Check your account email address ×

Tolerant Hollywood In 1973

• Platinum Contributing Member

Sacheen Littlefeather who refused to accept an Oscar On Marlon Brando behalf in 1973 has finally received and apology from The Academy. 

When she stepped on stage at the Oscar’s this is what she said. 

“Hello. My name is Sacheen Littlefeather. I'm Apache and I am president of the National Native American Affirmative Image Committee. I'm representing Marlon Brando this evening and he has asked me to tell you in a very long speech, which I cannot share with you presently because of time but I will be glad to share with the press afterwards, that he very regretfully cannot accept this very generous award. And the reasons for this being are the treatment of American Indians today by the film industry – excuse me – and on television in movie reruns, and also with recent happenings at Wounded Knee. I beg at this time that I have not intruded upon this evening and that we will in the future, our hearts and our understandings will meet with love and generosity. Thank you on behalf of Marlon Brando.”

Despite the boos and jeers coming from the audience, she maintained her composure. John Wayne attempted to physically attack her as she exited the platform and had to be restrained by security. By claiming that he was giving the medal on behalf of "all the cowboys shot in all the John Ford Westerns," Clint Eastwood made fun of her. Littlefeather was thereafter put on a Hollywood blacklist and never again engaged in the film business. 

On September 17, 2022, Littlefeather will return to the Academy once again as a guest of honor.

8C3977C0-75A8-4093-BB2B-4330170A47CC.thumb.jpeg.3104cddfddafa06566845b638460cdab.jpegD96ADCBD-B5BC-4DA7-987B-12B1E6CFC33F.thumb.jpeg.42f3a6072e0f9a64e3c0a74592d86f09.jpeg

John Wayne tried to attack her and Clint Eastwood made fun of her..then she was blacklisted. Glad those jagoffs are finally making amends.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sacheen Littlefeather who refused to accept an Oscar On Marlon Brando behalf in 1973 has finally received and apology from The Academy. 

When she stepped on stage at the Oscar’s this is what she said. 

“Hello. My name is Sacheen Littlefeather. I'm Apache and I am president of the National Native American Affirmative Image Committee. I'm representing Marlon Brando this evening and he has asked me to tell you in a very long speech, which I cannot share with you presently because of time but I will be glad to share with the press afterwards, that he very regretfully cannot accept this very generous award. And the reasons for this being are the treatment of American Indians today by the film industry – excuse me – and on television in movie reruns, and also with recent happenings at Wounded Knee. I beg at this time that I have not intruded upon this evening and that we will in the future, our hearts and our understandings will meet with love and generosity. Thank you on behalf of Marlon Brando.”

Despite the boos and jeers coming from the audience, she maintained her composure. John Wayne attempted to physically attack her as she exited the platform and had to be restrained by security. By claiming that he was giving the medal on behalf of "all the cowboys shot in all the John Ford Westerns," Clint Eastwood made fun of her. Littlefeather was thereafter put on a Hollywood blacklist and never again engaged in the film business. 

On September 17, 2022, Littlefeather will return to the Academy once again as a guest of honor.

8C3977C0-75A8-4093-BB2B-4330170A47CC.thumb.jpeg.3104cddfddafa06566845b638460cdab.jpegD96ADCBD-B5BC-4DA7-987B-12B1E6CFC33F.thumb.jpeg.42f3a6072e0f9a64e3c0a74592d86f09.jpeg

John Wayne tried to attack her and Clint Eastwood made fun of her..then she was blacklisted. Glad those jagoffs are finally making amends.

.........annnnnnd why we know how easily manipulated you are.  One fucking article, and you you shitbag two iconic actors careers.  Funny, I don't think we ever hear you describe either of them as jagoffs before.  Who doesn't like Clint Eastwood or John Wayne?  Hmm.  One article though....and off you go.  Basically because they held conservative values in a liberal town, the same town that 50 years later, the public is finally tiring of.  And even though their opinions and values have evolved like almost anyones would over a period of time, you're going to hold them to account for an opinion they may have held 50 years ago.

Edited by DriftBusta

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

.........annnnnnd why we know how easily manipulated you are.  One fucking article, and you you shitbag two iconic actors careers.  Funny, I don't think we ever hear you describe either of them as jagoffs before.  Who doesn't like Clint Eastwood or John Wayne?  Hmm.  One article though....and off you go.  Basically because they held conservative values in a liberal town, the same town that 50 years later, the public is finally tiring of.  And even though their opinions and values have evolved like almost anyones would over a period of time, you're going to hold them to account for an opinion they may have held 50 years ago.

I'd like to see him spend some quality time with a book about Ronald Reagan and what he did while in Hollywood. :lol:

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I'd like to see him spend some quality time with a book about Ronald Reagan and what he did while in Hollywood. :lol:

I have several on my book shelf I could send him.  :lol:  And several others about how mainstream media narratives are born and who spreads them.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I have several on my book shelf I could send him.  :lol:  And several others about how mainstream media narratives are born and who spreads them.

jUsT aN aCtOr....

44 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well in your usual fashion of paying more to attention to the fact that I’m the one posting rather than then what I posted you put words in my mouth and assign numerous positions. I simply said what Wayne and Eastwood  did and obviously the jagoffs I’m referring to are the Hollywood types of  today. Maybe you and Moe tamp each other’s hard ons down and then  you wouldn’t be such cunts.👍🏼

BTW it’s interesting how you ignore the whole blacklisting thing…strange considering you both fancy yourselves as patriots and Constitutional experts.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well in your usual fashion of paying more to attention to the fact that I’m the one posting rather than then what I posted you put words in my mouth and assign numerous positions. I simply said what Wayne and Eastwood  did and obviously the jagoffs I’m referring to are the Hollywood types of  today. Maybe you and Moe tamp each other’s hard ons down and then  you wouldn’t be such cunts.👍🏼

I can go weeks of posting using my opinions and a funny quip here and there. Why do you always feel the need to call someone a cunt of use your typical homoerotic references to disparage? Are you that insecure in your positions? It's not funny when Bhen does it and it is even less funny when you do it....

Look at the bold. Is that third grade level shit or what... :lol:

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

Ever read about the Hollywood blacklisting in the 50s?

As long as they were blacklisting only dirty librulz or “suspected” Commies it’s all good…some of these guys would have been fluffing Senator McCarthy more vigorously than they do Trump. 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Snake said:

I can go weeks of posting using my opinions and a funny quip here and there. Why do you always feel the need to call someone a cunt of use your typical homoerotic references to disparage? Are you that insecure in your positions? It's not funny when Bhen does it and it is even less funny when you do it....

well,, he is an ignorant cunt,,,,

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

The Academy.  :lol:  Who gives a shit. 

FFS is was just something different…can’t post anything about you know who or all resident whiners start calling for a separate forum. Maybe the FS Veterans Committee should come up with a suitable list of topics.🤣👍🏼

4 hours ago, Snake said:

I’m not insecure at all and unlike you I don’t consider myself some sort of forum moderator in charge of what people should or should not post and TBH you haven’t posted any “funny quips” that I’ve seen.🤷🏻🤣