before too much of the population wants to vote itself gifts from the treasury.  

Tell us what are you doing besides not voting for a party candidate or complain on here to make changes?  Ever think of running for local govt?

America is on the road to failure and one side will just take us there quicker.  Time to accept that reality.       

I think UHC is one of those things that sounds good but my perspective is different because I pay a shit ton in health insurance premiums and see the results of that. I also have a very scalded view of the current medical system and think that with a potential govt funding is rife for corruption, more so than it already is. 

Personally I think a non insurance based medical system would greatly reduce costs and promote more effective treatment. Allow employers to contribute to a HSA instead of premiums and then employees have to shop for and pay for their own services. Its a long conversation but I dont like the current system or the UHC idea. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes, the local boards would be a start.  I am on plenty and unfortunately, even with a board of 3, it is hard to explain how we should NOT take money from the higher forms of government.

For instance, last year if we spent 100K to fix the roads, the state would give the township 20 grand more.  But if you did not spend that 100,000 dollars you didn't get that extra 20,000.  Try to explain that to people.  Many think you just lost 20 grand, not that you saved 100,000 dollars and saved an extra 20k, effectively saving 120k.  Hard to convince people why you voted in that way.

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

I think UHC is one of those things that sounds good but my perspective is different because I pay a shit ton in health insurance premiums and see the results of that. I also have a very scalded view of the current medical system and think that with a potential govt funding is rife for corruption, more so than it already is. 

Personally I think a non insurance based medical system would greatly reduce costs and promote more effective treatment. Allow employers to contribute to a HSA instead of premiums and then employees have to shop for and pay for their own services. Its a long conversation but I dont like the current system or the UHC idea. 

Reality is some type of insurance based system is the only way it can be handled because of the massive cost of care for the desire to live longer, better lives.   It has to be spread out.   Technology is not reducing HC costs at all...its making them explode.   The example I commonly give is joint replacements.   20 years ago I hardly knew anyone.   Now I can name 25 people some who have had multiple.  

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think we need to start to dismantle some of these institutions starting with the FBI.  She is right in as much it is not even a party identity problem as much as it is a Washington power and control problem.

She like other quasi dictators just wants to have one power and that’s the military so they can control the country with force……you know like NK, China and Russia.

Its no secret where she stands unless your part of the uneducated Trump rump swabs.

FUCK HER WITH YOUR DINK

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

ahh no.  

19 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

She like other quasi dictators just wants to have one power and that’s the military so they can control the country with force……you know like NK, China and Russia.

Its no secret where she stands unless your part of the uneducated Trump rump swabs.

FUCK HER WITH YOUR DINK

classy

3 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Any government that feels it needs a Ministry of Truth or anything equivalent to that is a government I don't want

But AKvanden says a ministry of truth isn't fascist because he read a definition on wiki